Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

12% off T-Mobile/AT&T (8% off Net10/Tracfone/Verizon) Refills - Now thru 7/5

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-09, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Linky: www.callingmart.com

12% Off T-mobile and at&t go phone refills on CallingMart.com this Sunday 6/28 and lasting through Sunday 7/5. Coupon Code: Hpy4July09-12

8% Off Net10, Tracfone, Verizon & PagePlus on CallingMart.com this Sunday 6/28 and lasting through Sunday 7/5. Coupon Code: Hpy4July09-8
Old 06-29-09, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 12% off T-Mobile/AT&T (8% off Net10/Tracfone/Verizon) Refills - Now thru 7/5

I am considering joining T-Mobile. Is a refill from Calling Mart different in any way from a refill directly from T-Mobile? Does a first-time T-Mobile user buying a $100 card still earn Gold Rewards status for spending $100, even though they paid a discounted price?

Last edited by Manos; 06-29-09 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added a question
Old 06-29-09, 01:10 PM

Re: 12% off T-Mobile/AT&T (8% off Net10/Tracfone/Verizon) Refills - Now thru 7/5

I decided to ask T-Mobile directly, so I called them.

Q: Is a refill from Calling Mart different in any way from a refill directly from T-Mobile?
A: No. The reseller could add terms that would apply to their transaction, but those would be irrelevant to T-Mobile.

Q: Does a first-time T-Mobile user buying a $100 card still earn Gold Rewards status for spending $100, even though they paid a discounted price?
A: Yes.
Old 06-30-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Didn't recheck this thread until tonight. Sorry for not getting back with you.

T-mobile does not care from where you purchased your refill card. They sell their cards in bulk to retailers who then mark it up and sell it at face value. Some retailers are willing to make a little less per card by selling them at below face value - expecting to make up the difference in volume. Still others with relatively little overhead (internet-only outlets, as opposed to B&M stores) can more deeply discount the cards.

Even with 12% off, please don't think that CallingMart is losing money. They're certain to be buying them for less than $88 if they're selling them to you for that price. And CallingMart has been around for a while - they're not scammers and they aren't selling "hot" cards.

When I switched the phones in our household (my wife and I) from post-paid to prepaid, I bought a pair of $100 cards from CallingMart to use to start both of our accounts. We qualified for insta-Gold immediately after applying them to our phones.

We have made out like bandits - btw - since the switch. We had been paying $70 per month for two lines ($59.99 for 700 combined minutes, plus $10 in taxes/fees). I dropped $200 for prepaid service in January, and just refilled my phone for the first time here at the end of June. I should be good for the rest of the year, my wife will probably have minutes left over when the 365 days run out. $300 for 12 months pre-paid instead of $70 x 12 = $840 for the same period post-paid. And best of all, when December rolls around and her account is set to time-out, I can apply any of the $25 cards I have lying around the house to extend her for another 365 days to ensure that none of her original 1000 minutes get wasted. Some of y'all are texting, downloading, surfing people... we're not. We only use the phone to call people, and even then not that frequently. Prepaid was made for us!
Old 06-30-09, 09:45 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ken. Callingmart sounds like a reputable outfit. I only wish I had acted sooner. Last night their price on T-Mobile's 1000 minute card was $88 before the code discount, bringing the final price to $82. Today the card price is $94, making the discounted price $88. I'm going to check again tomorrow, and probably buy one.

Last edited by Manos; 07-01-09 at 07:18 AM. Reason: deleted additional question
Old 07-01-09, 04:09 PM

Update: I bought a card this morning, and didn't need to be called on the phone to verify a first-time user. The transaction took a couple of minutes, and my new T-Mobile account shows 1000 minutes added. Thanks, kenbuzz!