Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

One & Only Yourmusic.com Thread I (BMG R.I.P.)

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

One & Only Yourmusic.com Thread I (BMG R.I.P.)

Old 09-23-09, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: One & Only Yourmusic.com Thread I (BMG R.I.P.)

Thanks for pointing that out. I check the new arrivals almost daily, & you're right; the Def Leppard never went in that section. I don't want the DL, but wonder what else I've missed?

I ASSUME the Bowie's going to be Storytellers. YM often isn't the best deal on multiple sets, but so far I haven't seen Storytellers for less then $14 delivered, so may pick it up.

Another problem with the site is that at least in Firefox, everytime I tell it to go to a new page, a blank page comes up & I have to refresh the page to view. SLOPPY CODING.

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 10-01-09 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-23-09, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to see Yourmusic add to their "coming soon list" the box sets and/or single CDs of The Beatles remasters or The Rolling Stones remasters and also some of the Woodstock 40th Anniversary CDs.

I guess I can dream.

Last edited by MusicLover7; 09-23-09 at 08:17 AM.
Old 09-23-09, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Another problem with the site is that at least in Firefox, everytime I tell it to go to a new page, a blank page comes up & I have to refresh the page to view. SLOPPY CODING.
I have the same problem with the site. It seems to be worse since the BMG site is gone.

The Pyromania set is a good price. I picked it up on sale at Best Buy for $15 a couple of months ago. Also it it now showing in the New Arrivals list.
Old 09-25-09, 09:14 PM
Cool New Member

Am I the only one getting bad vibes about yourmusic? At the beginning of September, they had to go to the fourth item in my queue before finding something they actually had in stock; fwiw, the two Lynyrd Sknyrd concert Cds and the new Susan Tedeschi were "temporarily" unavailable. I also asked to be emailed when certain new items were in stock, they're in stock and I never got the emails.

Maybe it's just some glitches in the system but they seem worrisome to me.
Old 09-29-09, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by jimsumner
Am I the only one getting bad vibes about yourmusic? At the beginning of September, they had to go to the fourth item in my queue before finding something they actually had in stock; fwiw, the two Lynyrd Sknyrd concert Cds and the new Susan Tedeschi were "temporarily" unavailable. I also asked to be emailed when certain new items were in stock, they're in stock and I never got the emails.

Maybe it's just some glitches in the system but they seem worrisome to me.
Well I finally decided to place my very first Your Music order today for a couple of Christmas CDs, And I don't see anything about getting a Free CD like they said I would when I joined after BMG closed. Did I miss the boat on that offer? I stopped before they wanted my credit card since I didn't see the Free CD on my total. Did all of you get your Free CD when you first ordered? Thanks
Old 09-29-09, 01:13 PM

Just read the old posts. I have to wait 2 days for the Free CD to show up on my account. Anyway Your Music is still a great deal to send gifts since the shipping is Free.
Old 09-29-09, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So if I go to the Columbia House website and sign up for YM, I will automatically get the free selection offer?... or do I have to sign up via a special link?
Old 09-30-09, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The blank page issue finally seems to have been resolved. Wonder if they read this thread?
Old 10-01-09, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I spoke to soon on the blank page issue; weird that the problem is gone one day & then comes back.........
Old 10-01-09, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
So if I go to the Columbia House website and sign up for YM, I will automatically get the free selection offer?... or do I have to sign up via a special link?
nanyone?...nanyone?...
Old 10-02-09, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you order by October 4, you'll get 10% OFF all CDs! All you have to do to get 10% off each CD is add your selections to your shopping cart, then type the code TENPEROFF into the "Enter Promotion Code:" box, click the "update" button, then proceed to checkout. Don't delay—this is available only through Oct. 4.
Old 10-02-09, 07:44 PM

Also if you buy any 2 selections by 10/31/09 you get a Free CD. Multi-CDs only count as one selection.
Old 10-02-09, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Grock
Also if you buy any 2 selections by 10/31/09 you get a Free CD. Multi-CDs only count as one selection.
Free CD must be redeemed in November or later.
Old 10-03-09, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I ASSUME the Bowie's going to be Storytellers. YM often isn't the best deal on multiple sets, but so far I haven't seen Storytellers for less then $14 delivered, so may pick it up.
I purchased my copy of David Bowie - VH1 Storytellers Live (Audio CD - 2009) [BONUS DVD] for $9.99 with FREE SHIPPING at www.discoramaoverstock.com.
Old 10-03-09, 06:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MusicLover7
I purchased my copy of David Bowie - VH1 Storytellers Live (Audio CD - 2009) [BONUS DVD] for $9.99 with FREE SHIPPING at www.discoramaoverstock.com.
I used to always shop in their 4th St. NYC main and annex stores. Haven't been there since they moved to 8th street. Some great prices, but be prepared because most of the items are either stickered promo or slashed/hole-punch barcodes. If You're OK with that then You'll like them. What are the shipping rates on their site?
Old 10-03-09, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mickactual
What are the shipping rates on their site?
I just placed 2 orders today and it was free shipping on both orders.
Old 10-04-09, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MusicLover7
Haven't heard of them. Are they any good & originals? There's several I would order from them.
Old 10-04-09, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't find any such offer. Got a code?
Old 10-04-09, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Haven't heard of them. Are they any good & originals? There's several I would order from them.
The www.discoramaoverstock.com website was recommended to me by a friend who claims the products from their website are factory originals and imports. I have purchased CDs from the same company in the past from Amazon (at higher prices plus shipping) and all of their CDs were the factory originals and/or imports.

As soon as I receive my first order from their website I will post a short review.
Old 10-04-09, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered the Bowie. Some pretty great prices.
Old 10-05-09, 12:40 PM

I didn't see a code for the Buy 2 get one Free. Maybe Doctor X would know better. I assume it is just a standard offer to everyone and their system will detect it?
Old 10-05-09, 03:47 PM

I didn't see a code for the Buy 2 get one Free. Maybe Doctor X would know better. I assume it is just a standard offer to everyone and their system will detect it?
I'm way out of the loop on codes for YM. I am registered on an email account that I almost never check because my main email is already in their system. I signed up with my "secondary" BMG name so I could get an account without having a queue. I have not ordered anything with this account yet.

The codes I have seen listed are not following a pattern like the old BMG ones did
Old 10-06-09, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Doctor X

The codes I have seen listed are not following a pattern like the old BMG ones did
Unlike BMG, maybe Yourmusic is running a tight ship as far as codes are concerned.
Old 10-06-09, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I didn't get an email offer and see nothing on the site...
Just unlucky I guess.
Old 10-06-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The last email offer I got was the temp markdown to $5.99 a few weeks back. I also did not get emails on items I signed up to be emailed about when they came in. Don't know if my isps (I have 2 separate YM accounts under 2 separate email addresses from 2 different email providers) are blocking them as spam, or........

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.