Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Old 04-10-12, 10:54 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by KurtK26
Quick question- now that John Carter is out of first-run theaters, does anyone know if I can use my free movie ticket on another film? There is something that says it expires April 15 or when it leaves theaters (whichever is first), but I willing to try, since I just got the ticket.
Usually, those free tickets are just one-time use credit cards. If you buy your ticket online, you can use it for any film.
Old 04-10-12, 04:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

63DH3919HKF 5 points
Old 04-13-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
Usually, those free tickets are just one-time use credit cards. If you buy your ticket online, you can use it for any film.
Never have done this, but thought I'd give it a try. Attempted to purchase a ticket at multiple theaters, but couldn't get it to go through. You're correct in that the movie ticket is a 16 digit #, complete with expiration and even a 3 digit security code should one be needed.

Anyone else try and have any luck? I'm kicking myself because I had gotten Remember the Titans on BD some time back from Disney Rewards. Earlier in the week, I wasn't sure if I had ever entered the code from that film. Apparently I hadn't, but it left me with a ticket and very little time to use it. I think John Carter left all the theaters around me yesterday.
Old 04-13-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Never have done this, but thought I'd give it a try. Attempted to purchase a ticket at multiple theaters, but couldn't get it to go through. You're correct in that the movie ticket is a 16 digit #, complete with expiration and even a 3 digit security code should one be needed.

Anyone else try and have any luck? I'm kicking myself because I had gotten Remember the Titans on BD some time back from Disney Rewards. Earlier in the week, I wasn't sure if I had ever entered the code from that film. Apparently I hadn't, but it left me with a ticket and very little time to use it. I think John Carter left all the theaters around me yesterday.
Was the movie ticket you were trying to buy more or less than the value of the voucher? If if was more, I don't think you can do it online, because it's like a pre-paid card that is only good for that amount. If you try to charge more to it, it will get rejected, and you can't do a partial pay online.

EDIT: Also, did you have to select the type of card you were using? I think these things usually ring as Discover cards
Old 04-13-12, 10:24 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Tried it AT theaters? I don't imagine that working. I'd only try it online, I've always used Fandango.

And as Obi-Wan Jabroni said, make sure you try it for the same amount or less, and choose the correct variables.
Old 04-13-12, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

The "Donald In Mathmagic Land" And "The Reluctant Dragon" 2-DVD Set is available again but not the D+Ducktails set!

Should I just give up?
Old 04-13-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
EDIT: Also, did you have to select the type of card you were using? I think these things usually ring as Discover cards
Didn't have to specify the type of card. Options were credit card or paypal.

Originally Posted by Trevor
Tried it AT theaters? I don't imagine that working. I'd only try it online, I've always used Fandango.

And as Obi-Wan Jabroni said, make sure you try it for the same amount or less, and choose the correct variables.
Should have been more specific -- yep, tried it online for a couple of different theaters. And I know fandango was one of the sites a theater directed me to. I'm pretty sure I entered all the info correctly, and the amount was much less (considering I was trying to use it for a matinee showing today). May give it a try again later.
Old 04-14-12, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the past I used them to buy tickets on Fandango (as long as the voucher has enough to buy the ticket & the $1.25 fandango fee). If it's a $10 ticket you can usually get a matinee (Or childs or senior ticket). I did it enough times with e movie cash that they got nasty with me. Nothing ever happened but I don't do it any more & never really did it with Hollywood Movie Money tix. You can tell which card it is by the first digit (6 is Discover, 5 Visa, 4 MasterCard).
Old 04-14-12, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
In the past I used them to buy tickets on Fandango (as long as the voucher has enough to buy the ticket & the $1.25 fandango fee). If it's a $10 ticket you can usually get a matinee (Or childs or senior ticket). I did it enough times with e movie cash that they got nasty with me. Nothing ever happened but I don't do it any more & never really did it with Hollywood Movie Money tix. You can tell which card it is by the first digit (6 is Discover, 5 Visa, 4 MasterCard).
I tried again today with no success. It's a Hollywood Movie certificate--tried on Fandango' site. The # starts with a 4, but as I mentioned earlier, there's no choice given to try a specific type of credit card. The certificate is for $12, so that's been enough to cover every choice I've made. Thought about e-mailing/calling to see if someone can help get it to go through, but I figured I'd be pushing my luck since I'm using the John Carter ticket to see something else, since JC left every theater around me last week.
Old 04-16-12, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

You should make sure the billing address on your Fandango account has the same zip code as the zip code specified on the Hollywood Movie Money voucher.
Old 04-17-12, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried again today with no success. It's a Hollywood Movie certificate--tried on Fandango' site. The # starts with a 4, but as I mentioned earlier, there's no choice given to try a specific type of credit card. The certificate is for $12, so that's been enough to cover every choice I've made. Thought about e-mailing/calling to see if someone can help get it to go through, but I figured I'd be pushing my luck since I'm using the John Carter ticket to see something else, since JC left every theater around me last week.
I just used a Wrath of the Titans Hollywood Movie Money card on Fandango two days ago, so it definitely works. Mine was only a $8 voucher. I bet the previous suggestion is your problem, you aren't using the billing zip code from the voucher. I'm an AMC Stubs member, so don't have to pay the Fandango fee.
Old 04-17-12, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtK26
Quick question- now that John Carter is out of first-run theaters, does anyone know if I can use my free movie ticket on another film? There is something that says it expires April 15 or when it leaves theaters (whichever is first), but I willing to try, since I just got the ticket.
I went during the day to an out-of-the-way theater, and they let me use it for American Reunion. The manager didn't really care, but I assured him I'd buy food, too.
Old 04-17-12, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Todd B.
You should make sure the billing address on your Fandango account has the same zip code as the zip code specified on the Hollywood Movie Money voucher.
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I just used a Wrath of the Titans Hollywood Movie Money card on Fandango two days ago, so it definitely works. Mine was only a $8 voucher. I bet the previous suggestion is your problem, you aren't using the billing zip code from the voucher. I'm an AMC Stubs member, so don't have to pay the Fandango fee.
I used the zip code on the certificate. I did not create a Fandango account, so perhaps that's what the hang-up was, though the error message just kept indicating my "credit card" couldn't be processed.

I certainly appreciate everyone's suggestions.
Old 04-17-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan26
63DH3919HKF 5 points
Thanks!
Old 04-18-12, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Sorry if this has been mentioned but DMR is giving 250 points for The Princess Diaries 1 + 2 on Blu-Ray (only through 4/24/12).

Target will have it for $14.99 next week (in the 4/22-4/28 Ad)
Old 04-18-12, 02:37 AM

Like I posted in the Target ad thread, I got 500 points for entering the PD code. 250 for the movie and 250 for the double points promo. I thought I'd get 250 like the DMR page said, but two different additions showed up on my points page.
Old 04-18-12, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

If people are interested in cheap points, I found (and please don't laugh cause I did buy it for the points) Hannah Montana Goodbye? in Wal Marts $5.00 bin. I figure for that price, I can use the points, and regift the DVD to someone else without too much effort.
Old 04-18-12, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike UFC
Like I posted in the Target ad thread, I got 500 points for entering the PD code. 250 for the movie and 250 for the double points promo. I thought I'd get 250 like the DMR page said, but two different additions showed up on my points page.
Ohhh, I thought it would be only 250 points as well, since that is how it is advertised. For 500 points, I gotta do it. I'll pick it up tonight, and get a PM on Sunday when the price goes down.
Old 04-18-12, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LJG765
If people are interested in cheap points, I found (and please don't laugh cause I did buy it for the points) Hannah Montana Goodbye? in Wal Marts $5.00 bin. I figure for that price, I can use the points, and regift the DVD to someone else without too much effort.
If you want to go cheaper, there's been some High School Musical DVDs at Big Lots for $3.
Old 04-18-12, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

If you want to go cheaper, there's been some High School Musical DVDs at Big Lots for $3.
Unfortunately, I've never come across any Disney at my Big Lots, and I've looked. I either don't get there quick enough or they don't get to mine.
Old 04-22-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PM me with trade or purchase offer. I have 2 sets of 4 Chimpanzee stubs worth double points this week (400 instead of 200). I can use some codes & can always use $. I can have them in tomorrow's mail so they get to you by around Thursday (plenty of time for the promotion).
Old 04-22-12, 10:09 PM

More cheap points: Miracle on Blu is $4.99 at Best Buy using their "Upgrade & Save $5" promotion.
Old 04-22-12, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone got any thoughts on the Disney Princess Collector's 4-Lithograph Set that is up for 975 points? Are things like that ever worth picking up?
Old 04-23-12, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

10 points for entering "lumiere" - expires 4/25.
Old 04-23-12, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

10 points for entering "lumiere" - expires 4/25.
10 more for entering "Cogsworth"

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.