Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Old 03-10-12, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinasaur Blu-ray
Old 03-10-12, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b2net
The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinasaur Blu-ray
It's nice to have multiple accounts. I have Terbithia on dvd (& hate it), have Bug's Life blu ray combo pack, have Tinker Bell ordered & just ordered Dinosaur with a different account. Now I have to sell or give to a relative my Dinosaur dvd set.

Just read the dvdtalk review for Dinosaur & it looks like I'll be keeping the dvd as the blu ray loses almost all of the features on the 2 disc dvd.

Last edited by Mr.Briggs; 03-10-12 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-10-12, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray no longer available.. replaced by Dinosaur Blu-ray
I stand corrected... the $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray (in DVD case) is still available... the ad now shows Dinosaur in it's place.. but you can still pick it when you enter your codes... but the extra 125 points bonus is actually gone.. I just entered mine to get the John Carpenter ticks and the $3.95 Blu offer.. got the blu but not the extra 125
Old 03-10-12, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody want to guess on when we'll get a Muppets coupon? Hopefully by the end of next week. I'd like to figure out where I'm purchasing it. Really looking forward to it's release!
Old 03-10-12, 08:07 PM

I stand corrected... the $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray (in DVD case) is still available... the ad now shows Dinosaur in it's place.. but you can still pick it when you enter your codes... but the extra 125 points bonus is actually gone.. I just entered mine to get the John Carpenter ticks and the $3.95 Blu offer.. got the blu but not the extra 125
I assumed the bonus 125 points are just inside the case like a normal blu-ray release? I ordered Bug's Life earlier in the month and didn't get an automatic 125 to my account, so I assume that is the reason why.
Old 03-11-12, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
Someone else said that the 125 points is from the code that comes with your free blu-ray.
Originally Posted by N8 Storm
I assumed the bonus 125 points are just inside the case like a normal blu-ray release? I ordered Bug's Life earlier in the month and didn't get an automatic 125 to my account, so I assume that is the reason why.
Good point... hadn't thought about it that way... maybe they had it on the ad... and too many people thought like I did ... the 125 came after entering the 2 codes.. instead of after receiving and entering the code from the bonus blu-ray...

Did anyone get a bonus 125 after entering 2 codes... or when ordering the bonus blu-ray?
Old 03-11-12, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I stand corrected... the $3.95 "freebie" Bug's Life Blu-ray (in DVD case) is still available... the ad now shows Dinosaur in it's place.. but you can still pick it when you enter your codes...
Not sure what you mean by "you can still pick it when you enter your codes" since you don't pick the movie when you enter your codes. You pick the movie when you click to redeem your freebie. And Bug's Life is no longer an option. It has indeed been replaced by Dinosaur. I even tried selecting it to see what it shows on the next screen, and it is still Dinosaur. A Bug's Life is gone...
Old 03-11-12, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good point... hadn't thought about it that way... maybe they had it on the ad... and too many people thought like I did ... the 125 came after entering the 2 codes.. instead of after receiving and entering the code from the bonus blu-ray...

Did anyone get a bonus 125 after entering 2 codes... or when ordering the bonus blu-ray?
They are still advertising it, but I bet they've had many calls or emails about it since their customer service has been slower than usual lately (took a full week for me to get credit for movie ticket stubs). But I agree with the previous poster, the 125 points is what comes in your free BD, not a separate credit.
Old 03-11-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a thought, but after seeing A Bug's Life get replaced, I would think that Tinkerbell will be the next to sell out. So if anyone wants it, I'd order it soon. Could be replaced by something better, or something worse...
Old 03-11-12, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Just a thought, but after seeing A Bug's Life get replaced, I would think that Tinkerbell will be the next to sell out. So if anyone wants it, I'd order it soon. Could be replaced by something better, or something worse...
A Bug's Life was the only one that said "quantities limited" on the graphic. They were probably just clearing out their remaining stock of the DMC exclusive DVD case version. I doubt that they care how many of the other titles they give away.
Old 03-12-12, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not sure what you mean by "you can still pick it when you enter your codes" since you don't pick the movie when you enter your codes. You pick the movie when you click to redeem your freebie. And Bug's Life is no longer an option. It has indeed been replaced by Dinosaur. I even tried selecting it to see what it shows on the next screen, and it is still Dinosaur. A Bug's Life is gone...
It was still an option when I picked my freebie. There were 4 choices.
Old 03-12-12, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was still an option when I picked my freebie. There were 4 choices.
Ah, OK. I'm amazed they actually had people working on Sunday...
Old 03-12-12, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
A Bug's Life was the only one that said "quantities limited" on the graphic. They were probably just clearing out their remaining stock of the DMC exclusive DVD case version. I doubt that they care how many of the other titles they give away.
Well, I'm not sure if the Limited Quantities graphic only applied to Bug's Life, or ALL of them. Yes, the bubble was right on top of Bug's Life, but it may have just been coincidental. The Limited Quantities bubble was centered on the titles, so it could very well apply to all titles. I'm assuming you are correct, and it only applied to A Bug's Life. But I'm kinda hoping it applies to all titles. I guess we'll find out, if anything else gets replaced.
Old 03-12-12, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

I'm with you, kenbenobi. I assumed when this deal was announced that quantities were limited for each of the titles.
Old 03-12-12, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Well, I'm not sure if the Limited Quantities graphic only applied to Bug's Life, or ALL of them. Yes, the bubble was right on top of Bug's Life, but it may have just been coincidental. The Limited Quantities bubble was centered on the titles, so it could very well apply to all titles. I'm assuming you are correct, and it only applied to A Bug's Life. But I'm kinda hoping it applies to all titles. I guess we'll find out, if anything else gets replaced.
If you hovered over the graphic, the description that came up said that you can order "A Bug's Life (Quantities Limited), Tinker Bell, or Bridge to Terabithia"

When it's written like that, it's pretty clear that it only applies to A Bug's Life.
Old 03-12-12, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Confirmed. We did not get the 50 bonus points with the codes my wife entered.
Anyone know if the bonus points is working now?
Old 03-12-12, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The limited quantities bubble went away on the new image (as did the 125 bonus points listed in the corner).

I have both images here if you want to see them. Original image is marked with spoiler below the current.
Old 03-12-12, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Anyone know if the bonus points is working now?
Yes, worked for me today. And it gave me just enough points to order the Lights, Camera, Action Pin.
Old 03-14-12, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I finally received the Cars sign that I ordered back in December.
Old 03-14-12, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got around 1600 points, not really sure what to get.
Old 03-14-12, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Quack
I've got around 1600 points, not really sure what to get.
I'm up to 4,700 and there's nothing I want. Of course the autographed Princess & the Frog poster kinda spoiled the rest of the rewards for me.
Old 03-14-12, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How many points was the Princess & the Frog poster anyway?

EDIT:

Just checked, 3,500 points. Good lord.

I think I may just hold on to all of my points and hope they do something that awesome again.
Old 03-14-12, 10:48 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They recently briefly had a poster of The Secret World of Arrietty signed by actress who voiced the character in the movie. It sold out in hours.
Old 03-14-12, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
How many points was the Princess & the Frog poster anyway?

EDIT:

Just checked, 3,500 points. Good lord.

I think I may just hold on to all of my points and hope they do something that awesome again.
I bet they never do something that awesome again. I was one of the lucky ones who got one (on the LAST day). Spent a fortune on a really pro frame & matte but it was worth it. A dozen autographs of the Disney's hall of fame of director's, producer & animator. If they put it out again today I bet they'd charge 10-15,000 points.
Old 03-15-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
If you hovered over the graphic, the description that came up said that you can order "A Bug's Life (Quantities Limited), Tinker Bell, or Bridge to Terabithia"

When it's written like that, it's pretty clear that it only applies to A Bug's Life.
Ah, I never hovered on it, so didn't know that. That definitely confirms it. And of course the new image doesn't say Limited Quantities, so I guess nothing else is limited (unfortunately).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.