Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Old 04-10-12, 10:54 AM
  #1651  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by KurtK26
Quick question- now that John Carter is out of first-run theaters, does anyone know if I can use my free movie ticket on another film? There is something that says it expires April 15 or when it leaves theaters (whichever is first), but I willing to try, since I just got the ticket.
Usually, those free tickets are just one-time use credit cards. If you buy your ticket online, you can use it for any film.
Trevor is offline  
Old 04-10-12, 04:02 PM
  #1652  
Senior Member
 
Texan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 958
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

63DH3919HKF 5 points
Texan26 is offline  
Old 04-13-12, 09:09 AM
  #1653  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,519
Likes: 0
Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Trevor
Usually, those free tickets are just one-time use credit cards. If you buy your ticket online, you can use it for any film.
Never have done this, but thought I'd give it a try. Attempted to purchase a ticket at multiple theaters, but couldn't get it to go through. You're correct in that the movie ticket is a 16 digit #, complete with expiration and even a 3 digit security code should one be needed.

Anyone else try and have any luck? I'm kicking myself because I had gotten Remember the Titans on BD some time back from Disney Rewards. Earlier in the week, I wasn't sure if I had ever entered the code from that film. Apparently I hadn't, but it left me with a ticket and very little time to use it. I think John Carter left all the theaters around me yesterday.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 04-13-12, 09:22 AM
  #1654  
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner
 
Obi-Wanma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,561
Received 796 Likes on 384 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Never have done this, but thought I'd give it a try. Attempted to purchase a ticket at multiple theaters, but couldn't get it to go through. You're correct in that the movie ticket is a 16 digit #, complete with expiration and even a 3 digit security code should one be needed.

Anyone else try and have any luck? I'm kicking myself because I had gotten Remember the Titans on BD some time back from Disney Rewards. Earlier in the week, I wasn't sure if I had ever entered the code from that film. Apparently I hadn't, but it left me with a ticket and very little time to use it. I think John Carter left all the theaters around me yesterday.
Was the movie ticket you were trying to buy more or less than the value of the voucher? If if was more, I don't think you can do it online, because it's like a pre-paid card that is only good for that amount. If you try to charge more to it, it will get rejected, and you can't do a partial pay online.

EDIT: Also, did you have to select the type of card you were using? I think these things usually ring as Discover cards
Obi-Wanma is offline  
Old 04-13-12, 10:24 AM
  #1655  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Never have done this, but thought I'd give it a try. Attempted to purchase a ticket at multiple theaters, but couldn't get it to go through. You're correct in that the movie ticket is a 16 digit #, complete with expiration and even a 3 digit security code should one be needed.
Tried it AT theaters? I don't imagine that working. I'd only try it online, I've always used Fandango.

And as Obi-Wan Jabroni said, make sure you try it for the same amount or less, and choose the correct variables.
Trevor is offline  
Old 04-13-12, 04:32 PM
  #1656  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,750
Received 330 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

The "Donald In Mathmagic Land" And "The Reluctant Dragon" 2-DVD Set is available again but not the D+Ducktails set!

Should I just give up?
SterlingBen is offline  
Old 04-13-12, 04:59 PM
  #1657  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,519
Likes: 0
Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
EDIT: Also, did you have to select the type of card you were using? I think these things usually ring as Discover cards
Didn't have to specify the type of card. Options were credit card or paypal.

Originally Posted by Trevor
Tried it AT theaters? I don't imagine that working. I'd only try it online, I've always used Fandango.

And as Obi-Wan Jabroni said, make sure you try it for the same amount or less, and choose the correct variables.
Should have been more specific -- yep, tried it online for a couple of different theaters. And I know fandango was one of the sites a theater directed me to. I'm pretty sure I entered all the info correctly, and the amount was much less (considering I was trying to use it for a matinee showing today). May give it a try again later.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 04-14-12, 10:33 PM
  #1658  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Posts: 1,819
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

In the past I used them to buy tickets on Fandango (as long as the voucher has enough to buy the ticket & the $1.25 fandango fee). If it's a $10 ticket you can usually get a matinee (Or childs or senior ticket). I did it enough times with e movie cash that they got nasty with me. Nothing ever happened but I don't do it any more & never really did it with Hollywood Movie Money tix. You can tell which card it is by the first digit (6 is Discover, 5 Visa, 4 MasterCard).
Mr.Briggs is offline  
Old 04-14-12, 10:45 PM
  #1659  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,519
Likes: 0
Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
In the past I used them to buy tickets on Fandango (as long as the voucher has enough to buy the ticket & the $1.25 fandango fee). If it's a $10 ticket you can usually get a matinee (Or childs or senior ticket). I did it enough times with e movie cash that they got nasty with me. Nothing ever happened but I don't do it any more & never really did it with Hollywood Movie Money tix. You can tell which card it is by the first digit (6 is Discover, 5 Visa, 4 MasterCard).
I tried again today with no success. It's a Hollywood Movie certificate--tried on Fandango' site. The # starts with a 4, but as I mentioned earlier, there's no choice given to try a specific type of credit card. The certificate is for $12, so that's been enough to cover every choice I've made. Thought about e-mailing/calling to see if someone can help get it to go through, but I figured I'd be pushing my luck since I'm using the John Carter ticket to see something else, since JC left every theater around me last week.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 04-16-12, 09:38 PM
  #1660  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 8,149
Received 457 Likes on 315 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

You should make sure the billing address on your Fandango account has the same zip code as the zip code specified on the Hollywood Movie Money voucher.
TheBang is offline  
Old 04-17-12, 10:15 AM
  #1661  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
I tried again today with no success. It's a Hollywood Movie certificate--tried on Fandango' site. The # starts with a 4, but as I mentioned earlier, there's no choice given to try a specific type of credit card. The certificate is for $12, so that's been enough to cover every choice I've made. Thought about e-mailing/calling to see if someone can help get it to go through, but I figured I'd be pushing my luck since I'm using the John Carter ticket to see something else, since JC left every theater around me last week.
I just used a Wrath of the Titans Hollywood Movie Money card on Fandango two days ago, so it definitely works. Mine was only a $8 voucher. I bet the previous suggestion is your problem, you aren't using the billing zip code from the voucher. I'm an AMC Stubs member, so don't have to pay the Fandango fee.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 04-17-12, 10:53 AM
  #1662  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by KurtK26
Quick question- now that John Carter is out of first-run theaters, does anyone know if I can use my free movie ticket on another film? There is something that says it expires April 15 or when it leaves theaters (whichever is first), but I willing to try, since I just got the ticket.
I went during the day to an out-of-the-way theater, and they let me use it for American Reunion. The manager didn't really care, but I assured him I'd buy food, too.
KurtK26 is offline  
Old 04-17-12, 11:50 AM
  #1663  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,519
Likes: 0
Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Todd B.
You should make sure the billing address on your Fandango account has the same zip code as the zip code specified on the Hollywood Movie Money voucher.
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I just used a Wrath of the Titans Hollywood Movie Money card on Fandango two days ago, so it definitely works. Mine was only a $8 voucher. I bet the previous suggestion is your problem, you aren't using the billing zip code from the voucher. I'm an AMC Stubs member, so don't have to pay the Fandango fee.
I used the zip code on the certificate. I did not create a Fandango account, so perhaps that's what the hang-up was, though the error message just kept indicating my "credit card" couldn't be processed.

I certainly appreciate everyone's suggestions.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 04-17-12, 12:12 PM
  #1664  
DVD Talk Legend
 
islandclaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain
Posts: 20,084
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Texan26
63DH3919HKF 5 points
Thanks!
islandclaws is offline  
Old 04-18-12, 01:49 AM
  #1665  
DVD Talk Legend
 
asianxcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: California
Posts: 20,258
Received 372 Likes on 309 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Sorry if this has been mentioned but DMR is giving 250 points for The Princess Diaries 1 + 2 on Blu-Ray (only through 4/24/12).

Target will have it for $14.99 next week (in the 4/22-4/28 Ad)
asianxcore is offline  
Old 04-18-12, 02:37 AM
  #1666  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cahuenga Building, Sixth Floor
Posts: 583
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Like I posted in the Target ad thread, I got 500 points for entering the PD code. 250 for the movie and 250 for the double points promo. I thought I'd get 250 like the DMR page said, but two different additions showed up on my points page.
Mike UFC is offline  
Old 04-18-12, 02:58 PM
  #1667  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
LJG765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,939
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

If people are interested in cheap points, I found (and please don't laugh cause I did buy it for the points) Hannah Montana Goodbye? in Wal Marts $5.00 bin. I figure for that price, I can use the points, and regift the DVD to someone else without too much effort.
LJG765 is offline  
Old 04-18-12, 04:38 PM
  #1668  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Mike UFC
Like I posted in the Target ad thread, I got 500 points for entering the PD code. 250 for the movie and 250 for the double points promo. I thought I'd get 250 like the DMR page said, but two different additions showed up on my points page.
Ohhh, I thought it would be only 250 points as well, since that is how it is advertised. For 500 points, I gotta do it. I'll pick it up tonight, and get a PM on Sunday when the price goes down.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 04-18-12, 10:44 PM
  #1669  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,519
Likes: 0
Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by LJG765
If people are interested in cheap points, I found (and please don't laugh cause I did buy it for the points) Hannah Montana Goodbye? in Wal Marts $5.00 bin. I figure for that price, I can use the points, and regift the DVD to someone else without too much effort.
If you want to go cheaper, there's been some High School Musical DVDs at Big Lots for $3.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 04-18-12, 11:27 PM
  #1670  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
LJG765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,939
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
If you want to go cheaper, there's been some High School Musical DVDs at Big Lots for $3.
Unfortunately, I've never come across any Disney at my Big Lots, and I've looked. I either don't get there quick enough or they don't get to mine.
LJG765 is offline  
Old 04-22-12, 09:21 PM
  #1671  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Posts: 1,819
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

PM me with trade or purchase offer. I have 2 sets of 4 Chimpanzee stubs worth double points this week (400 instead of 200). I can use some codes & can always use $. I can have them in tomorrow's mail so they get to you by around Thursday (plenty of time for the promotion).
Mr.Briggs is offline  
Old 04-22-12, 10:09 PM
  #1672  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

More cheap points: Miracle on Blu is $4.99 at Best Buy using their "Upgrade & Save $5" promotion.
Bobaray is offline  
Old 04-22-12, 10:54 PM
  #1673  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Anyone got any thoughts on the Disney Princess Collector's 4-Lithograph Set that is up for 975 points? Are things like that ever worth picking up?
Brent L is offline  
Old 04-23-12, 11:47 AM
  #1674  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,519
Likes: 0
Received 385 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

10 points for entering "lumiere" - expires 4/25.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 04-23-12, 12:43 PM
  #1675  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N. Carolina
Posts: 2,094
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
10 points for entering "lumiere" - expires 4/25.
10 more for entering "Cogsworth"
darkdaze73 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.