Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-12, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Got the Lights, Camera, Action Pin today & it is WELL worth the 1900 points. Very sturdy heavy metal. Nice as the Donald Duck & Nightmare Be4 Xmas pin sets.
Old 03-29-12, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamcampb
Fake how? The rewards site links to disneygiftcard-dot-com (can't post links) for more info, so I'm assuming they're just plain old gift cards.

Anyway, mine have shipped, so will know soon enough.
NM, I see what you're talking about.

I was talking about this one here, which is just a code.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...eystore-5-6494

Last time they offered a GC it was 750 points for a $20 card though, so I think I'm going to hold off this time. I have around 3k points, but I'm just going to save them and hopefully something worthwhile comes along.
Old 03-30-12, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

STILL waiting for my free Dinosaur blu ray. It shipped March 15th. But the Tinker Bell one took about 12 business days (16 total) too so hopefully it'll show up tomorrow or Monday.
Old 03-31-12, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I just received my free Dinosaur blu ray. Arrived in about a week. Was able to get the bonus 50 points with this promo code. I forgot I had put that in until I put this one in so happy surprise with that!
Old 03-31-12, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think today is the last day to enter a DVD/BD code to get the 50 bonus points (from the previously mentioned code)
Old 03-31-12, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LJG765
I just received my free Dinosaur blu ray. Arrived in about a week.
16 days & counting for me with no Dinosaur blu ray. It's taking even longer than it took for Tinker Bell.
Old 04-01-12, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
16 days & counting for me with no Dinosaur blu ray. It's taking even longer than it took for Tinker Bell.
It took about 6 weeks for my Stitch figurine. That was the longest it's ever taken for something from them. Usually things arrive in about a week for me, though I do live in the same state as one of Disney's distribution centers.

I ordered mine on the 20th. I hope yours didn't get lost in the mail...
Old 04-01-12, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has anyone ordered the Pirates of the Caribbean Pocket Watch in the treasure chest? Is it as nice as it looks? I'm debating between that and the Nightmare Before Christmas pins. Are the pins in a cardboard case or is it made of something else?

I kind of collect the pins and these are neat ones, but love the treasure chest and it would look nice on one of my displays. I'd like to get both, but not sure how long it would take to get enough points for both as I've slowed down my purchases.

Thanks!
Old 04-01-12, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Nightmare Pin set is great with the exception of the coffin shaped box which is made of cardboard. Mine arrived in perfect condition so I'm happy with it but I've read of people who got them with the case damaged. Never ordered any of the various watches over the years from DMR but have always read about the poor quality of them IF you plan on using as an actual timepiece. It probably LOOKS great but may not be the best quality of a watch. Personally if you're already into the pins I'd get the Pin set. I wish it had a sturdy mahogany box like the Donald Duck one but it still is a great pin set (as is the Lights, Camera, Action one).
Old 04-02-12, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the feedback. If it was in a wooden box, I'd get the pins in a heartbeat. It being cardboard makes it hard for me to get it. Why put a collectible in a cardboard box when it's already that detailed? Urgh. I love things that can be displayed!

Good to know about watch quality. It surprises me as I've had Disney watches over the years and they've been good quality, but maybe because it's for their rewards program they don't put as much of an effort into the product.
Old 04-02-12, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Sitting on all these points got me thinking, I'd cash in for a D23 subscription if it was offered. I've bought the last couple at the bookstore, but free would be awesome.
Old 04-02-12, 12:41 PM

5 new codes, 10 points each (enter them before they expire 4/5):

1. baskets
2. bunny
3. blooms
4. bouquets
5. hopped
Old 04-02-12, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Thanks. Took a few attempts to get 'em all entered. Received a message that they were experiencing a high level of code entering. Don't think I'd seen that before.
Old 04-02-12, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
5 new codes, 10 points each (enter them before they expire 4/5):

1. baskets
2. bunny
3. blooms
4. bouquets
5. hopped
Thanks for the codes!

It looks like that added Muppets Vinylmation to the rewards for 575 pts.
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...ets-vinyl-6493
Old 04-02-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Called DMR after another no show for the Dinosaur blu ray. Operator said that when she traced it it showed a delivery on March 26th. I told her NO way, we have a locked box at this apt complex. It's been 18 days. She was nice & is reshipping it (media mail again). So once I get the shipping notice another 2-3 weeks. At least she did believe me & I was telling the truth. First reward I didn't get.
Old 04-02-12, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I came to post the codes but someone got here ahead of me! I can always count on this forum to post them!

@Mr. Briggs: Disney has one of the best customer service lines I've ever experienced. I've never had any problems getting anything reshipped or taken care of for me. I am a member of their movie club as well and for some reason (I suspect they have issues at their distribution plant), I almost never get a correct shipment from them. Any other company and I'd have dropped them long ago, but customer service has kept me on as a customer for years. Without fail, if I order more than one DVD, something is usually missing and they've never accused me of stealing or not telling the truth. They just ship it out. Once I got a duplicate shipment and when I let them know, they just let me keep it all--about $100 dollars worth of stuff--and I had offered to ship it back to them. Awesome customer service.
Old 04-02-12, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by macontosh2000
Thanks for the codes!

It looks like that added Muppets Vinylmation to the rewards for 575 pts.
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...ets-vinyl-6493
I already own the complete set so far (series 1 and 2). 575 points isn't too bad. But because they are blind-boxed, it is too difficult to complete a set. So I probably wouldn't recommend this for anyone wanting a complete set.

Thanks for the codes, CalebAndCo! I saw the email, and before searching for the answers I checked here first. Glad I did!
Old 04-02-12, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LJG765
@Mr. Briggs: Disney has one of the best customer service lines I've ever experienced.
I can't speak of the Disney movie club, but DMR customer service has been pretty terrible for me. They rarely resolve my problem the first time, and I have to contact them multiple times for the same issue. Recently I had a problem, which they said they would resolve. But then they didn't do anything! Sounds like you've had better luck than me... Amazon.com wins the prize for best customer service, IMO.
Old 04-03-12, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

thanks for the codes.
Old 04-03-12, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Amazon.com wins the prize for best customer service, IMO.
LoL! I've had horrible Amazon.com service! I actually stopped buying from them for a long time because of it but ended up using them again and so far so good.

I admit I haven't called for DMR's, but I've called regarding Walt Disney World park, Disney.com shopping and the movie club...trying to think if I've called for anything else, but don't think so. I've never had a problem with any of those services which is why I'm surprised you had problems. I hate getting bad customer service and have actually stopped shopping at places because of it so don't blame you if you feel frustrated!
Old 04-04-12, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ B&N phone CS has got to be the worst... I dread having to call them, since I know I will spend ages on hold, and accomplish nothing.
Old 04-06-12, 11:15 PM

Bunch of new rewards.

I'm interested in the speaker, not sure when I'd use it over my laptops speaker though, or rather if it would sound better than my laptops speaker.

DMR Exclusive Stitch USB Speaker 1000 Points
Art of Animation WDW Resort Three Night Stay 22000 Points
DMR Exclusive Women's Mickey and Pals Sun Hat
Old 04-07-12, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish DMR shipping service was as great as their phone people. I got the new order email immediately of course for the 2nd shipment of Dinosaur blu ray (with no shipping charged this time since I already paid for it). A weak week later they still haven't managed to stuff the damned blu ray in the cardboard, stamp it & ship it to me. Media Mail takes 2-3 weeks ONCE you fucking mail it. So now I'm up to 3-4 weeks from last Monday before I get it after waiting a month for the 1st shipment which never arrived.
Old 04-09-12, 06:51 PM

Quick question- now that John Carter is out of first-run theaters, does anyone know if I can use my free movie ticket on another film? There is something that says it expires April 15 or when it leaves theaters (whichever is first), but I willing to try, since I just got the ticket.
Old 04-09-12, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

That means if it's not playing, you can't use it. It's still playing in theaters in my area though. Just a couple of showings a day, but it's playing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.