Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-14, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

If there are any other bobble-head fans out there, they have added a bunch of Muppets bobble-heads and Thor.

I have the two Iron Man ones and am debating the Thor. It doesn't grab me like those did. Perhaps if I knew whether or not they are going to do the rest of the Avengers ...
Old 03-08-14, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Free movie cash for Muppets Most Wanted.

*Good for one admission at participating theaters (Value $8.00 U.S./ Canada) when you purchase and enter the Magic Code for these eligible titles:

A Muppet's Christmas: Letters To Santa DVD
Muppet Treasure Island: Kermit’s 50th Anniversary Edition DVD
The Great Muppet Caper And Muppet Treasure Island: Of Pirates & Pigs 2 Movie Collection Blu-ray
The Great Muppet Caper: Kermit’s 50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray
The Muppet Christmas Carol Special Edition 2012 Blu-ray Plus Digital Copy
The Muppet Christmas Carol Special Edition Blu-ray
The Muppet Movie: The Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition 2013
The Muppet Movie: The Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition 2013 Blu-ray
The Muppet Show Season One: Special Edition DVD
The Muppet Show Season Two: Special Edition DVD
The Muppet Show: The Complete Third Season DVD
The Muppets Blu-ray
The Muppets Blu-ray Hi Definition 2-Disc
The Muppets Blu-ray with Soundtrack
The Muppets Wizard of Oz DVD

Ticket offer valid while supplies last. Void where prohibited. DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (and D.C.), PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Must enter eligible codes 3/7/14 – 4/13/14 and redeem movie certificate at a participating theater by 4/13/14.
Old 03-08-14, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are a bunch of new posters. 3 different Captain America posters. 2 are 550, and one is 850. There's also a Thor poster than I think is new. I know they've had 2 Thor Dark World posters already. I think this is a 3rd different one... That one is only 500 points, and specifies it is double sided, but it is only 13x19. The Cap posters do not say double sided, but are 27x40.

The Muppet Show season, which came back recently, is now gone again. Probably cuz of the free ticket promo (either it sold out, or they pulled it)
Old 03-09-14, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Missed out on getting the Cinderella pillars.

I raided my account to get the Mickey pillars and was trying to fill a family members account to get the Cinderella one and just missed out on getting it yesterday. I had 2 movies from DMR that I was waiting on to put me in range. I received them yesterday but noticed it was gone when I went to put them in.

Originally Posted by kenbenobi

*Good for one admission at participating theaters (Value $8.00 U.S./ Canada) when you purchase and enter the Magic Code for these eligible titles:

The Great Muppet Caper And Muppet Treasure Island: Of Pirates & Pigs 2 Movie Collection Blu-ray
The Muppets Blu-ray

Ticket offer valid while supplies last. Void where prohibited. DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (and D.C.), PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Must enter eligible codes 3/7/14 – 4/13/14 and redeem movie certificate at a participating theater by 4/13/14.
That was one of the ones I was waiting on to receive. I picked it up as part of the B2G1 promotion on the DMC site. I had a couple of the other Muppets BD's but I put them in before this promotion to build my account towards the Mickey pillars. At least I will get 1 movie ticket out of it.

There are a bunch of new posters. 3 different Captain America posters. 2 are 550, and one is 850. There's also a Thor poster than I think is new. I know they've had 2 Thor Dark World posters already. I think this is a 3rd different one... That one is only 500 points, and specifies it is double sided, but it is only 13x19. The Cap posters do not say double sided, but are 27x40.

The Muppet Show season, which came back recently, is now gone again. Probably cuz of the free ticket promo (either it sold out, or they pulled it)
I picked up the Captain America teaser poster using what points I had left in that account. I liked it better than the "team" poster. I liked the shield teaser, but I did not have enough for that one. Plus I actually like the one of him standing in the back of the plane better.

They're killing me with all these new rewards dropping at one time. I know there are some that complain about them never adding anything of worth(not myself), but I wish they had staggered these out a bit as I would have liked to pick up some of The Muppet stuff.
Old 03-09-14, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

$10 Hollywood Movie Money is available again for 600 points.
Old 03-09-14, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

That little Pinocchio figurine they recently added is not worth getting. The pose looks dumb in person and I can see why they needed to dump it via DMR.
Old 03-09-14, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
$10 Hollywood Movie Money is available again for 600 points.
There is also $5 concession cash for 300 points.
Old 03-10-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

The Muppets Blu-ray

Great time to pick up some of these titles at Amazon. The prices have dropped on several titles listed here, and Amazon appears to have their own movie ticket promo going. So you could purchase a title and pick up 2 movie tickets.
Old 03-10-14, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
If there are any other bobble-head fans out there, they have added a bunch of Muppets bobble-heads and Thor.

I have the two Iron Man ones and am debating the Thor. It doesn't grab me like those did. Perhaps if I knew whether or not they are going to do the rest of the Avengers ...
I want War Machine to go with the other 2. Don't care for the THOR one or any other Avengers.
Old 03-11-14, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
I want War Machine to go with the other 2. Don't care for the THOR one or any other Avengers.
That's what I'm saying! (Although I may have to bite if they offer a Captain America.)
Old 03-13-14, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had this sitting on my front porch today. Luckily it was undamaged considering the box it was shipped in looked as if it had been tossed around a bit. The tape on the top of the shipping box was falling off.

I gotta say it was well worth the points though. It's probably the best piece I have gotten off of the DMR site.
Old 03-14-14, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Missed out on getting the Cinderella pillars.

I raided my account to get the Mickey pillars and was trying to fill a family members account to get the Cinderella one and just missed out on getting it yesterday...
Are there secret ways to get points that I don't know about, or do you just have a LOT of Disney discs..?!
Old 03-15-14, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ntnon
Are there secret ways to get points that I don't know about, or do you just have a LOT of Disney discs..?!
That right there. Plus they do give bonus points here and there, which usually range from 5-25 points that over time adds up. I don't put the codes in as so as I receive them unless there's double points or some other bonus that makes it worth entering on release week. I tend to "sit" on my codes until I feel the need to enter them. Disney does various promos throughout the year(ex. current Enter 3 Get 1 for 3.95). So I save them for that and for when they do put up a reward of interest which is not all that often. I usually do keep enough points in there in case a movie poster pops up since I like to collect those.

I have purchased nearly every Disney/Pixar point carrying title released on BD. Some of those have been double dips due to the multiple releases of some titles on 3D.

I also run an account for a family member who buys Disney movies but has no real interest in entering these codes. I did buy some codes to enter in the family members account in an attempt to pick up the Cinderella pillars, but made the mistake thinking that the reward would be there a little longer and opted to wait for 2 titles that were in transit rather than purchase the 2 codes needed to get that particular reward.
Old 03-15-14, 11:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ntnon
In a post I made on page 50 of this thread, you can try to find the CDs on the list at your local public library and get the points from them. But you might have to wait a while for the CDs you reserved from the library, and some might be so scratched up, the site would not be able to recognize the CDs. Still, a great way to get points.
Old 03-16-14, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Don't they track who redeemed which CD and if so couldn't they take the points away or freeze your account or such?
Old 03-16-14, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,192 Likes on 4,219 Posts

No. CDs are just recognized and points given (once per account, of course). Though like snorlaxnut said, often times those Disney CDs from the library are too scratched up to function properly.
Old 03-18-14, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

There's a pretty cool Olaf plushie available for $10 shipped after you enter your code from Frozen.
Old 03-18-14, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I received my Capt. America Winter Soldier teaser poster over the weekend. Slightly frayed on a couple of corners and along the edge near those corners. But nothing nearly as bad as some of my other poster purchases from DMR. Glad I picked it up as it is a sweet looking poster.
Old 03-19-14, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Just received my "free" movie (where you enter two codes and get to chose from 5 titles). I only entered one title and was eligible. Not sure if they changed the rules or if it was a glitch. I picked up "Dumbo" which I already had but not in Blu. Came with a slip.
Old 03-19-14, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
There's a pretty cool Olaf plushie available for $10 shipped after you enter your code from Frozen.
Yep. I ordered one yesterday as well for my daughter. I bet that thing sells out fast.
Old 03-19-14, 04:10 PM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Darkdaze, bummer that I missed out on the Captain America poster, however...I have over 6000 points burning a hole in my pocket, and the Frozen Bus Stop poster has caught my eye. I am worried about a poster that size being damaged in-transit. You sound like you have had okay experiences redeeming your points for posters, so I feel that I should go for it.

I also hope they offer a poster for Guardians Of The Galaxy, as that could be a fun one to own.
Old 03-19-14, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They still have all 3 Capt. America posters as being available on the DMR site...

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...=_all&brd=_all
Old 03-20-14, 05:38 PM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Thanks for pointing that out...I must have been blind when I was looking at the site yesterday.
Old 03-24-14, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received my Frozen bus shelter poster today. Heavily damaged due to being shipped inside a long, flimsy square box instead of a shipping tube. Same thing happened when I ordered a John Carter one a few months back.

Spent a third of my point total, so not very happy.
Old 03-24-14, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcvey
I received my Frozen bus shelter poster today. Heavily damaged due to being shipped inside a long, flimsy square box instead of a shipping tube. Same thing happened when I ordered a John Carter one a few months back.

Spent a third of my point total, so not very happy.
But hey, it inspired you to make your first post, after 5 years as a member! Congrats! See you again in 2019!

Seriously though you should call them. They'll send you another one or refund your points.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.