Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-09, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Well, I think I'm just going to keep it rather than risk not having one at all. Kinda disappointing but still a cool item to own, especially since I loved the film so much.

Sorry for bogarting the thread, I hope everyone else has a better experience and hopefully I provided some useful info should theirs arrive damaged as well. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
No; you're crazy for ordering a couple of regular posters when a signed Princess And The Frog one sheet is still (amazingly) available.
Actually, I'm a couple hundred points shy of claiming that poster, so it's not an option even if I wanted it. My main issue now is finding a frame that fits the 18.5 by 27 inch size of the mini-posters. Looks like Ikea picture frames aren't compatible ... what do you guys use?
Old 12-23-09, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those who got the Princess and the Frog poster, did it come with a certificate of authenticity?
Old 12-23-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by sumdeus
For those who got the Princess and the Frog poster, did it come with a certificate of authenticity?
No.
Old 12-23-09, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
No.
Thanks Michael Corvin. That's a bummer for me...I was just about to order it but my collector heart needs a COA when it comes to autographs.
Old 12-23-09, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Well, I think I'm just going to keep it rather than risk not having one at all. Kinda disappointing but still a cool item to own, especially since I loved the film so much.

Sorry for bogarting the thread, I hope everyone else has a better experience and hopefully I provided some useful info should theirs arrive damaged as well. Merry Christmas!
Poster is now sold-out - so I think you made the right decision to hang onto it! You might want to call them again to see if anything can be done since yours is damaged and its no longer available. Maybe they can even give you a partial "refund" of points?

I just ordered mine last night, so I hope I'm still guaranteed one.
Old 12-23-09, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ended up ordering that poster a few days ago since there was so much talk about it. Hope it makes it here ok.

Also picked up one of the Disney stock things.
Old 12-23-09, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by SPIDERone
Poster is now sold-out - so I think you made the right decision to hang onto it!
Wow. I half considered paying my own postage today. What a relief that I didn't.
Old 12-23-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered mine Sunday and no shipping notice yet. Course it usually takes 3-4 days (especially after a weekend) to get a notice but I am a little worried now.
Old 12-24-09, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad I went ahead and placed my order for "The Princess and the Frog" Film Team Signed Poster this past Sunday. I still haven't gotten a shipping notice. Also, I read that the one share of Disney Stock is now unavailable.
Old 12-24-09, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Also, I read that the one share of Disney Stock is now unavailable.
Wow, just like Dr Finklestein, that one disappeared without a single "Limited Quantities" notice in the catalog. I would have been pissed if I passed on the poster for that instead (admittedly it is a kind of cool item).

Can someone else who gets the poster please let us know it arrived all right and safe? Since Corvin's post my daughter asks me every day if our poster is going to be damaged when it arrives.
Old 12-24-09, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Wow, just like Dr Finklestein, that one disappeared without a single "Limited Quantities" notice in the catalog. I would have been pissed if I passed on the poster for that instead (admittedly it is a kind of cool item).

Can someone else who gets the poster please let us know it arrived all right and safe? Since Corvin's post my daughter asks me every day if our poster is going to be damaged when it arrives.
Also, if you like, include how many signatures and what color you received.

I'm not trying to start a "Mine's better/rarer than Your's", just curious to see whether there are many variations.
Old 12-24-09, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Has anyone who ordered the poster this past weekend (or a day or 2 before) gotten a shipping notice yet? If so please let us know. I do not want to call and ask about it as it may give them a chance to say "out of stock, we'll give you your 3,500 points back." I'd rather sit back & hope for the best than give them a chance to take the easy way out.
Old 12-24-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I ended up ordering that poster a few days ago since there was so much talk about it. Hope it makes it here ok.

Also picked up one of the Disney stock things.
You had enough points to get BOTH of those??? WOW! Nice... I want to get the stock as well...
Old 12-24-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bonus code for 50 points: WISHES
Problem is, it isn't working. It is today's gift from the advent calendar. So it should work today only. Hopefully they activate it soon...
Old 12-24-09, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
You had enough points to get BOTH of those??? WOW! Nice... I want to get the stock as well...
Yeah, I've been sitting on a ton of points I've never spent. Now I'm down to 275.

Has anyone who ordered the poster this past weekend (or a day or 2 before) gotten a shipping notice yet? If so please let us know. I do not want to call and ask about it as it may give them a chance to say "out of stock, we'll give you your 3,500 points back." I'd rather sit back & hope for the best than give them a chance to take the easy way out.
I wouldn't worry about it. Plus shipping notices may be awhile anyway.
Old 12-24-09, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I ordered my poster on Friday night 12/18 and got my shipping notice (UPS Ground) on 12/22.

Last edited by Decker; 12-24-09 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-24-09, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered mine this past Sunday. Still haven't gotten a shipping notice.
Old 12-24-09, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Bonus code for 50 points: WISHES
Problem is, it isn't working. It is today's gift from the advent calendar. So it should work today only. Hopefully they activate it soon...
Says it is not a valid code.
Old 12-24-09, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Says it is not a valid code.
The advent calender does show the code, just not working. I tried it on a few accounts and nothing.
Old 12-24-09, 07:02 PM
Cool New Member

everyone seems to be redeeming their codes. Are the points going to be reset at the end of the year? The rules&regs make it sound like it doesn't. I just joined so i don't want to enter in to get points if they're just going to be erased at the start of the year.

Thanks
Old 12-24-09, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Alcoholiday
everyone seems to be redeeming their codes. Are the points going to be reset at the end of the year? The rules&regs make it sound like it doesn't. I just joined so i don't want to enter in to get points if they're just going to be erased at the start of the year.

Thanks
No, they don't reset at the end of the year. I just redeemed mine to get that awesome poster. I just hope that I get it. Still haven't gotten a shipping notice. Although, the poster showed it was still available when I redeemed my points for it.
Old 12-24-09, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No shipping notice here either. If we haven't gotten one by now we won't get it until Monday (with the 3 day holiday weekend). I kept checking between my email and my DMR account all day. I figure that if they did run out that they'd add the points back so having only 95 points still is a good thing. I still think it's best not to call them because then they could take the easy way out and tell you it's out and that they'll give you your points back. I plan on letting it either get here or them having to summon a backbone and tell me in an email that they sold me a product they were out of. Can't see them doing that. The way I figure everybody who ordered one while it was still available SHOULD get one no matter what. They have a gazillion posters. All the artists still work for Disney as far as I know. What would it take for them to get another however many posters they sold in the last week signed by the animators? You just wait till after the Christmas/New Year's break and ask each animator to sign another 100 or so posters. That way they get happy customers and don't have people cash in for an item like a sculpture that is $100-$175. Instead it's a poster that we consider worth even more but all Disney is out is some cheap posters and artists that work for them signing a few autographs.
Old 12-24-09, 08:54 PM

Ordered on Sunday and got notice of shipment on Wednesday..

DG
Old 12-24-09, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by disneyguy
Ordered on Sunday and got notice of shipment on Wednesday..

DG
When I ordered it on Sunday I got an automated yahoo email right back at 6:54 pm. Do you have your email from when you ordered it on Sunday & the time that your order was placed? If I miss out by a few hours because they sold out on Sunday when there was no one to put out of stock on the site I'll be heartbroken. But then, they didn't list it as out of stock for 3 days after the weekend ended???

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.