Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Threadless back to school sale - all shirts are $12

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 08-26-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Exactly what the title says - all t-shirts at Threadless are $12 for the week of August 25: http://www.threadless.com

I just picked up two (the one w/ Darth Vader making a Death Star topiary and "Grandpa Cassette").
Old 08-27-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How are the shirts, are they made out cotton?
Old 08-27-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I only have one other shirt from them, which I bought last year. I don't have it handy, but I believe it is a Fruit of the Loom 50/50. But they have since started printing designs on their own brand of shirts, which are 100% cotton.

Checking their size chart, they seem comparable to American Apparel, which are soft yet shrink a whole lot. To be safe, I went ahead and ordered the size I get from shirt.woot.com (which uses AA shirts).

Threadless's size chart: http://www.threadless.com/sizechart
Old 08-27-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Their own brand are thinner than the fruit of the loom ones. if it is an older one it will probably be FotL. I have a bunch of their shirt, my favorites are communist party,bone idol, and goldilocks and the three beers and mr mittens big adventure.
this time I bought the new vampire one, the laundry monkey and one other, wish I would have seen the zombie one, must have skipped over ot
Old 08-27-08, 06:58 PM

Received 1,033 Likes on 600 Posts
So are people saying they shrink enough it's worth getting the next size up? Some cool stuff here.
Old 08-27-08, 09:55 PM

Received 1,033 Likes on 600 Posts
Oh, and does anyone have a shipping coupon to keep this deal tasty?
Old 08-28-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by dogmatica View Post
So are people saying they shrink enough it's worth getting the next size up? Some cool stuff here.
The Threadless brand one I have definitely ran small and shrank some more. Same with my wife's. In my limited experience, I would say certainly go a size bigger.
Old 08-28-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dammit, the shirts I want are out of stock. How often do they restock?
Old 08-28-08, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It depends on how popular the shirt is. If you want it to be reprinted click the shirt you want and the reprint button. If you expect them to be reprinted during the sale, they won't be. They only put out new/reprints out on mondays. Shirts like communist party (very popular) are printed like twice a year. All shirts 12 dollars is a different sale than normal usually it is 5 dollars off (which could be a better deal depending on the shirt but not by much)

I have notice the threadless brand shirts tend to get a little shorter after a wash, but I just compared a washed one to one I just received today and it was the basically the same length so who knows.
BTW I love the new vampire one, when you go in sunlight veins appear on its face and flames like he is burning, and his eyes and teeth also glow in the dark.
Old 08-28-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mh4268 View Post
It depends on how popular the shirt is. If you want it to be reprinted click the shirt you want and the reprint button. If you expect them to be reprinted during the sale, they won't be. They only put out new/reprints out on mondays. Shirts like communist party (very popular) are printed like twice a year. All shirts 12 dollars is a different sale than normal usually it is 5 dollars off (which could be a better deal depending on the shirt but not by much)

I have notice the threadless brand shirts tend to get a little shorter after a wash, but I just compared a washed one to one I just received today and it was the basically the same length so who knows.
BTW I love the new vampire one, when you go in sunlight veins appear on its face and flames like he is burning, and his eyes and teeth also glow in the dark.
Thanks for the answer! I wanted the different Gods rocking it out together but that one is sold out. I'm willing to pay regular price for that. I'll check out the vampire shirt.
Old 08-28-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Update, my one of the shirts on threadless style shirts has shrunk like 3 inches. Sucks, it was one of my favorites, only one has done this. Maybe I had the dryer on a higher setting for one load.

I forgot to say a lot of times they extend a sale into the next week, meaning the new monday shirts are available. Not a gaurantee
Old 08-29-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just got an e-mail from Threadless saying that over 140 designs have been marked down to $9.
Old 08-30-08, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by matrixrok9 View Post
Thanks for the answer! I wanted the different Gods rocking it out together but that one is sold out. I'm willing to pay regular price for that. I'll check out the vampire shirt.
For most of the current week's shirts, if they are sold out and it says special order in the stock chart by your size, you can add it to your order and you'll get it in 6-8 weeks after they do another print run. You have to make the order before the new round of shirts is released on Mondays.
Old 03-28-09, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Re: Threadless back to school sale - all shirts are $12

$5 sale going on.