Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Free Magazines (Updated Daily)

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Free Magazines (Updated Daily)

Old 08-05-09, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Free Magazines (Updated Daily)

Originally Posted by Chad
My bad. It was 2 issues like the Oprah link.
Thanks. I just wanted to let my gf know what to expect.
Old 08-06-09, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

One year (12 issues) of Flying:

http://www.valuemags.com/freeoffer/f...Flying-RDC.asp

Flying magazine's editorial focus is for general aviation-active pilots and aircraft owners. The articles in Flying provide evaluation reports on technical and mechanical aspects of flying, AA and industry news and information on flight safety and piloting business airplanes.
Old 08-06-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Complimentary 1 year DIGITAL subscription to Seventeen:

http://www.emagazines.com/freeoffer/...al-spakist.asp

Seventeen Magazine is the only magazine for the modern teenage girl. In each issue you'll read about the latest fashions, trends for teens, beauty and style tips, relationship advice, and the hottest news on today's biggest heart throbs.
Old 08-06-09, 11:35 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts

Old 08-06-09, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

haha!

Chris Hansen is watching YOU
Old 08-07-09, 01:04 AM
ADP

I'm new to this so I would appreciate any help. When I see a magazine posted up that I want, I click on the link and fill in my name, etc

Then it asks for my career, position, etc. I try to fill these in accordingly with whatever the magazine is about. ex) Horse magazine, I would choose agriculture

I always end up getting some kind of junk magazine choice and not the one offered, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

never had that problem with the value link but always with the ebiz links

can someone fill me in?

thanks

adp
Old 08-07-09, 10:25 AM

I always fill in the links with my actual job and I have never had a problem (provided the magazine is still available).
Old 08-07-09, 10:28 AM

Yeah, I always fill-in the accurate information.

Free magazines aren't worth lying.
Old 08-07-09, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ADP
I'm new to this so I would appreciate any help. When I see a magazine posted up that I want, I click on the link and fill in my name, etc

Then it asks for my career, position, etc. I try to fill these in accordingly with whatever the magazine is about. ex) Horse magazine, I would choose agriculture. I always end up getting some kind of junk magazine choice and not the one offered, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

never had that problem with the value link but always with the ebiz links

can someone fill me in?

thanks

adp
If your religion doesn't allow you to lie, then by all means tell them the truth. List your company's name and your phone number while you're at it - it can't hurt to give them your SSN too.
Or...you can put whatever you want and have fun with it! Sometimes I'm a milk delivery boy, other times I'm a race car driver or astronaut - who cares?
I'm not losing any sleep over "lying" to a bunch of marketing people.

Last edited by masetodd; 08-07-09 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-07-09, 11:53 AM

Lighten up Francis!
Old 08-07-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by masetodd
If your religion doesn't allow you to lie, then by all means tell them the truth. List your company's name and your phone number while you're at it - it can't hurt to give them your SSN too.
Oh please. The info you give is basically the info they need to mail you the magazine. This mentality is nothing but a weak justification for dishonesty.

Some of us value our sense of self respect more than we value a 6 month subscription to some magazine we'd spend 30 minutes looking at. If you don't, that's fine by me. But this reasoning is beyond weak. At least be honest with yourself.
Old 08-07-09, 05:39 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Does anyone know of any good deals on a Men's Health subscription. Amazon has 2 years for 39.94 and the men's health website has 2 years for $34.77, but you're automatically enrolled for it to auto renew. Anyone know of anything at a better price?
http://www.discountmags.com/product/5765/men-s-health

$8.00/yr (10 issues, $0.80 each) (each additional year is only $5 more) using code: 6043

No clue if this place is reliable or not.
Old 08-08-09, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rusty P. Shackleford
CEO of "Dale's Dead Bug" a subsidiary of "Dale Corp."
Old 08-08-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JB7
No clue if this place is reliable or not.
I've used them in the past and had no problems.

Complimentary one-year DIGITAL subscription to Parenting Early Years:

http://www.freebizmag.com/emailparenteydig03welcome.htm

Focused on the needs of moms with young children age 0-5, Parenting Early Years is a supportive resource with tips and guidance to help moms make their own choices in raising their kids. This mom is looking for great advice not just about parenting, but for every facet of her life, and this edition of Parenting acts as a forum for moms to share what works best.
Old 08-08-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Chew
[obligatory]This is not a request thread![/]

The Time Warner Friends and Family deal is currently expired ($10/yr), but the page states it'll return in September.
https://subs.timeinc.net/faf/faf_end...questid=109309
Thanks for the heads-up. My EW sub runs out on Aug. 28 and I don't mind going without it for a few weeks if I can get a good deal on a renewal.
Old 08-10-09, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by mgbfan
...Some of us value our sense of self respect more than we value a 6 month subscription to some magazine we'd spend 30 minutes looking at. If you don't, that's fine by me. But this reasoning is beyond weak. At least be honest with yourself.
I am honest with myself - it's just others that I lie to.
Old 08-10-09, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thrush
Rusty P. Shackleford
CEO of "Dale's Dead Bug" a subsidiary of "Dale Corp."
Do you not place any value on your sense of self respect?!?! Lying to the good people at Mercury Mags... tisk tisk.

Some of us value our sense of self respect more than we value a 6 month subscription to some magazine we'd spend 30 minutes looking at. If you don't, that's fine by me. But this reasoning is beyond weak. At least be honest with yourself.
This coming from the guy downloading the Erin Andrews video...

Last edited by cpgator; 08-10-09 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-10-09, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by cpgator
This coming from the guy downloading the Erin Andrews video...
Ignoring the wild non-sequitar and the somewhat amusing fact that you spent time trying to dig something up to "burn" me ... in what way is that in any way being dishonest with myself?

It's cute that you tried to put in this much time to trying to justify a blatently dishonest behavior, but ... c'mon. Surely you can do better than that. This was just weak.
Old 08-11-09, 09:43 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Downloading unauthorized videos is an act of stealing. What do think those FBI, Interpol warning messages displayed before every movies on DVD is saying? Worst yet, Erin Andrews' videos were taken and released without her knowledge. You not only are justifying your behavior, which is doing exactly what the people you're mocking by filling out fake occupation, you don't even see yourself being dishonest. That's just pathetic.

Now can we stop all these non-free mag postings? It's supposed to be updated daily with new offerings not these pathetic exchange of words.
Old 08-11-09, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by SuperJim88
Downloading unauthorized videos is an act of stealing. What do think those FBI, Interpol warning messages displayed before every movies on DVD is saying?
They're saying that unauthorized dulication of copyrighted materials is a crime. How does this apply?

Worst yet, Erin Andrews' videos were taken and released without her knowledge.
Did you even read the thread in question? Clearly you did not. Since you're coming in ignorant, allow me to share my take on it (post #36 in the thread]:

Originally Posted by MGBFAN
Agreed with the others who say this is a shame. She had every right to feel safe there, and it's a massive injustice that someone did this to her. Imagine if it was your wife, girlfriend, sister, or mother. Nobody has the right to do that. Amidst the easy jokes, it's easy to forget that.

Not being high and mighty. Just remembering that there is a victim here.
Now can we stop all these non-free mag postings? It's supposed to be updated daily with new offerings not these pathetic exchange of words.
Hypocritical much? If we're done with the "lying is okay" because ... defense, then I'd say we're done. If people would like to kick and scream and point fingers all in an effort to cloud a pretty black-and-white issue, then I'd imagine we're not.
Old 08-11-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that you spent time trying to dig something up to "burn" me
This was on the very first page of "more posts" from mgbfan I certainly didn't have to look too far...

in what way is that in any way being dishonest with myself?
It was in reference to your 'sense of self respect' comment. You even commented that it was a 'massive injustice' and talked about her being a victim, but then at the same time download the video and watched it. Even telling another posted how to find it. But I guess that isn't as bad as making up a fake job on a mag application.

But SuperJim88 is right, this is the wrong place for this discussion. In an effort to get back on track, I will agree with you. Fake job title on mag application - Bad. Downloading and watching video taken illegally of a women in her hotel room - Perfectly ok.

Now back to the free mag offers!

Last edited by cpgator; 08-11-09 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-11-09, 11:28 PM

Okay, let's take a step back. How, in any way shape or form, does any of this speak to the question of whether it's right or wrong to lie? How does whether I saw the video bear even the slightest on whether lying is justified? Does someone on trial for fraud use the defense that the prosecuting lawyer once jaywalked, therefore it's okay?

This is idiotic. I said that lying to get a free magazine was beneath me, and others here. There is nothing wrong with that statement. Others have said as much in this very thread. Yet clearly that statement struck a nerve in you. Why might that be?

It seems you're trying to change the subject. It would appear that somewhere, deep down, you're a little ashamed at lying for something so small. And when you hear someone say what that little part of you is thinking, you can't think of anything better to do than to lash out.

Sorry, I call um as I see um. If that offends you, that's your problem, not mine.
Old 08-12-09, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay, let's take a step back. How, in any way shape or form, does any of this speak to the question of whether it's right or wrong to lie? How does whether I saw the video bear even the slightest on whether lying is justified? Does someone on trial for fraud use the defense that the prosecuting lawyer once jaywalked, therefore it's okay?

This is idiotic. I said that lying to get a free magazine was beneath me, and others here. There is nothing wrong with that statement. Others have said as much in this very thread. Yet clearly that statement struck a nerve in you. Why might that be?

It seems you're trying to change the subject. It would appear that somewhere, deep down, you're a little ashamed at lying for something so small. And when you hear someone say what that little part of you is thinking, you can't think of anything better to do than to lash out.

Sorry, I call um as I see um. If that offends you, that's your problem, not mine.
Old 08-12-09, 08:20 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

TMI -- get a room, guys!
Old 08-12-09, 08:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we get back to our nice, normal magazine postings, please?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.