Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Good place to get drink powder mixes?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

What's a good place to get drink mixes? Right now I pay $2 for 10 16.9oz packets. Thanks!
Old 04-29-08, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walgreens stocks quite a few varities of single serving packets. They call them "singles to go" and are made by Wyler's and Hawaiian Punch. We only buy the sugar free, caffeine free ones that are 5 calories each, with no carbs and a miniscule amount of sodium. Flavors like kiwi-strawberry, lemonade, pink lemonade, raspberry lemonade, peach tea, fruit juicy red, sunsplash orange...

8 16.9 oz packets cost $1 everyday. Best deal I've found, and there's a nice variety of flavors, so you're not always drinking the same thing.
Old 04-29-08, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wyler's used to have a 50 pack of the cool rasberry flavor for $5 at walgreens but I haven't seen those in a while. All of the Wyler's flavors are good IMO
Old 05-02-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
i 3rd walgreens & wylers
Old 05-05-08, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions! Walgreens had 50 packets for $5, half price of the 10 for $2. I'm happy with that. We either refill water bottles for 25 cents a gallon or I drink from the filter at work, so the cost of drinks is pretty much the packets themselves, and I may use 5-7 packets a day. This price point is perfect.

They only had one box (cranberry), so I plan to hit up another one soon. Do NOT buy their half liter plastic water jugs - they are worthless. The cap doesn't let the flow of water through, so I have to drink from it capless. Back they go. Walmart's plastic jugs are great.

I find I like Wiler's (Walgreens' brand) better than Crystal Light. It has a lighter, softer taste to it. The filter at work puts out horrific, acidic, metallic water that is (to me) undrinkable plain. Tasted it with a packet yesterday and it is decent (the water at home tastes better with the packets).

Plan to hit up the 99 cent store also one of these days, but until then I'll grab 2-3 more of the Walgreens packets. Thanks!
Old 05-09-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kakihara1
Wyler's used to have a 50 pack of the cool rasberry flavor for $5 at walgreens but I haven't seen those in a while. All of the Wyler's flavors are good IMO
my wife assures me they are still there
they just seem to move these around alot.. but they are somewhere in the store

enjoy the hunt