Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Items for $0.01

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Best Buy Items for $0.01

Old 09-10-07, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
Best Buy Items for $0.01

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=Movies&nrp=15

Best Buy has many items for $0.01. Most require in store pickup (which is cool since that means no shipping charges). Problem is that not all items are available in all stores. There is a limit of 5 per item per order (i.e. 5 motorcycles, 5 ghot rider books, etc). Items include:

** 1:18 Harley-Davidson 1999 Fxsts Springer
** Mythos Ghost Rider (Book)
** Dog Plush
** Dinosaur Gwp
** Peter Pan Pirates Heroes Figurine
** Peter Pan Lunch Box
** Gary Beanie
** Mr Krabs Beanie
** Patrick Star Beanie
** Spongebob Beanie
The following users liked this post:
Trevor (12-20-19)
Old 09-10-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. Nice find if it actually works. I ordered 5 each of the dog plush, the motorcycle and the Peter Pan figurines. These are all past bonuses with purchase correct? The motorcycle I believe was Wild Hogs, but does anyone know what the dog came with?

If anyone is able to get the Ghost Rider book, the dinosaur and especially the Peter Pan lunchbox I'd be interested in getting one from you. None of those are available at my local store.
Old 09-10-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, got a dinosaur, didn't want anything else besides a Gary Beanie or the Lunch-box, and they didn't have one.
Old 09-11-07, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I picked up my order today. They had all but 1 of the 15 items I ordered.

3 Peter Pan figurines
2 Captain Hook figurines
5 Harley motorcycles
3 Copper plush
1 Budderball plush

Most of it is available if anyone is interested.
Old 09-11-07, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just checked the link and it says all sold out for the 1 cent items
Old 09-11-07, 09:59 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts
Found a couple today. Checked a few other older "freebies" as well. Most were still full price, but the War of the Worlds book was a penny, and the PotC headknocker was 99 cents.
Old 09-12-07, 06:15 PM

Anyone searching the stores in Fairfax County:

I've hit 5 lately. Harleys, Dinosaur toys, and WofW books at Leesburg. 5-15 of each when I left today.

Nothing at Tysons, Reston, Fair Oaks, or Sterling (WotW books and maybe a couple Harleys there).
Old 09-13-07, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Blah. All I found were 4 of the dogs.
Old 09-13-07, 04:45 AM

can someone upload a pic of the dinosaur thing? thats the only item i'm really interested and kinda want to know what to look for when I get there today. Gotta return something, so might as well pick a dino up while there.
Old 09-13-07, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered 10 dogs, 10 dinasaurs, and 10 peter pan figures (on two orders - 5 item limit). I received 5 email confirmations, 8 email out of stock notices. When I went to the store, they could not find the order. It took 45 minutes to finally find it. I ended up with 10 dinasaurs and 8 peter pans. Other than the 45 minutes of waiting while they worked diligently to help (no knock on them - they looked everywere), not a bad haul for $0.18 plus gas to get there.
Old 09-13-07, 04:33 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally Posted by b2net
I ordered 10 dogs, 10 dinasaurs, and 10 peter pan figures (on two orders - 5 item limit). I received 5 email confirmations, 8 email out of stock notices. When I went to the store, they could not find the order. It took 45 minutes to finally find it. I ended up with 10 dinasaurs and 8 peter pans. Other than the 45 minutes of waiting while they worked diligently to help (no knock on them - they looked everywere), not a bad haul for $0.18 plus gas to get there.

what are you going to do with all of that shit? seriously... what does a grown man need with all of that trinkity crap? Hopefully you'll give it all away to some children.
Old 09-13-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was there anything else you were looking for? I've got some of the dogs and Harleys I'd trade for a dinosaur. Were your Peter Pan figures all of Peter or did you get other characters?
Old 09-13-07, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
what are you going to do with all of that shit? seriously... what does a grown man need with all of that trinkity crap? Hopefully you'll give it all away to some children.
I can't speak for the poster you're referring to but if I had been able to get some of this "trinkity crap" I would have turned it for a nice little profit. The Peter Pan figures are actually pretty cool, though, so for "trinkity crap" collectors there's always that appeal too. I have plenty of "trinkity crap" that I've collected over the years...some fairly valuable. Don't knock the "trinkity crap." Honestly, as long as a pedophile isn't getting this stuff to lure in kids I could care less what people do with it. It's a free world man, well, almost free (1 cent in this case).
Old 09-13-07, 08:53 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sumdeus
I can't speak for the poster you're referring to but if I had been able to get some of this "trinkity crap" I would have turned it for a nice little profit. The Peter Pan figures are actually pretty cool, though, so for "trinkity crap" collectors there's always that appeal too. I have plenty of "trinkity crap" that I've collected over the years...some fairly valuable. Don't knock the "trinkity crap." Honestly, as long as a pedophile isn't getting this stuff to lure in kids I could care less what people do with it. It's a free world man, well, almost free (1 cent in this case).
If you get ONE, then fine... if you are a glutton asswipe who brags about acquiring TEN friggin Peter Pan figures, then you are a creepy jerk if you are going to do anything other than giving them away to some kids.
Old 09-13-07, 10:51 PM

Received the confirmation e-mail but when I went to the store they didn't have anything. I only ordered one each of the Ghost Rider book, Spongebob beanie and dinosaur. And I've got three boys that would have enjoyed them.
Old 09-14-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just to address all the people that commented to me. I ordered everything as inexpensive gifts. I got all Peter Pans except for one Captain Hook. The Peter Pan figures were originally $3.99 so a good deal at $0.01. Not looking for anything else. Also, there was no reason for personal insults. Unbelievable.
Old 09-14-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just to address all the people that commented to me. I ordered everything as inexpensive gifts. I got all Peter Pans except for one Captain Hook. The Peter Pan figures were originally $3.99 so a good deal at $0.01. Not looking for anything else. Also, there was no reason for personal insults. Unbelievable.
Agreed. I attempted to defend you but it didn't help. Personal attacks are not necessary. Why can't we all just get along?
Old 09-14-07, 09:13 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Believe it.

I ordered 10 dogs, 10 dinasaurs, and 10 peter pan figures (on two orders - 5 item limit)
You seem so proud and happy to have bucked the system... why do you think there is a 5 order limit? whatever dude, have fun with your collectables.
Old 09-15-07, 12:52 AM

These items are showing up more on ebay now. Imagine that.
Old 09-15-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't mean to be off topic given how well we've done so far about sticking to "hot deals" but...

I was in Best Buy today and my store had many of the 1 cent items still available, particularly the miniature Harley. They had about 15 of the Harley's in Newington, NH, if anyone is in the area and wants some. They were mostly located at the registers as you checkout, so I had the cashier ring one up and it was $0.01. Got two for my friend's sons (both under 8 years of age) and one for my 10-year-old cousin. I hope that's alright The Best Buy website said "Sold Out" for me, so I was surprised to see them when I was checking out. Plenty more left for those in the area.

PS - Also saw all of the beanies too so if you need/want any of those check by the middle register...I believe it was register 6 at the Newington, NH, store.

Last edited by sumdeus; 09-15-07 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-15-07, 02:54 PM

I don't get it, I can't find any of the items on their website, at all. Am I looking at something wrong?
Old 09-15-07, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ason12
I don't get it, I can't find any of the items on their website, at all. Am I looking at something wrong?
As reported a few posts above yours, these are all sold out online.