Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Golfsmith Sale up to 40% off

Old 06-27-07, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Golfsmith Sale up to 40% off

http://www.golfsmith.com/email/FFJ07
Old 06-27-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A huge thanks, Kal! I'm in the market for a Titleist driver and $170 is too good to pass up.
Old 06-30-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was just in-store today. I prefer their website...better deals on clubs that may be no longer available in stores. Picked up a Lob Wedge last week for about 7 bucks! I might pick up a fairway wood this week.
Old 07-02-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. I was in the market for new clubs (the $1 clubs that I got at a garage sale, which were way mis-sized for me, weren't cutting it any more) and picked some up yesterday.

I ended up getting a used set of TaylorMade RACs, where six of the eight clubs had never been used at all, and the other two had only been used once at a range. The coupon wasn't good on used clubs, but I did get a nice discount on a new TaylorMade driver and new golf balls.

The irons ended up having to be lengthened an inch and bent FIVE degrees up. One guy in the shop said that he couldn't bend them that far, but the manager said he's done it before and would take on the responsibility.

All in all, a really good deal on some nice clubs.
Old 07-04-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Thanks. I was in the market for new clubs (the $1 clubs that I got at a garage sale, which were way mis-sized for me, weren't cutting it any more) and picked some up yesterday.

I ended up getting a used set of TaylorMade RACs, where six of the eight clubs had never been used at all, and the other two had only been used once at a range. The coupon wasn't good on used clubs, but I did get a nice discount on a new TaylorMade driver and new golf balls.

The irons ended up having to be lengthened an inch and bent FIVE degrees up. One guy in the shop said that he couldn't bend them that far, but the manager said he's done it before and would take on the responsibility.

All in all, a really good deal on some nice clubs.
Did they fit you into 5 degrees upright? The extra inch will make them play more upright as it is... +1" and 5 degrees upright will be an effective lie of +7 degrees... YIKES!
Old 07-05-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mljones99
Did they fit you into 5 degrees upright? The extra inch will make them play more upright as it is... +1" and 5 degrees upright will be an effective lie of +7 degrees... YIKES!
Yep. They had a chart from Ping that gave them a basic idea of the measurements, then gave me clubs with the swing tape on them to verify and fine tune the measurements. Five degrees is a ton, but I'm 6'6"-6'7" or so, so it isn't really surprising to me.

The only thing surprising is that I ever managed to make a good shot with my ancient, unfitted clubs I topped a lot of shots and had of ton of weak hits, and from my one round with the new clubs, that things are going to be infinitely better.