Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-13, 07:20 PM

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

They really don't have their shit together for these December promotions. I logged in this afternoon and kept getting circled back to the home page when I tried getting the TJ Maxx GC. Finally got through tonight and-- of course-- it's sold out.

I have plenty of points for a few of these offers. It'd be great to get to use them as the normal selections are pretty slim (basically I get magazines since they stopped having DVDs as rewards).
Old 12-04-13, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Make sure you enter a code after 12pm to unlock that days reward. Earlier this week you could enter one in after 12am and unlock it, but not now.

And yeah it's a real clusterf... this year. The switch from 12am to 12pm is just dumb. Their servers couldn't really handle these deals at night/early morning. How they thoguht it was a good idea to switch times is beyond me. Took 7 hours for me to finally get through and get a Target giftcard on Sunday. I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to be like.

And speaking of TJ Maxx, that deal was sold out by 12:40pm. There is no way they could have had anywhere close to the number of giftcards sold today compared to the other rewards being released. I wasn't really interested in one other than to maybe sell or trade it off. But my internet has been out for most of the day so I had no chance at getting one anyway.
Old 12-04-13, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I signed in around 1:30 am EST and had no trouble, what are you all talking about? j/k

I'm hoping I can make it on tomorrow for the BB, but we'll see I guess.
Old 12-05-13, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone having problems getting the Best Buy Gift Card for 600 points? I've managed to get to the rewards catalog page with the picture of the gift card but not any further. I click on the gift card to get to try to get to the area where I then go to buy it but after a few minutes of loading, it bounces me back to the front page of the website.

Update - 12:15 pm ET - Just checked FW and its happening to other people as well.
Update - 12:40 pm ET - now people are getting the card and I'm not - still bouncing me back to the front page.
Update - 12:55 pm ET - My whole computer froze so I had to reboot - I logged back on the website and then with no problems what-so-ever was able to get two of the cards - one on my account and one on my Dads account.
Update - 1:10 pm ET - I got the confirmation email and I'm assuming my Dad got it too - I can't access his email from my computer.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-05-13 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-05-13, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I walked right onto MCR just now and got the card with no problems.
Old 12-05-13, 12:31 PM

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts

Spent 20 minutes with various stops (logged in at least eight times; entered three different codes twice each.) Had all sorts of errors and "try again later"s. Finally got to the redemption and got an error. But my points dropped by 600, so I think it went through. Maybe I'll verify later when I'm not at work.
Old 12-05-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

totally spaced this today for BB. I just logged in and got one. they are still available.
Old 12-05-13, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got there late and they're sold out. Congrats to those who got them. I guess there's always next year, as there's nothing else there I need. At least I didn't enter the 19 codes I would have needed to in order to reach 600 points.
Old 12-05-13, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by teameck
Spent 20 minutes with various stops (logged in at least eight times; entered three different codes twice each.) Had all sorts of errors and "try again later"s. Finally got to the redemption and got an error. But my points dropped by 600, so I think it went through. Maybe I'll verify later when I'm not at work.
I went through the same ordeal. Took about 40 minutes, but I was able to get a giftcard on three separate accounts. Up next is Dominos, which I will probably only try on one account.

Btw, those that have been doing the Wal-Mart Effortless meals promo the last few months, it is still working. Thanks to those and the Kangaroo bonus points, I should have enough to grab some Home Depot cards on Sunday. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it was this past Sunday.

But just remember not to max out your points for the week as you will need to put in a code the day of the reward you are trying to get. Some were saying you had to input the code after 12pm, right whe nthe reward drops. But today they were saying as long as it is put in that day prior to the reward drop.
Old 12-07-13, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I won a Free 12-pack of Sparkling Coca-Cola in the Merry Minutes. I don't drink Coke, but am curious if that's regular Coke or if they have a Sparkling Coke version?
Old 12-07-13, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash
I won a Free 12-pack of Sparkling Coca-Cola in the Merry Minutes. I don't drink Coke, but am curious if that's regular Coke or if they have a Sparkling Coke version?
"Sparkling" is just descriptive.

It's a coupon for a FREE 12 pack. Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Pibb, Barq's, Fanta, Mello Yello.

It can be any variety of those such as Cherry Coke, Vanilla Coke, Diet Coke w/ Lime, etc.
Old 12-07-13, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well since ya don't drink Coke, ya won't be needing the coupon, so why don't you send it to me? I'll use it! - LOL! kidding!
(Kidding that you will send it to me - I would definiately use it!)

Speaking of those 12-Packs, once again Tops Supermarkets has that Buy Two, Get Three Deal starting this Sunday. Must be because of the holidays that they are doing it so quickly (what two weeks after the last one?) as they usually do it every six to eight weeks. Of course as I mentioned last time, using a Free 12-Pack coupon on this deal isn't worth it since your only get $2.30 or so value on the coupon instead of the whole $4.99. Don't think I will buy any, I have plenty from the last time around - I probably have more in my basement than some of the mom and pop stores around here!

(Also they have a Lays Potato Chips - Buy Two, Get Two Deal that is usually done the same week as the 12-Pack deal. Comes to 2.25 a bag - good deal there. Wish I those $1 off one Lays Poto Chips coupons I had were still good - expired last month. Seems those coupons are always good when the deal isn't there and the coupons arn't good when the deal is around. LOL!)

Last edited by LaxBandit; 12-07-13 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-07-13, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Xbox69
"Sparkling" is just descriptive.

It's a coupon for a FREE 12 pack. Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Pibb, Barq's, Fanta, Mello Yello.

It can be any variety of those such as Cherry Coke, Vanilla Coke, Diet Coke w/ Lime, etc.
Great, thanks very much for the info. I do drink Minute Maid Lemonade, hopefully it'll be eligible for the coupon.
Old 12-09-13, 05:12 PM

It is pretty lame that they make you enter in a code only to show you that the item is out of stock, so you can't get it.

I was on the site for 30 minutes yesterday when the Home Depot one went live and the site wouldn't work for me. It worked much smoother last year without having to enter the code.
Old 12-09-13, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by N8 Storm
It is pretty lame that they make you enter in a code only to show you that the item is out of stock, so you can't get it.

I was on the site for 30 minutes yesterday when the Home Depot one went live and the site wouldn't work for me. It worked much smoother last year without having to enter the code.
Hope you entered the Kangaroo code first....so at least you will receive double points
Old 12-10-13, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR
Hope you entered the Kangaroo code first....so at least you will receive double points
That "ROO" code hasn't been working for me for a while...is there a different one?
Old 12-10-13, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rassi
That "ROO" code hasn't been working for me for a while...is there a different one?
I believe it is now limited to TWO bonuses each day -- currently ending on 12/31/13.

You now must enter the full word -- KANGAROO.
Old 12-10-13, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Xbox69
I believe it is now limited to TWO bonuses each day -- currently ending on 12/31/13.

You now must enter the full word -- KANGAROO.
Correct. I should of placed "Kangaroo" in quotes. I use it every day for the 3 cap limit.

the exact terms after you enter the 'Kangaroo' code:

Thank you for purchasing your Coca-Cola products at Kangaroo Express. Remember, when you purchase one (1) 20 oz. carbonated product of The Coca-Cola Company and enter the keyword "Kangaroo" you'll get double points! Limit 2 sets of double points per member per day. Bonus Points will be credited beginning July 1st, 2013 within 48 hours. Offer valid from 7/1/13 -12/31/13.

Last edited by 68ShelbyGT500KR; 12-10-13 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-10-13, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by N8 Storm

I know this is probably too late to help, but if you sign in before 12pm regardless of when you enter the code, you must sign out and sign back in to see/get the reward of that day. Most of the items have lasted at least a couple of hours with the exception of TJ Maxx and SouthWest Airlines.

Between the Merry Minutes game and the 12 Days rewards I have racked up around $350 in giftcards. And I rarely even drink soft drinks any more.

Also, starting Jan. 12, 2014 the max amount entered per week will drop from 120 points to 100 points per week.
Old 12-11-13, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR
Correct. I should of placed "Kangaroo" in quotes. I use it every day for the 3 cap limit.

the exact terms after you enter the 'Kangaroo' code:

Thank you for purchasing your Coca-Cola products at Kangaroo Express. Remember, when you purchase one (1) 20 oz. carbonated product of The Coca-Cola Company and enter the keyword "Kangaroo" you'll get double points! Limit 2 sets of double points per member per day. Bonus Points will be credited beginning July 1st, 2013 within 48 hours. Offer valid from 7/1/13 -12/31/13.
do you have to enter the code each time before you enter a cap/case code, or does one entry of the code apply to all the caps/case codes you enter for a session?
Old 12-11-13, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by rassi
do you have to enter the code each time before you enter a cap/case code, or does one entry of the code apply to all the caps/case codes you enter for a session?
I always enter it before each code. Never took the chance to try it the other way.
Old 12-11-13, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
I always enter it before each code. Never took the chance to try it the other way.
Cap code + KANGAROO and Cap code + KANGAROO has worked for me.
Old 12-11-13, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I enter the Kangaroo then when the next page appears, click on the red button and then the cap code.
Then repeat.

I do the bonus code each time---just because I want to make sure. I think a couple of times I forgot the kangaroo code and I did not receive the bonus points on that cap.

I didn't know that case codes worked since it is not in the program details.--only 20oz caps
Old 12-12-13, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I entered a code 15 minutes ago and it gave me the option of a $25 Nike GC for 500 points. I don't know if that was a glitch, or a limited offer or what? But the calendar said the 11th was Shutterfly and the 12th was Coca-Cola. Maybe they're bringing back some of the GC's from days past?

Meanwhile, I won a $10 McDonalds Arch card in Merry Minutes, so that was nice.
Old 12-12-13, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I entered a code 15 minutes ago and it gave me the option of a $25 Nike GC for 500 points. I don't know if that was a glitch, or a limited offer or what? But the calendar said the 11th was Shutterfly and the 12th was Coca-Cola. Maybe they're bringing back some of the GC's from days past?

Meanwhile, I won a $10 McDonalds Arch card in Merry Minutes, so that was nice.
I guess that was a bonus offer. It came up around the same time as the Shutterfly deal yesterday. I waffled on the idea of redeeming for it as I was hoping for some others to come back also. Went ahead and gave in late last night and bought one. I am down to around 400 points in my main account and around 150 in the others.

Now I need to figure out what to do with it as I have no use for it. Someone on the SD site offers MCR points for the giftcards or I can sell it online. There is one giftcard selling sight that is offering a $21 Amazon giftcard if sent online, $22.xx if mailed. You can also choose to receive a check or possibly even paypal.

Btw, if you did not redeem the Nike giftcard when it was released last week you can buy up to 2 this go around. Only 1 if you did redeem last week.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.