Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-13, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: COKE REWARDS! need just 2 codes!

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
MCR has been giving varied info on this throughout last week. Them finally stated a day or so ago that it is on regular Coke 12 packs only. But no one was sure until earlier today when people started entering their flaps. Some have had success with other variations of Coke(caff. free, cherry) but not on Coke Zero or Diet Coke.

The one time I do not have any red caps or Coke flaps(only have Diet Coke and Sprite), and they are giving out bonus points like crazy.
Fuckers. I entered a Coke Zero, Diet Coke & Lime Diet Coke. The email was not specific enough for me to see that & had a picture on the bottom of all the Coke 12 pack products. I'll be calling those cheap bastards tomorrow.
Old 05-05-13, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That sucks. I entered a Diet Coke fridge pack code earlier only because of the bonus points. I was gonna enter more, but noticed it wasn't doubled, so I stopped. Where did the original info come from? Cuz it said:

Offer Overview:
Earn Double Points on all brand Coca-Cola fridge pack (12-pk) codes during promotional timeframe.

Eligible Products:
All brand Coca-Cola fridge packs (12-pks)
Someone over at SD said the promo was originally announced via their facebook page. But the post was not very specific and made it seem like all 12pk codes would double.

They finally clarified it a couple of days ago but no one was positive if what they said was actually true.
Old 05-05-13, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was receiving 30 points for Coke Classic 12pk red flap x 5 (Mission Product Codes) and 3 flap only (20pts each--10+10bouns) for 60pts. Total of 210 points today

I looked around MCR before entering anything though. The link with the Mission qualifying products is http://www.mycokerewards.com/experie...uctList&size=4

I had 13,981 points before and now have 14,194. The extra 3 points were from a Sat Powerade cap. The MCR email must be as of Friday's points

This is the link I used to enter the flap codes today:
http://www.mycokerewards.com/enterCo...Cinco+bp_2_1_h
(I don't remember if I actually entered a Mission code first, though)

I will enter 3 red caps Monday with the Mission codes for 3+10 bonus points since I an at the limit for this week. Monday is the last day for the Mission Promo, I believe.

Last edited by 68ShelbyGT500KR; 05-05-13 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-05-13, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by 68ShelbyGT500KR
I had 13,981 points before and now have 14,194.
Just curious but what do you plan to do with that huge stockpile of points? Their prizes pretty much suck and it always seems like a waste of points using them for their sweepstakes.

I entered 3 Mr. Pibb Zero cases today and no go on the double points for them. The email they sent regarding the double points off was certainly misleading.
Old 05-05-13, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Just curious but what do you plan to do with that huge stockpile of points? Their prizes pretty much suck and it always seems like a waste of points using them for their sweepstakes.

I entered 3 Mr. Pibb Zero cases today and no go on the double points for them. The email they sent regarding the double points off was certainly misleading.
I use them for the 12pc of Coke Coupons that cost 250points. Usually redeem 3 coupons at a time for Cokes at work...
Other than that, I don't see anything in the catalog that I want---maybe a shirt but I haven't redeemed one yet...
I have accumulated, maybe 90%, of points from the company vending machine man.
Old 05-06-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For those with drink flaps remaining(any variety), you can now double them by using this Coppertone UPC 041100008879 and entering a 12 pack Coke product flap. Good thru 6/30. I just entered 5 flaps(3 Diet Coke, 2 Sprite) and all doubled.

Kinda sucks for those thinking they all doubled yesterday only to find out after they entered them that they don't.
Old 05-06-13, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, darkdaze. Glad to see that goes through 6/30, since I am wiped out of flaps right now.
Old 05-06-13, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks, DarkDaze!
Old 05-06-13, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Enter the following codes to "UNLOCK" special Rewards Collections.

• PASSTHECOKE
  • RWETHEREYET
  • IMOUTTAHERE
  • SUMMERFUN
  • SOMUCH2DO

Part of their Summer promotion.

http://mcr.cokesummer.com
Old 05-06-13, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For those with drink flaps remaining(any variety), you can now double them by using this Coppertone UPC 041100008879 and entering a 12 pack Coke product flap. Good thru 6/30. I just entered 5 flaps(3 Diet Coke, 2 Sprite) and all doubled.

Kinda sucks for those thinking they all doubled yesterday only to find out after they entered them that they don't.
Thanks darkdaze! Big help, especially after the disappointment of yesterday.
Old 05-08-13, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well no year subscription to Entertainment Weekly for 167 pts as this weeks MCR.com Wednesday Deal. So I went ahead and got a half-year subscription for 210 pts and perhaps they will have the years subscription for 167 pts deal some time in the next six months. If they do, that would be great - if not, I'll just get a years subscription for 333 pts then.

The MCR.com Wednesday Deal this week is you enter four RED CAPS (so it has to be regular coke/vanilla coke) and you get a bonus of 20 pts added to your account. Limit of one deal per account. So you only get 32 pts - not even enough to get one free 20 oz coupon. Glad it wasn't a better deal than the Cinco De Mayo Red Cap one - I wouldn't be able to take advantage since I have no red caps left.

Thanks for the Coppertone Code! - definiately makes up for Sundays debacle. Unfortunately I wasted two codes then. I did a Diet Coke one first that didn't double (Strike one!) so I figured a Coke Zero one would work since its not considered DIET but that didn't double either. (Strike two!) Since I didn't want to strike out - I did some googling and it sent me to a post on Fat Wallet which had a email from MCR.com included which stated only Regular Coke and Vanilla Coke 12 Pack Codes doubled so I stop putting in codes since I had none of those.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-08-13 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-08-13, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Definitely a lame Wed. deal. Especially since they announced this was going to happen earlier in the week(Sunday maybe?).

btw, after telling my wife about the amusement park tickets, she wasted no time in using them as we went to Carowinds this past Saturday. Our 5 y.o. daughter had a great time and actually thanked us multiple times coming home.
Old 05-08-13, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Xbox69

• PASSTHECOKE
  • RWETHEREYET
  • IMOUTTAHERE
  • SUMMERFUN
  • SOMUCH2DO

Thanks! I bought the $5 Arch card for 150 points. Better than most of their $5 GC deals. But I'll probably regret blowing the points come Black Friday...
Old 05-08-13, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
The MCR.com Wednesday Deal this week is you enter four RED CAPS (so it has to be regular coke/vanilla coke) and you get a bonus of 20 pts added to your account. Limit of one deal per account. So you only get 32 pts - not even enough to get one free 20 oz coupon. Glad it wasn't a better deal than the Cinco De Mayo Red Cap one - I wouldn't be able to take advantage since I have no red caps left.
I've only got 3. Anyone willing to trade 1 red cap for another code by PM?

Edit: Oh, well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Last edited by CalebAndCo; 05-08-13 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-08-13, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Look at what my in-laws gave us this past weekend...

Me and my wife try to always put in the max amount of points a week, so that will help. I'm shocked that they dived in like that for us after we just mentioned to them about how it would be great if they would save the codes for us.

My family drinks way too much soda. The odd thing is that I drink VERY little of it since I'm more of a water and tea drinker. I have a SodaStream so I can just do that when I get the rare craving for soda.

Last edited by Brent L; 05-09-13 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-09-13, 07:44 AM

^ Nice!

(No bad in-law jokes for you for a while.)
Old 05-09-13, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah really, lol. I need to add them together and see how many points it would be and how long it would take me to add them in with the weekly limit. After I do that I may give some away, especially since they said that build up that many in just a few months and they'll keep doing it for us.

One thing I have noticed is that the codes from the large packs rarely work for me. I type those in perfectly but it almost always says that the code is invalid. Does that happen to any of you guys?
Old 05-09-13, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have had an occasional code that one or two of the letters were printed funky and hard to figure out. If you have issues with them, I believe you can use the "Ask Chip" feature on the MCR site and they will help you with that. Don't hold me to this, but I thought I recently read that you can do this up 3 times a year and they usually give you credit for the code.

Speaking of in-laws, my wife tried to get her parents to save their caps/flaps for me a couple of years ago. Unfortunately they were already saving them for someone else. Last time we visited I noticed a couple of Coke bottles hanging out of the trash can with caps still attached, but I didn't bother getting her to ask again.
Old 05-09-13, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
Old 05-09-13, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
Look at what my in-laws gave us this past weekend...

Me and my wife try to always put in the max amount of points a week, so that will help. I'm shocked that they dived in like that for us after we just mentioned to them about how it would be great if they would save the codes for us.

My family drinks way too much soda. The odd thing is that I drink VERY little of it since I'm more of a water and tea drinker. I have a SodaStream so I can just do that when I get the rare craving for soda.

Make sure you use the Coppertone code for those 12pk flaps!
I just obtained 17 flaps from our vending machine guy....Double Points for another week!
Old 05-10-13, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a head's up, some are saying that they are being limited to 10 flaps being doubled for the week. No one is sure if that is the limit for the entire promotion or just a weekly thing.
Old 05-10-13, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a head's up, some are saying that they are being limited to 10 flaps being doubled for the week. No one is sure if that is the limit for the entire promotion or just a weekly thing.
I was able to enter 11 12-pack codes this week (I did 4 on Wednesday and 7 more this morning after seeing darks latest post) and of course I double them up using that Coppertone code. I had to stop at 11 12-pack codes entered because I was at 113 points total for the week (I entered a 3 point code on Monday so I could take advantage of the Cap Cinco De Mayo Deal one last time) and another 12-pack code would put me pass the 120 point limit for the week.

So I'm going to take a guess and you can enter up to at the very least 12 12-pack codes for this promotion. Also I'm going to take a guess and thats the weekly limit and not for the whole promotion. If its for the whole promotion, maybe we will need to enter a different Coppertone code for every 12 12-pack codes that we double? - limit of 120 bonus points and you can only use that code once per account. Well we shall see next week what the case may be.

As for 12 pack codes being unreadable - I've been there! Earlier this year, I bought 6 12-packs and all the codes had at least one or two letters/numbers that I couldn't make out. One code even had three letters/numbers completely missing! Looks like the "printer" was running out of ink when they printed the codes on those 12 pack boxes! I wasn't going to waste my time figuring out what the letters/numbers could be so I sent a email to MCR with all the codes listed and they credited me 60 points. They told me to throw the codes away but before I did, I tried to decipher a couple of the codes that only had one number/letter unreadable and I was able to do so - so I got a "bonus" of 20 points.

As for limits on that deal - not sure if MCR.com keeps track of us asking for points if we have unreadable codes etc. I'll have to see if I have any unreadable codes in the future and after sending them the codes, see if they will credit me the points or will they just say screw you because we gave you points earlier this year and you can only do it once. I haven't done that Chip thing yet so I'm not sure what the limit there is.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-10-13 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-10-13, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just re-checked my account and only six of the seven 12-pack codes I entered today were doubled so it does looks like we are limited to ten 12-pack codes per week being doubled using the Coppertone codes.

Now we have to see if thats just the weekly limit or if its just a limit for that particular code or worst its only ten codes per account for the whole promotion. Hope its just the weekly limit or limit for that particular code as I'm going to be getting quite a few 12-pack codes in the next few weeks (stores around here always have great deals on 12-packs around Memorial Day so our family stocks up for the summer/fall at that time) and I'll be wanting to use them for this promotion.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-10-13 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-11-13, 08:36 PM

• PASSTHECOKE
  • RWETHEREYET
  • IMOUTTAHERE
  • SUMMERFUN
  • SOMUCH2DO

In the Coke Summer Entertainment Discount Collection, for 750 points, they have 2 admissions to the Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum (in NYC), plus admission to the Space Shuttle Pavilion (reopening July 10). That's a $31 value for each adult admission to both attractions. I was planning on taking my son this summer anyway and keeping an eye out for discounts. I guess I can settle for 100% off.
Old 05-12-13, 03:41 PM

I was also anticipating a Wednesday Deal on Entertainment Weekly as I recall their past offers from 2011 and 2012.

I'm currently good thru 2016 though. I'm pretty sure I picked up multiple subs. during those past years on the same account.

Now looking at the regular price (333 points) terms of the reward, it states a Limit of 1 redemption per member each week. I would definitely still add a year at 167 points when it comes up.
I'm also good thru the end of 2016 for Entertainment Weekly.
I always get the WED. Deal and extend my subscription whenever EW is the promoted bargain.
But, I have not seen it offered at a discount for a while now.
EW must have gotten their subscriber base to where they want it and are no longer beggin for customers.
Their subscriber base as of the middle of last year is:

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.