Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Free Magazines Archive

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Free Magazines Archive

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

6 complimentary issues of Guns & Ammo:

https://store.primediamags.com/subsc...nsandammo/8551

Use UPC Code: 769524703001

To receive your 6 complimentary issues of Guns & Ammo from Hornady, merely purchase a box of qualifying* Hornady centerfire ammunition from your local retailer or catalog store, then enter your information below.
Old 10-20-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Free digital subscription to Garden Design:

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10189

Grow your garden and grow your dreams with GARDEN DESIGN'S informative, expert advice. Luscious photography and deft illustration show you gardening insights the world over. If you enjoy living in your garden as well as cultivating it, you'll want to subscribe to GARDEN DESIGN.
Old 10-20-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for G&A
Old 10-22-06, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto
Old 10-23-06, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

New link for one free year of Interview:

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/114/11403

Interview is a magazine founded by artist Andy Warhol and Gerard Malanga in 1969. Dedicated to the cult of celebrity which fascinated Warhol, it featured cutting-edge graphics and interviews of celebrities.[citation needed] These interviews were usually unedited or edited in the eccentric fashion of Warhol's books a and The Philosophy of Andy Warhol: From A to B and Back Again.

Copies of Interview were often handed out as gratuities to the in-crowd to lure them into contributing to the magazine, as well as to find further advertisers.

Towards the end of his life, as Warhol withdrew from everyday oversight of his magazine, it became more focused on presenting the point of view of the fashion elite (under the reigns of editor Bob Colacello), and conventional editing was introduced into it. However, Warhol would still act as ambassador for the magazine, distributing issues in the street to passers by and creating adhoc book-signing events on the streets of Manhattan.

The magazine ("The Crystal Ball Of Pop", according to its website) continues in a similar form to this day - 30% features/70% glossy advertising - published, since shortly after Warhol's death in 1988, by Brant Publications Inc.
Old 10-24-06, 10:32 AM

Thanks for Interview!
Old 10-24-06, 11:21 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
My postman hates all of you that post deals here. I get at least 2 magazines a day.

Give most to my local hospital after I browse them.

But seriously, thanks all.
Old 10-25-06, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
My postman hates all of you that post deals here. I get at least 2 magazines a day.

Give most to my local hospital after I browse them.

But seriously, thanks all.

I am in the same situation on having so many subscriptions. Make sure to leave some money at Christmas time for the mail carriers.
Old 10-25-06, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I get about six mags a day when they are putting them out.
Old 10-25-06, 01:48 PM

Get Saveur (digital edition) for FREE!

Saveur is for people who experience the world food first. It was created to satisfy the hunger for genuine information about food in all its contexts. With its emphasis on heritage and tradition, home cooking and real food, the magazine evokes the flavors of food from around the world (including forgotten pockets of culinary excellence in the United States). It celebrates the culture and environment in which dishes are created and the people who create them. It serves up rich, satisfying stories that are complex, defining and memorable.

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10184
Old 10-26-06, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Might be time to ask yourself if you really need to order every one. That sounds like compulsive behavior.

I get two magazines that I got for free through this site. Both of which I'm interested in and read cover-to-cover. I'd never consider even ordering a mag otherwise. Waste of time, paper, and money (for somebody).

I'm not singling you out, either. I just constantly shake my head at folks who feel compelled to order anything and everything "free."
Old 10-26-06, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It really isn't a waste of paper. It isn't as if they make it as you order it. There are many thousands of issues that are made for the major magazines that aren't bought. No idea what happens with them, but when I used to work at Fry's we would send them somewhere once the new issues came out.
Old 10-26-06, 12:14 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by mgbfan
Might be time to ask yourself if you really need to order every one. That sounds like compulsive behavior.

I get two magazines that I got for free through this site. Both of which I'm interested in and read cover-to-cover. I'd never consider even ordering a mag otherwise. Waste of time, paper, and money (for somebody).

I'm not singling you out, either. I just constantly shake my head at folks who feel compelled to order anything and everything "free."
Excellent points, I agree.

I only order free mags that I intend to read, and I always recycle them at the local hospital.

I hate waste.

But I do fit your "free" addict comment......

No offense taken.
Old 10-26-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I like free stuff. I sign up for virtually every free magazine I am even remotely interested in. But the ones I don't like, I take to work and drop them on the table in the break room where 200+ can take them, or to the library where there's a magazine swap. That said, I haven't signed up for any of the ones on this page, I am trying to slow down.
Old 10-26-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I only get mags that have something of interest to me or friends.

At work I deliver Sporting News, Latina, Video Business and a few others to friends and my daughter gives her best friend a horse magazine. I give my father car mags (after I'm done with them) and golf mags and my mother gets some home-related mags. The next door neighbor gets Horticulture.
Old 10-27-06, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i grabbed an INTERVIEW renewal, thanks!
Old 10-28-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams...it's a complimentary one-year subscription to Robb Report:

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10193

The mission of this magazine is to be the leading international authority on luxury lifestyles. In pursuit of this mission, the magazine's editors and writers seek out and report on a broad range of high-end, luxury lifestyle subjects. Its articles cover exotic automobiles, travel, investment, business, boating and real estate among other aspects of an upscale lifestyle.

Robb Report, what makes the good life great. Every issue features the best in automobiles, yachts, airplanes, watches and jewelry, wine and spirits and much more.
Old 10-28-06, 06:26 PM

Guys I am new to the whole free subscription to magazines. So enlighten me please. I am looking for magazines like fhm,stuff,sports illustrated etc,elle,cosmopolitan for my girlfriend etc. So are these magazines for free, and you don't have to pay anything? how does it work?

Any links to the above mentioned would be great

Any answers to my stupid questions.
Old 10-28-06, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by sid369
Guys I am new to the whole free subscription to magazines. So enlighten me please. I am looking for magazines like fhm,stuff,sports illustrated etc,elle,cosmopolitan for my girlfriend etc. So are these magazines for free, and you don't have to pay anything? how does it work?

Any links to the above mentioned would be great

Any answers to my stupid questions.

Your looking for those mags for your girlfriend?

Most if not all the mags you mentioned are on page one of this thread! Enjoy!

Just follow the links from page one, they are risk free. Some are a little more of a pain in the butt to sign up for than others ( freebiz ) Most of them are quick and painless. This is kind of a sickness, once you start to get free mags, you wont want to stop. Here's to you giving your mailman the same back problems mine now has

Last edited by mrmagoo; 10-28-06 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-28-06, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=mrmagoo]Your looking for those mags for your girlfriend?

You know...most girlfriends like to check out FHM & STUFF to check outthe latest fashions to see what to wear around the apartment (doesn't everyone dress like those girls?).
Old 10-28-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams...it's a complimentary one-year subscription to Robb Report:

http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10193

The mission of this magazine is to be the leading international authority on luxury lifestyles. In pursuit of this mission, the magazine's editors and writers seek out and report on a broad range of high-end, luxury lifestyle subjects. Its articles cover exotic automobiles, travel, investment, business, boating and real estate among other aspects of an upscale lifestyle.

Robb Report, what makes the good life great. Every issue features the best in automobiles, yachts, airplanes, watches and jewelry, wine and spirits and much more.
Has it gotten easier to get these subscriptions to work lately. I've never had one work on Freebiz, and was only once successful on Mercury. I haven't tried any of these in over a year. I tried to get 3 subs through Mercury using the same email address and they all worked. I haven't tried a Freebiz one yet.

What are the odds in actually receiving any of these in the mail?
Old 10-28-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe Robb Report is free. I did some car pix for them once and they sent me some copies (and $$). As I recall the subscription rate was $75 or so for a year.
Old 10-29-06, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Hopefully, Robb Report isn't too "high and mighty" for my poor ass.

I also recycle all of my magazines by giving them to friends, who end up giving them to other friends or doctor's offices.
Old 10-29-06, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With all of these complimentary subscriptions for one year, how does this work? Do I have to cancel after the year or else I will get charged? I started to get Rolling stone a few months ago, which I do not want. I haven't been charged for it, but I am afraidI might be in the future.
Old 10-29-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Eventually you will get a renewal notice. Just toss it [unless you want to renew]. Or just keep renewing so the point is moot [I'm getting FHM till 2029.]
My renewal notices are from a third party [and are not very good terms, so if I were to renew, it wouldn't be from them].
This differs from the 'four issues free' trials the magazines themselves offer, in that those are 'opt-out', you have to send back in the invoice marked 'cancel'.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.