Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

10% off Target Dec. 5 for Seniors/Disabled

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-06, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a one hour deal (8-9am) that my Target has every year & I've found that pretty much all Targets nationwide that I've checked do it the same day. No matter what the sale price you get 10% additionally off. They open & the sale is for seniors & disabled only. They also usually have goodies to eat, a Santa to take pics with & just about every year I've gotten at least one free gift card. Lots of times at the pharmacy they have a bag of goodies & it's in there but I think they just handed them out as you walked in last year.
Old 12-02-06, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so you're saying, me and my grandma can go buy a dvd for 10% off?? or does she have to be alone?
Old 12-02-06, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
so you're saying, me and my grandma can go buy a dvd for 10% off?? or does she have to be alone?

First year or two that they held this they opened an hour early & only allowed seniors/disabled in. I believe that since then they open the store for everyone at the usual 8am but the sale is good only for an hour & if you want 10% off on your dvd better bring gramma unless you are in a wheelchair (like me). I'm getting the Misssion Impossible Season One, POTC: Dead Man's Chest, Rocky CE, Miami Vice & I might even get a Christmas present or two.
Old 12-02-06, 12:09 PM

Age old question, what do they consider a senior? My credit union extended benefits at age 50, other companies wait until age 65. Anyone know about Target?
Old 12-02-06, 12:26 PM

I have never heard of this, its worth checking into. How did you get the gc? How much was it for? My Dad is blind and it might be worth it to stop in and buy a few gifts.
~Tricia
Old 12-02-06, 08:40 PM

That's the first i've heard about the Target deal. But they do have a similar deal at shopko, where generally the first wednesday of every month they have a senior day that goes all day and gives an extra 15% off of everything.
Old 12-02-06, 10:05 PM

Apparently Walmart does this as well.
~Tricia
Old 12-03-06, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't know the age Target considers "senior". I'd just call your local Target & ask if they're having the senior/disabled shopping special Dec. 5 & how old you have to be? As for the GC it's usually a $5 giftcard but that's not guaranteed. They handed them out as you came in the door (inside of a bag with samples, coupons etc...).
Old 12-03-06, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI - it's inTarget's flyer this week (small print bottom of last page) and it says 8-10am