DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Looking for deals on dress shirts (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/482231-looking-deals-dress-shirts.html)

gmal2003 10-30-06 04:52 PM

Looking for deals on dress shirts

I wear suits about 3-4 times a week and need to retire my many old/torn out dress shirts. I think I should buy about 10 whites, 10 cremes and other colors as needed. Im looking for a deal on said dress shirts. Even if it isnt the best quality, a plain white dress shirt under my suit will do me just fine. Of course, good quality shirts at a great price would be even better.

Thanks in advance

DVD Josh 10-30-06 05:37 PM

Best bet is to go to the local mall and hit all the dept. stores. There should be plenty of clearance shirts. Try TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross as well. Also, Van Hussen and Geoffrey Beane have outlet stores, try them for deals as well.

Hud 10-30-06 05:59 PM

I've gotten some great deals at Marshall's, a couple different outlet stores, and the clearance rack at Macy's. It might take some vigilance to find exactly what you're looking for, though.

gmal2003 10-30-06 10:08 PM

Thanks for the responses thus far. Keep em coming. I was thinking about going to a Van Hussen outlet. My problem is that I have really long arms (38 1/2 inches).

timewaster 10-31-06 01:19 PM

where do u live?
Century 21 in NYC always has a ton of good shirts discounted

Duran 11-03-06 02:08 PM

Costco can be a decent place to pick up some shirts, but I doubt they have 38.5" arm sizes.

Walter Neff 11-03-06 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Duran
Costco can be a decent place to pick up some shirts, but I doubt they have 38.5" arm sizes.

They might. Commensurate with their tubs of candy and barrels of ice cream, Costco only seems to stock giant-sized clothes for men. As someone who wears small T-shirts and sweatshirts, 14.5"-32/33 dress shirts and 30" pants, I can hardly ever buy clothes at Costco.

shelland 11-03-06 06:14 PM

Do you have Kohls in the area? I always have good luck with clothes at Kohls. Just bought a couple shirts that came with ties on sale for $20. They're always running great sales, and if you watch, you can get "extra" deals - 15% off your entire purchase for example, even off sale prices.

They just had a deal end where for every $50 you spend you got a $10 coupon to spend on a future visit. They do that a few times a year. You could buy several shirts, then come back and get a few more for "free" a few days later. We spent $250 on clothes for the family, then the next weekend I put $50 in coupons towards a Columbia coat that was on sale for $70 (with $120 tag price). My favorite coat I now own cost me $20. :thumbsup:

I know you can get great deals at Marshalls and TJ Maxx, but we both hate them because we can't stand how cluttered and unorganized they are. I've gotten a few nice Polo shirts at Sams Club for great prices (for Polo). Not sure if you can to pay for Polo if you're wearing it under a suit though...