DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Chick Fil A Million Nugget Giveaway (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/479598-chick-fil-million-nugget-giveaway.html)

fryinpan1 10-23-06 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by djmont
If someone gets the nugget tray, let us know how big it is, please. I won one, too. :)

I won a small tray last year and they are big. They cost around $20-$30 in the store and can probably feed four people.

mndtrp 10-24-06 05:13 AM

It's about the size of a medium pizza box, an inch or two deep. It's definately a lot of chicken nuggets.

Trevor 10-24-06 06:29 AM

I played every day last year, never won a thing except for that initial free DP.

I told my partner at work, he played, and won like 5 trays over a month period.

This year, I didn't remind my co-worker.

tonyc3742 10-24-06 07:10 AM

I won a free Dr Pepper [which I don't drink] the first day, since then, nada : (
Share some luck my way, I actually like ChicFilA's nuggets.

trudeaup 10-24-06 08:46 AM

Dr Pepper

I've played for 9 days now and won 7 Dr. Pepper coupons (I think).
Most times I visit the link, it tells me I've won a Dr. Pepper coupon but no tray.

Are they just going to send me one Dr. Pepper coupon that I won initially or 7 of them?

Renee 10-24-06 10:11 AM

I think that the free Dr Pepper is won when playing on a new computer (or one on which the cookie is missing.) I was puzzled by all of the Dr Pepper wins, as it's not even listed as an available prize. I know you "win" one after you first sign up for the promo, but I haven't won one since.

This past weekend, I played on a new computer while visiting family, and I won a free Dr Pepper! In fact, both accounts we have won a free Dr Pepper! So, I think it must have something to do with playing that email address for the first time on any given computer?

Trudeaup- are you playing on public computers, or does your system remove cookies on a daily basis?

Brent L 10-24-06 02:59 PM

Well, I finally won a tray! Of course, it took me trying about ten different email addresses every single day, but I finally did it. :p

I also got my first Dr. Pepper coupon in the mail today.

runner001 10-24-06 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Renee
I think that the free Dr Pepper is won when playing on a new computer (or one on which the cookie is missing.) I was puzzled by all of the Dr Pepper wins, as it's not even listed as an available prize. I know you "win" one after you first sign up for the promo, but I haven't won one since.

This past weekend, I played on a new computer while visiting family, and I won a free Dr Pepper! In fact, both accounts we have won a free Dr Pepper! So, I think it must have something to do with playing that email address for the first time on any given computer?

Trudeaup- are you playing on public computers, or does your system remove cookies on a daily basis?

curious. what folder/location are the cookies ususally stored for IE?

hdtv00 10-24-06 09:07 PM

Damn it , its no fair I WANT A TRAY....lol.

indiansbsa 10-24-06 10:51 PM

coupon for the tray came in like two weeks. This is a great promotion folks :)

collven 10-25-06 02:09 AM

I clear my cookies every day and I win something every day, usually a drink. I won one nugget tray so far I think.

runner001 10-25-06 05:01 AM

wow. that's really stupid that they do that. so this isn't really a "contest" and there really is no chance of winning any trip.

i just deleted all my cookies and all of a sudden, I won a DP on both my accounts.

trudeaup 10-25-06 07:27 AM

Thanks for responding Renee.
I use my work laptop when playing this promo. No one else uses it.
I didn't think to remove cookies after playing each time, do you recommend it?

Renee 10-25-06 11:16 AM

I haven't really experimented with this at all. I just found it odd that so many people were reporting multiple Dr Pepper wins, as the terms of the contest only mention the college game trips and small nugget trays as prizes.

I know that all first time registrants win Dr Pepper, and I was suprised when both of my accounts "won" this when I played on another IP address and computer. I thought that perhaps the cookies were to blame. It seems likely, except for trudeaup's latest response.

As for whether or not you should clear your cookies to increase your wins, it all depends on how much you like Dr Pepper! I haven't cleared my cookies at all, and I won a small nugget tray while playing on my home computer. With the exception of the initial Dr Pepper and the additional one this weekend while playing at my dad's, that's all I've won.

Collven reports clearing cookies every day and still winning a nugget tray. So, it would seem that you still have a shot at the better prize that way. I definitely wouldn't accept a free Dr Pepper every day if it ruled out the possibility of winning the $20 nugget tray.

devilshalo 10-25-06 07:51 PM

Still nothing.. fuck Chik-fil-a... I'm eating a cow. :mad:

collven 10-26-06 03:53 AM

Another DP tonight (well, this morning, I gotta get some sleep). It never occured to me until I posted yesterday that clearing my cookies had anything to do with winning everytime. I hope it doesn't kill my chances for the nuggets again. I can't remember how many times I played before I won the nuggets.

tonyc3742 10-26-06 06:55 AM

I just cleared my cookies, and used IE, and won a free dr pepper. No food though.

sniper308 10-26-06 07:44 PM

I play about 6 email addresses when I remember to do it... and clear cookies and cache in between every attempt. I've won 1 tray and every other try has been a DP since I started clearing cache... but before I started clearing them it would be hit or miss between nothing and a DP...

Sorraffy 10-26-06 09:14 PM

cashed in my tray offer this morning and have been eating on it all day (still even have some left at this moment) so it's well worth the 20$ value. But i did get a large cookies and cream milk shake with it, just to buy something

fryinpan1 10-27-06 07:10 AM

I just won a trip for two to the championship game for either the ACC, Big 12, or SEC where I will compete for a chance to throw for up to $1 million. Seriously! Apparently, I will be contacted by phone or registered mail within a week to verify eligibility.

princessducky 10-27-06 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
I just won a trip for two to the championship game for either the ACC, Big 12, or SEC where I will compete for a chance to throw for up to $1 million. Seriously! Apparently, I will be contacted by phone or registered mail within a week to verify eligibility.

Congrats! Very nice win! :)

Rainmaker 10-27-06 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by fryinpan1

Nice!! :thumbsup:

And I was just happy that I finally won a small nugget tray today.

jdodd 10-27-06 12:44 PM

Been trying pretty much every day. Won a Dr. Pepper the first day, nothing since. Just tried it today and won a small tray.

People really DO win.

devilshalo 10-27-06 12:46 PM

I'm still gonna eat a cow. :mad:

IDrinkMolson 10-31-06 06:58 PM

I finally got a small nugget tray! And I'm only using 1 account.
Mmmm. :hungry: