Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Ever Bought A Coupon Off Of Ebay?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-06, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOt sure where this fit the best but I'm about to spend a couple of bucks on a circuit city coupon for 40 bucks off 200 dollar purchase off of ebay but wanted to know if anyone's had any experience using these? Or are they for specific stores or is a just big scam I've never heard of.

Figure it'd be a pretty good scam cuz I'm sure most people wouldn't bother disputing it or doing anything about if it didin't work since it's only a couple bucks. Figured if anyone would know it's you dvd talkers.
Old 09-13-06, 01:05 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by phatboy
NOt sure where this fit the best but I'm about to spend a couple of bucks on a circuit city coupon for 40 bucks off 200 dollar purchase off of ebay but wanted to know if anyone's had any experience using these? Or are they for specific stores or is a just big scam I've never heard of.

Figure it'd be a pretty good scam cuz I'm sure most people wouldn't bother disputing it or doing anything about if it didin't work since it's only a couple bucks. Figured if anyone would know it's you dvd talkers.
The best way is to check the seller's feedback ratings. Then check some of the recent feedbacks for auctions he/she's gotten. If they look good, they probably are. I've bought Staples and Dell coupons and they've all worked.
Old 09-13-06, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by audisseus
The best way is to check the seller's feedback ratings. Then check some of the recent feedbacks for auctions he/she's gotten. If they look good, they probably are. I've bought Staples and Dell coupons and they've all worked.
That about sums it up. I've bought Dell coupons before and had no problems.
Old 09-13-06, 07:32 AM
Pip

I picked up a Dell coupon as well. Only problem I had was completely my fault - my SPAM filter dumped the thing into my Junk Mail folder without me realizing it so I thought it hadn't arrived.
Old 09-13-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I purchased a Six Flags coupon a few months back for a buy 1 get 1 free ticket. Was well worth the three bucks since 6 of us went to the park for $150 instead of $300!
Old 09-13-06, 09:49 AM

I think you've gotten all the answers you're looking for, but just to top it off, I've sold coupons on ebay, and that was legit too...
Old 09-13-06, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to sell coupons for baby formula (they would send me these coupons for free cans, but my kids were breastfed), and would buy coupons for huggies. Never had any troubles. These were all pretty small dollar amounts though.

Just a sidenote - if you ever want to build up your ebay rating, check out auctions for coupons, postcards, or coins. About a dollar each, shipping included.
Old 09-13-06, 11:59 AM

The coupon auctions are always good for a laugh. Nothing beats two people getting into a heated bidding war and driving the price of a $50 coupon up to $55.
Old 09-13-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

never had troubles...look for someone with big positive feedback
Old 09-13-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was always curious about this too. Haven't ever done it, but I just might consider it now.
Old 09-14-06, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've bought HomeDepot and Lowes coupons on EBAY. Also sold some of those FREE Coke ones. No issues. Once I got a fake printer coupon, but I think I got refunded.
Old 09-14-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

why do the people that are selling coupons havfe this in theiri disclaimer?

I AM NOT SELLING THE COUPON, YOU'RE BIDDING ON MY TIME FOR ACQUIRING

When they are clearly shipping you a coupon
Old 09-14-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ANDREMIKE
why do the people that are selling coupons havfe this in theiri disclaimer?

I AM NOT SELLING THE COUPON, YOU'RE BIDDING ON MY TIME FOR ACQUIRING

When they are clearly shipping you a coupon
To attempt to free themselves from liability if the manufacturer of said coupon decides they're breaking the rules of the coupon, which usually state something about not being sold or tranferred. I can't imagine anyone to bother to prosecute for this, but you never know...
Old 09-15-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought I would throw in my 2cents as well. I have purchased many coupons on ebay, from Home Depot and Lowes, to CC and Dell, Never had a problem as long as you get a good seller.

I think alot of them have to put that in their auction, cause the actual cash value of most coupons are like 1/20th of a cent, and ebay has some guidelines about coupon sales was the way it was explained to me.

Good luck and enjoy being cheap like me/us
Old 09-24-06, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Most coupons specifically state that they are non transferable or void when transfered. The coupons may be valid but it's not entirely legal. But the coupons are usually legit and work.

I've seen a lot of coupon sellers on eBAY selling sunday paper manufacturer coupons (20 of the same coupon) for 99 cents or less. I can't see how they make much off of these autions. Even if they don't pay for the newspapers, the eBAY insertion fee is 30 cents, final auction fee another 5%, and if they pay by paypal thats another 30 cents plus a %. Seem like a lot of work for the 25 cents or so that they'll make.
Old 09-27-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I bought some Smoothie King coupons a few months ago and paid about $3 for shipping. They came regular mail in an envelope with a 39-cent stamp. That's how they make their money.

I don't mind because when I use the last 4 coupons, I'll have gotten about $30 worth of free smoothies.
Old 10-03-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just a FYI: I used to work for Home Depot. The 10% coupons off of Ebay are illegal reproductions and may not be accepted depending on the store. Some of them may be legit but all of them that I have seen are copies. But of course YMMV.