Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Deal (maybe?) on membership to 24Hour Fitness

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm normally a trail runner, but I went in as a guest today to check out some new shoes I got. I sat trhough one of their guys 15 minute shpeel before I got to workout. I didn't entend to entertain the notion of joining but when he went over the plans at the end I thought one was a rather good deal - at least in the long run.

The ammount may seem startling, but for someone thinking they will be a long term member this seems like a bargain.

The terms were:
- $700 (can paid be in 2 payments but within a month)
- 3 years all club membership
- 5 meetings with a personal trainer (I probably won't use this, but some may want to)
- $50 renewal per year after the completion

Someone tell me if this is a deal or not. The guy who was selling me said that they sometimes have deals, (last month it was $600 for the same thing without the personal trainer part).
Old 08-27-06, 09:32 PM

well, my gym is a bit over 500 for the year. so if you will be paying 700 for three years, then yeah, that's a deal. plus, 50 to renew to your membership for a year...that's sweet.

this is considering if you use the gym, because if my gym had this deal, in the long run it would be worth it, but many people never stick around.
Old 08-28-06, 02:57 AM

That deal has been around for years. But I heard it was hard to get, because that's like the absolute last offer they give. Usually they try to get more $$ out of you. But I've got a bunch of family members who are on that plan. Very very worthwhile if you use it.
Old 08-29-06, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make sure it is for All of the clubs (including Ther Super ones). They tend to get you and say all clubs but then can't get into all of them.
I go to 24 Hour Fitness but for all the money you pay their clubs are rundown and the equipment is old.
Old 08-29-06, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It cost me $900 for 3 yrs., all the kits, 5 meetings with a personal trainer (still don't have time to use it yet), and $25 renewal per year after the completion. Yeah, i still have 2 yrs. and 3 months b4 mine renewal start
Old 09-05-06, 05:59 PM

I did this deal about 10 years back - it was $800/3 years, then $99/year renewal for all clubs - and it's still a good deal. I didn't bother switching to the new deal becauase it would take about 10 years to start realizing a savings.