Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Free Shick Quattro Titanium Razor

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Free Shick Quattro Titanium Razor

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Still waiting for mine.
Old 10-09-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also got two of these and found them extremely frustrating. It is definitely a close shave, when it isn't clogged up. I tried tapping it on the sink, wiping it with a tissue, swishing it in the water, running it under the water from various angles, and nothing seemed to dislodge the shavings/cream. I agree with the other posters that the Mach 3 gives just as close a shave and doesn't take nearly as long. Whomever invented those little wires to hold the four blades should be forced to use this razor for a year!
Old 10-10-06, 07:52 AM

Got mine and it is pretty nice. I need a new blade too, very nice timing.
Old 10-10-06, 08:17 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by boc4ever
I also got two of these and found them extremely frustrating. It is definitely a close shave, when it isn't clogged up. I tried tapping it on the sink, wiping it with a tissue, swishing it in the water, running it under the water from various angles, and nothing seemed to dislodge the shavings/cream. I agree with the other posters that the Mach 3 gives just as close a shave and doesn't take nearly as long. Whomever invented those little wires to hold the four blades should be forced to use this razor for a year!

EXACTLY. The damned thing clogs up, and becomes basically useless after about 3-4 swipes of my face. Enough with the zillion blades...
Old 10-10-06, 05:19 PM

I finally got mine today. I forgot that I had Schick a few years ago and hated it. I never understood those wires, they just seemed to get in the way. Oh well, it will be a fine back up for when I'm to cheap to buy new Mach 3 blades for a while.
Old 10-10-06, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Mine will sometimes clog but I've found that the shorter the hairs, the less it clogs. If you're trying to shave longer hairs then that could be your problem. Try not to go too long between shaves. Also, I only use mine in the shower so after two or three good long passes, I turn it it around with the back towards the showerhead and it clears just fine. Mind you, I only use it on my head for the "kojak look" and I use Headblade shave cream which is silky smooth and great for the head and face.

You could also use an old toothbrush, and poke the bristles in from the behind to clear hair blockages if it's that bad.
Old 10-11-06, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Mine will sometimes clog but I've found that the shorter the hairs, the less it clogs. If you're trying to shave longer hairs then that could be your problem. Try not to go too long between shaves. Also, I only use mine in the shower so after two or three good long passes, I turn it it around with the back towards the showerhead and it clears just fine. Mind you, I only use it on my head for the "kojak look" and I use Headblade shave cream which is silky smooth and great for the head and face.

You could also use an old toothbrush, and poke the bristles in from the behind to clear hair blockages if it's that bad.
I am definitely guilty of waiting long, but it just seems like way to much work for something that is supposed to be so convenient! The Mach 3 didn't seem to clog that quickly, I could shave my whole face without it being inoperable...
Old 10-14-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I forgot about this thing and it showed up. No problem with clogs and it is better than my Mach 3 on my neck. I have a new razor I will be sticking with.

I'm surprised about the clog comments. I have a pretty scruffy face that is pretty tough to shave, but this handled it fine.
Old 10-14-06, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by boc4ever

Have gotten 2 of these now...and each was good for about 3/4 of a shave...after that it's too clogged up to be effective. Those little wires just seem to trap all the hair and won't let them out. Like you, I found it impossible to clean the thing out. Good thing for free samples, showed me what not to buy in the future.
Old 10-14-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ditto on the clogging. i have to shave nearly every day because i have to wear a respirator at work so i can't be accused of waiting too long to shave. i'm glad i had the opportunity to try it for free though because if i paid for it i would be upset. thanks again to the original poster.
Old 10-21-06, 01:37 AM

What A Piece of Crap !!

Don't They Test These ?

Clogs Up after Every Use !!!!

Can't Unclog because of the structures between the blades !

way overpriced as freebies !!!!
Old 10-21-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
I got a ton of these for free at CVS. i have probably 60 replacement cartridges. The product is horrible though. I have about a years supply if not more. When I run out of them i definetly won't buy them.
Old 10-21-06, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by movieguru
I got a ton of these for free at CVS. i have probably 60 replacement cartridges. The product is horrible though. I have about a years supply if not more. When I run out of them i definetly won't buy them.
How'd you get 'em for free? I'd like to know 'cause I like the razor.

Question for you Clog victims, have you used the Fusion razor? I've been thinking of trying it too and I noticed the blades are closer so it would seem clogging is more likely.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-21-06 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-21-06, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
How'd you get 'em for free? I'd like to know 'cause I like the razor.

Question for you Clog victims, have you used the Fusion razor? I've been thinking of trying it too and I noticed the blades are closer so it would seem clogging is more likely.
They had a promotion going where you buy the razor ($8.99) and you get $8.99 in "Extra Bucks" back 2 days after purchase. I combine it with manufacturer coupons "buy titanium razor get 4 count cartridges for free". I bough one razor then when I got the "Extra bucks", I used them to buy the razor and the free cartridges again. Repeated the process for the number of weeks they were running the promotion.

They have free promotions like this all the time. This week you can get $20 in "Extra Bucks" by buying $20 worth of select One a Day vitamins and Bayer products. The Titanium razor offer has been coming up once every 3 weeks or so in some variation.
Old 10-21-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ok, cool. I'll keep an eye out.
Old 10-25-06, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A couple weeks ago I received my Quattro Titanium Razor (it seems to work fine by the way) and today I come home and i have a Gillette Fusion in my mailbox! Sweet!
Old 10-27-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
Finally got mine..
Old 10-27-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They had a promotion going where you buy the razor ($8.99) and you get $8.99 in "Extra Bucks" back 2 days after purchase. I combine it with manufacturer coupons "buy titanium razor get 4 count cartridges for free". I bough one razor then when I got the "Extra bucks", I used them to buy the razor and the free cartridges again. Repeated the process for the number of weeks they were running the promotion.

They have free promotions like this all the time. This week you can get $20 in "Extra Bucks" by buying $20 worth of select One a Day vitamins and Bayer products. The Titanium razor offer has been coming up once every 3 weeks or so in some variation.
Sounds like after all that work you may get a complete shave 2 maybe 3 times.
Old 10-27-06, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
i dont know if i mentioned.. but i got mine in the mail

total piece of crap
as others said.. its constantly clogged up.. and its a rough shave
my mach3 with a dull blade does a better job than this pos
which is fine, because i got 3 or 4 of the mach3 razors during the free stuff... and have a ton of blades that corrie bought at sam's club

good to see its still the best option
Old 11-01-06, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

dern thing nicked my berry basket. anyone have a good lawyer?
Old 11-01-06, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by heavywear
dern thing nicked my berry basket. anyone have a good lawyer?

That sounds like just the kind of case that would be Bandoman's specialty.
Old 11-01-06, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Giantrobo, they're on sale through Saturday this week for $2.99 after the "extra bucks".
Old 11-04-06, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Giantrobo, they're on sale through Saturday this week for $2.99 after the "extra bucks".
Cool thanks.