Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Buy 100$ in dockers get a portable dvd player

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Buy 100$ in dockers get a portable dvd player

Old 08-10-06, 10:52 AM
  #51  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgot to add that I got 2 of these units like many others on FW.
Old 08-10-06, 12:36 PM
  #52  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmagoo
If you call and complain, they will send should send you the 8" with tv tuner. The fat wallet thread is going ballistic, because people that were promised the 8" are getting the one you got and are sending them back for replacements.

Unless your happy with what you got?
I'm fine with what I got. It's for my two small boys and they don't care. If it were for me then yes I would complain.
Old 08-16-06, 06:14 PM
  #53  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 498
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone on this forum receive the 8" player? No one at Fatwallet has received anything but the 7" Coby.
Old 08-16-06, 09:29 PM
  #54  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Batavia, New York USA
Posts: 780
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
Did anyone on this forum receive the 8" player? No one at Fatwallet has received anything but the 7" Coby.


Mine shipped last week, have not received it yet, but judging by the results over at fat wallet I will probally get the 7" as well. I was told by levi's if that happens that they WOULD make it right. Let's hope they do...
Old 08-17-06, 06:24 PM
  #55  
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD player received

Received my Coby V-ZON TF-DVD7005 yesterday. Seems to work fine. Adds to my life in that I can now watch movies more easily while I'm washing dishes or sitting on the toilet. My one gripe is "Do not charge up the battery pack while the DVD player is working with the battery pack." If I call the complaint number and ask for the 8", will that problem be solved or does the 8" have the same limitation?
Old 08-18-06, 04:35 PM
  #56  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 541
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received the Coby 7" portable player and am debating whether it was worth returning it to try to get the 8" model. Granted 8" is better than 7", but if I didn't care about using the TV tuner and cared more about the widescreen feature (I believe I read that the 8" model doesn't support widescreen), then would the Coby 7" be the better model for me?
Old 08-18-06, 04:39 PM
  #57  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 71,383
Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts
I got mine yesterday (7"). Not the world's greatest player (doesn't even include cables to connect it to your TV), but for free I'm satisfied.
Old 08-19-06, 11:27 AM
  #58  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Batavia, New York USA
Posts: 780
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by consoleman
I just received the Coby 7" portable player and am debating whether it was worth returning it to try to get the 8" model. Granted 8" is better than 7", but if I didn't care about using the TV tuner and cared more about the widescreen feature (I believe I read that the 8" model doesn't support widescreen), then would the Coby 7" be the better model for me?



There is one other difference you failed to mention. The 8" player will play DIVX. If that is not a big deal for you, then the 7" player is the player for you
Old 08-23-06, 08:08 AM
  #59  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,500
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
exactly
Im dont care about the tv tuner at all
the 1 inch difference isnt a show stopper

the lack of divx support is the HUGE one for me
Old 08-25-06, 08:05 AM
  #60  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 541
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone managed to return their 7" for the 8"?
Old 08-25-06, 02:28 PM
  #61  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Batavia, New York USA
Posts: 780
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by consoleman
Has anyone managed to return their 7" for the 8"?

Even though it supposedly shipped about 2 weeks ago, I have not received either one yet....
Old 09-08-06, 11:32 AM
  #62  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Lawrence, MA
Posts: 1,090
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Just received a letter from Levi Strauss saying that they are sending UPS to pick up my 7" player, and they'll ship me the 8" version within the next two weeks.
Old 10-02-06, 05:28 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Lawrence, MA
Posts: 1,090
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
UPS came and picked up my 7" player today. And coincidently I also got a letter today from Levi Strauss saying that the 8" players have been slightly delayed, and should arrive around Oct. 15th.
Old 10-07-06, 12:53 PM
  #64  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Batavia, New York USA
Posts: 780
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
UPS came and picked up my 7" player today. And coincidently I also got a letter today from Levi Strauss saying that the 8" players have been slightly delayed, and should arrive around Oct. 15th.





I have not received a player yet, although it supposedly shipped along time ago, however I got 2 letters from levi's. I got one about a month ago saying I would have it about the first week in Oct. And I also got the letter described above by "Alanstar".
Old 10-07-06, 10:37 PM
  #65  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over at FW one person just received the 8" Player:

8.4 inch Wide screen LCD (16:9)
plays DVD/CD/SVCD/VCD/MP3/MP4/DIVX
USB port
TV receiver (PAL/NTSC/SeCAM)
Car antenna for TV
DVD output port
Headphones
AV cable
Remote control
Lithium Battery with 120 min backup
Silver color
Made in china (no brand)

Hopefully everybody finally receives theirs.
Old 10-08-06, 10:02 AM
  #66  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Batavia, New York USA
Posts: 780
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keys88
Over at FW one person just received the 8" Player:

8.4 inch Wide screen LCD (16:9)
plays DVD/CD/SVCD/VCD/MP3/MP4/DIVX
USB port
TV receiver (PAL/NTSC/SeCAM)
Car antenna for TV
DVD output port
Headphones
AV cable
Remote control
Lithium Battery with 120 min backup
Silver color
Made in china (no brand)

Hopefully everybody finally receives theirs.





I would be VERY happy with that player!
Old 10-09-06, 03:52 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Lawrence, MA
Posts: 1,090
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Just got mine in today, and it's exactly as what's listed above. It took a little while, but I'm pretty darn happy!

Alan
Old 10-09-06, 04:35 PM
  #68  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Batavia, New York USA
Posts: 780
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Just got mine in today, and it's exactly as what's listed above. It took a little while, but I'm pretty darn happy!

Alan


I was just leaving for the Dentist about an hour ago, and the FedEx man pulled up. I am a happy man. I don't have any cavity's and wont have to see the dentist for another 6 months, AND I also got the 8" player!!!!

One question though, I didnt open it yet, just glanced at the box, but I don't see anything about a TV TUNER, the only "TV" related thing I see is something called a USB TV. Hmmmmmm. I hope it works as a tv tuner as well...
Old 10-09-06, 04:56 PM
  #69  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmagoo
One question though, I didnt open it yet, just glanced at the box, but I don't see anything about a TV TUNER, the only "TV" related thing I see is something called a USB TV. Hmmmmmm. I hope it works as a tv tuner as well...
Yes it works as a TV tuner as well. There is an antenna with a magnetic base that is included. Some people are rigging their cable and getting cable on it also. Your reception will be limited by your local TV channels with the included antenna.
It is also region free for DVD's.
Old 10-09-06, 06:15 PM
  #70  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Batavia, New York USA
Posts: 780
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keys88
Yes it works as a TV tuner as well. There is an antenna with a magnetic base that is included. Some people are rigging their cable and getting cable on it also. Your reception will be limited by your local TV channels with the included antenna.
It is also region free for DVD's.



The manual really SUCKS! I usually consider myself quite smart when it comes to electronics, but I cant even figure out how to get it to tv tuner mode.... LOL


This really made me laugh, did you happen to read the side of the box? One of the features are:

"Delicacy, super thin surface design makes you enjoy super excellent individual lift savor"
Old 10-10-06, 08:06 AM
  #71  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: NJ
Posts: 431
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmagoo
..."Delicacy, super thin surface design makes you enjoy super excellent individual lift savor"
Hey, it's deja vu! (See my post #16 on the first page of this thread.)
Old 10-10-06, 02:34 PM
  #72  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Batavia, New York USA
Posts: 780
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BMAG
Hey, it's deja vu! (See my post #16 on the first page of this thread.)





Dont know how I missed that.

I am hear to tell you, that feature is way overrated

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.