Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Buy 100$ in dockers get a portable dvd player

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Buy 100$ in dockers get a portable dvd player

Old 07-12-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by mrmagoo
Thank you for that website (although it said the same thing, that I was rejected) I sent them a long e-mail, we will see what happens. Thanks again for the website and the fatwallet link
Read through some of the pages. I think about page 14 has some info of people who have called in and gotten them to approve rejected entries.
Old 07-12-06, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
Without the TV tuner, this thing is not anywhere near as useful for me now. Fuck.

My thoughts exactly (well, without the F word)
Old 07-13-06, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Without the TV tuner, this thing is not anywhere near as useful for me now. Fuck.
Just out of curiousity, what do you guys do with the tv tuner on this? do you just want to hook cable tv to it? Or is there some other application that I'm missing that might be useful?
Old 07-13-06, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by illini420
Just out of curiousity, what do you guys do with the tv tuner on this? do you just want to hook cable tv to it? Or is there some other application that I'm missing that might be useful?
Antenna. Makes it a portable tv. Plus you could plug other video devices into it such as a vcr, etc. The other one does have A/V, so it should suit my needs well enough, just would require rf modulation in some situations.

Last edited by exharrison; 07-13-06 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-13-06, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by exharrison
Antenna. Makes it a portable tv. Plus you could plug other video devices into it such as a vcr, etc. The other one does have A/V, so it should suit my needs well enough, just would require rf modulation in some situations.

I guess the antenna idea is pretty good, this would be a sweet portable for the beach.

I just couldn't imagine everyone was complaining because they wanted to use this as a tv at home w/ their cable. Thanks.
Old 07-13-06, 03:51 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Cool, mine qualified. I wonder how long it'll take to ship these out?
Old 07-13-06, 07:32 PM

Speaking of the Tv Tuner....

According to that fat wallet thread, they CHANGED the dvd player. Instead of a 8 " player with tv tuner and a few other really nice features, it looks like this is the player they are using for the promo now.

http://www.portabledvdfordad.com/
Old 07-13-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by illini420
I just couldn't imagine everyone was complaining because they wanted to use this as a tv at home w/ their cable.
Why not? I have a TV and DVD player in just about every room in the house... but not *every* room. I do, however, have cable access in *every* room, save bathrooms. So an 8" w/tuner would have been pretty handy. Move it from the desk while I'm doing some work to the kitchen when I'm making dinner. Easy-peasy.

That's the main reason I was even interested in this. Just a random cheap-ass portable DVD player? I probably wouldn't have bothered.
Old 07-26-06, 08:08 AM

I recomment going to the fatwallet forums page on this:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...hreadid=619766

My status finally showed up with a qualified today, but a number of people have had trouble. Check your status at www.expressgroup.com
According to the whiners over at Fatwallet, the free DVD player is now a 7" 16:9 COBY model which sells for around $90.

http://www.portabledvdfordad.com
Old 07-26-06, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
just checked, and Im qualified

sucks that they downgraded the specs though
not sure who decides what is a comparable value, but a smaller screen, lack of the tv tuner, and no mpeg4 compatability makes this inferior to the point I wouldnt call it comparable.
Old 07-26-06, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by twikoff
not sure who decides what is a comparable value, but a smaller screen, lack of the tv tuner, and no mpeg4 compatability makes this inferior to the point I wouldnt call it comparable.

My thoughts exactly
Old 07-27-06, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk God

btw.. so much for 6-8 weeks to receive the dvd player..
I sent off a message to let them know i wasn't thrilled with the 'comparable' dvd choice and this was the response:

Our records indicate that the submission for your rebate for a
Portable DVD Player
was qualified on 7/11/06. Processing time begins as of the submission’s qualifying date. Processing time varies from offer to offer, but 6-12 weeks is the guideline. Please allow the time frame requested on your rebate form.

We are a 3rd party processing center and cannot control which make and model we are given to distribute.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
so instead of 6-8 weeks from when we sent the form in.. It will be 6-12 weeks from when they listed us as 'qualified' (which in my case, was only a couple weeks ago).
Old 07-27-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is one of the main reasons that companies are moving away from mail-in type rebates and switching to sales/instant rebate situations. In the old days, it was easier to screw people over w/rebates, play the 'ooops, we never received your info' game, or claim that you didn't qualify. The internet makes that much harder...

Plus, who is winning here? I assume the whole point of this was to get some decent love for JC Penny and Dockers. That is, the next time I need pants (or a Father's Day gift or whatever), I'll think -- hey, remember how cool it was when I ordered that stuff for the DVD player?

Instead, it just creates bad blood. The player could take twice as long to arrive as promised and, as far as we can see, will be a pretty mediocre model compared to the specs that were posted when I made my purchase. Apparently, they're satisfied with my intial $100 purchase and don't want/expect me to return?
Old 08-01-06, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by twikoff
btw.. so much for 6-8 weeks to receive the dvd player..
I sent off a message to let them know i wasn't thrilled with the 'comparable' dvd choice and this was the response:

so instead of 6-8 weeks from when we sent the form in.. It will be 6-12 weeks from when they listed us as 'qualified' (which in my case, was only a couple weeks ago).

TWIKOFF, to you and anyone else UNHAPPY about the 7" vs the 8" player, you dont have to take it. I had a lot of problems with getting qualified initially and I was told to go to fatwallet and they would help me. THEY DID! Here is what you can do:

Call 1-800-872-5384

That is Levi. Tell them that you are very upset about the 7" vs the 8" player, and you will be put on a list to get the 8". instead of explaining all this over again, I am just going to copy my last 2 posts that I posted a couple of minutes ago over at fat wallet, that should answer your question. YOU MUST TAKE ACTION, or you either will get a false rejection from them or if you are accepted you will get the lesser quality 7" player. Here are my last 2 posts from this thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...19766&newest=1

Post 1

Well, I just called and expressed my concern over the 7" vs the 8" w/tvtuner. Although i was not given to a manager or anything along those lines, I was assured that my info was being sent to the fulfillment center along with my concern over this problem.

I was also told that they were not prepared for the "overwhelming" support this promo received and they quickly ran out of the 8" players. I was also told that there was "overwhelming" feedback considering the 7" vs 8" players.

The customer care person was VERY polite (and knowledgeable) and told me that if were to receive the 7" player and I was not happy with it, that I could call them back (LEVI) the phone # I quoted above, and they would DEFINETLY exchange players for me, because they are currently in the process of ordering a ton more of the 8" players. (my guess is alot of people called in) She also gave me the following # to call 1 888 632 7575 which you may recognize as the express group #, and they would be able to tell me if my player shipped or not, and which player it was. She said the players should start shipping REAL soon, but she believes they have not started yet. All and all, I thought it was a very positive call except for the fact that no matter how much I pushed, I was not put on a special list to GUARENTEE me an 8" nor was my info sent to any sort of managioral staff

Post 2

Your not going to believe this. No sooner did I press SEND to post that post above that I got a call back from Levi's (within about 5 minutes of when I ended the call) the same customer care young lady called to tell me that she put my name on a special "list" for the 8" players. She anticipated the list getting real long real fast, so she wanted to put me on top! After I thanked her about a hundred times, and proposed marriage to her, I asked if they received ALOT of negative feedback about this, and she kind of giggled and said "yeah, you could say that"

Here is the odd part. Appearently that list I was put on will not guarentee me the 8" player INITIALLY, but if I am sent the 7", I just IMMEDIATLY call her back (she said it was important to call to complain ASAP) and I would be sent the 8" right away, NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Also she confirmed that shipping will DEFINETLY start next week for this promo!!!

Seriously dvdtalkers, if you feel you got screwed (which we pretty much all would have) CALL THAT NUMBER!

Good Luck
Tim
Old 08-01-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk God

good to know
they open at 6am pst.. ill give them a call in the morning

thanks
Old 08-02-06, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad to here your stuff is getting taken care of Magoo
Old 08-02-06, 11:39 AM

Glad to here your stuff is getting taken care of Magoo

That makes 2 of us
Old 08-08-06, 08:57 AM
Cool New Member

This morning I received an email saying that the DVD player shipped via UPS and is due to arrive on 8/9.

Dear ,
Thank you for participating in the following promotional offer:

Free DVD Player w/$100 Men's Dockers Purchase

Your Personal Reference Number is: CXXXXXXX

We are pleased to advise that your merchandise has been shipped today.
Old 08-08-06, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by evilcaptain
This morning I received an email saying that the DVD player shipped via UPS and is due to arrive on 8/9.

Dear ,
Thank you for participating in the following promotional offer:

Free DVD Player w/$100 Men's Dockers Purchase

Your Personal Reference Number is: CXXXXXXX

We are pleased to advise that your merchandise has been shipped today.

I received a shipping e-mail this morning as well, but mine just said that it shipped, it didnt tell me HOW it shipped or an ETA or a tracking #...Doh!
Old 08-08-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is the address they are sending the shipping notice from?
Old 08-09-06, 08:28 AM
Cool New Member

The email add they used for the notice is [email protected].
Old 08-09-06, 08:30 AM
Cool New Member

Check the expressgroup web site to find out if your tracking # is posted there.
Old 08-09-06, 01:58 PM
Cool New Member

I received mine yesterday. It's the 7" version and is made by Coby. Came with a remote, headphones, battery, power cable, and car power cable.

See it in the link below.
http://www.cobyusa.com/product/item....rt_dvd&pscat2=
Old 08-09-06, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by HDTVfor30th
I received mine yesterday. It's the 7" version and is made by Coby. Came with a remote, headphones, battery, power cable, and car power cable.

See it in the link below.
http://www.cobyusa.com/product/item....rt_dvd&pscat2=

If you call and complain, they will send should send you the 8" with tv tuner. The fat wallet thread is going ballistic, because people that were promised the 8" are getting the one you got and are sending them back for replacements.

Unless your happy with what you got?
Old 08-10-06, 09:13 AM
Cool New Member

Yes, I got the 7" Coby yesterday. It works fine.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.