Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Anyone know where I can get a 20% off Lowe's/Home Depot Coupon?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to be remodeling my closet, so I'd love to get a coupon to save myself some money.

I know there is that 10% off Lowe's moving coupon, but that took almost a month to get here when I requested that when we moved.

I see a bunch of people selling these 20% off at Home Depot coupons on ebay, but I don't know if they are just for Home Depot employees. Apparently it is a 20% off entire purchase (up to $2000) at Home Depot, but most Lowe's stores will supposedly accept competitor's coupons.

I was wondering if anyone has one of these lying around that they aren't going to use or knows how I can get one myself. 10% off would be good, 20% would be even better.

I'd be willing to pay the postage.

Thanks

-Brett
Old 05-15-06, 05:36 PM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brett
I see a bunch of people selling these 20% off at Home Depot coupons on ebay, but I don't know if they are just for Home Depot employees.
Why don't you ask them and then buy your coupon off eBay?
Old 05-15-06, 05:59 PM

I did some research about these 20% coupons last night. From what I read, these coupons were given to employees around the holidays and expired on 4/30/06. The ones on ebay have been doctored to show an expiration date of 4/30/07. So it's definitely a big YMMV situation. There are some 10% HD coupons floating around on the net and supposedly you can get one in the moving packet at the post office.

Lots of threads about this at slickdeals.net. I'd check there.
Old 05-15-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by exm
Why don't you ask them and then buy your coupon off eBay?
I sent questions to several sellers, but never got a response.
Old 05-15-06, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by magicmanej
I did some research about these 20% coupons last night. From what I read, these coupons were given to employees around the holidays and expired on 4/30/06. The ones on ebay have been doctored to show an expiration date of 4/30/07. So it's definitely a big YMMV situation. There are some 10% HD coupons floating around on the net and supposedly you can get one in the moving packet at the post office.

Lots of threads about this at slickdeals.net. I'd check there.
Thanks, saw those packets at the P.O this morning, but thought you had to send something in for the coupon, guess I'll stop in again tomorrow morning and grab one.
Old 05-16-06, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, any FREE 10% coupons floating around (prinatable)....I'll pass on the 20% since they are fake now.
Old 05-16-06, 08:03 AM

I printed up 1 of the 20% and used it at lowes last nigh. I didn;t know that it was altered. They took it with no issues. http://www.gonuudle.com/uploads/hd20_trimmed.pdf
Old 05-16-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, I'm surprised they would accept a self-printed coupon.
Especially one that says "scan barcode" and there isn't even a bar code.

I guess I'll just stick to the 10% coupons.

The Home Depot moving one is not in that packet, you need to send away for it, or fill out a form at www.homedepot.com/tenpercent but it says it takes 4-5 weeks to arrive.

Last edited by Brett; 05-16-06 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-16-06, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Brett
The Home Depot moving one is not in that packet, you need to send away for it, or fill out a form at www.homedepot.com/tenpercent but it says it takes 4-5 weeks to arrive.

Brett, sorry that you had a wasted trip to the PO...I was just passing along info that I saw posted on another board.
Old 05-16-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by magicmanej
Brett, sorry that you had a wasted trip to the PO...I was just passing along info that I saw posted on another board.
Not a problem, I drive right by it on the way to work anyways.
Old 05-18-06, 09:41 PM
Cool New Member

I have personally bought and used Home Depot coupons from a seller called "freeroms". Apparently he sells on ebay, but I've never looked. The website I found a couple years ago is: http://www.freeroms.com/home_depot_coupon.html

Both Lowes and HD are available, with limits of $1000 off and $200 off respectively. He has had 20% off ones in the past but not currently. Where or how they come from I have no idea, but the ones I bought were hand-signed and dated to expire roughly one month from the time I received them.

He claims to offer a satisfaction or money back guarantee, though it's never come up. Both times the clerk at HD took them without batting an eye.

Saved about $300 on kitchen cabinets in fall '04, and another $80 on a bathroom vanity set last fall.

FYI, I do not know the guy or have any vested interest in his "enterprise".