Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Cheapest places to buy creatine?

Old 04-21-06, 02:39 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Aostin, TX, USA
Posts: 19,876
Cheapest places to buy creatine?

Friend at work it taking some sort of creatine supplement thingy, and asked me if they sell it at Costco. I couldn't find it at the website... He's got some sort of powder, and I think he said it's like 225 grams per dose.

So, anyone who does this, where do you get it, and what is the cost? Is the "GNC Gold Card" worth doing?
Y2K Falcon is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 03:04 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 286
well if your just looking for the original creatine monohydrate then you can get it at www.1fast400.com

you can browse by the type of supplement of you want. I use this site all the time. great service
enrage is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 03:07 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Minor Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 13,733


Minor Threat is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 03:12 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Aostin, TX, USA
Posts: 19,876
"original creatine monohydrate" Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what he uses.

Ok... what he has is that, "100% powder", from NOW Sports. Are the "powders" the same? Are there different strengths or something? That website you linked has like TONS of brands, capsules/powders...

I think he's just doing the "1 teaspoon in a drink" thing.
Y2K Falcon is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 03:56 PM
  #5  
Moderator
 
heimerSWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,658
1fast400.com is a pretty reputable site--I recommend them. Avoid GNC.

Is there a VitaminShoppe in Austin?
heimerSWT is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 04:02 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 286
look for a dextrose/creatine mixture. you want to have a slight insulin spike in order to transport the creatine to your muscles. the NOW brand isn't known to be the best quality.
if you just get the plain ol' powder, try mixing it with some warm grape or grapefruit juice before working out. you can also use it with your postworkout shake also
enrage is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 04:34 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,618
I have bought other things such as protein powder at bodybuilding.com, not sure how they compare on creatine prices.
Big Dave is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 05:35 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
pretty good deals on ebay
twikoff is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 05:52 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
I wanted to ask a question about creatine, but I didn't really feel like I should start a thread about it.

Someone I know has been changing over the last year, personality wise. While they used to be pretty laid back and easy going, they now explode at the drop of a hat. I don't mean they actually hurt anyone, at least that hasn't happened yet. They are just a lot louder, using bad language (even to parents, etc...), and their face gets very red and it looks like they are literally about to explode.

Over this time, they have started to take things such as No X-Plode (it's a creatine mixture I believe), Zantrex 3, and other such things. I don't believe that they take in enough of water as they should while taking all of this either. They do not have any sort of actual training program either. They just take these things and then they might job inside the house for a few minutes, do a few sit ups and pushups, and maybe use our weight machine for a couple of minutes also. All in all, I'd say it's no more than 10 or 15 minutes a day, if even that.

Anyway, could the stuff that they are taking be the cause of the obvious personality change? It's almost like they are a totally different person. I don't think creatine actually has anything in it that directly effects it, but what if you take it and it gets the blood flowing and all of that, and they have that extra energy? Could that not then lead to someone being more apt to blowing their top, especially if they are almost always in a stressful environment?
Brent L is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 05:53 PM
  #10  
Moderator
 
Geofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: The Village Green
Posts: 39,072
Originally Posted by enrage
well if your just looking for the original creatine monohydrate then you can get it at www.1fast400.com

you can browse by the type of supplement of you want. I use this site all the time. great service
If not www.1fast400.com, then go with www.muscleshoppe.com.

Both are the best around.
Geofferson is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 06:03 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 286
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
I wanted to ask a question about creatine, but I didn't really feel like I should start a thread about it.

Someone I know has been changing over the last year, personality wise. While they used to be pretty laid back and easy going, they now explode at the drop of a hat. I don't mean they actually hurt anyone, at least that hasn't happened yet. They are just a lot louder, using bad language (even to parents, etc...), and their face gets very red and it looks like they are literally about to explode.

Over this time, they have started to take things such as No X-Plode (it's a creatine mixture I believe), Zantrex 3, and other such things. I don't believe that they take in enough of water as they should while taking all of this either. They do not have any sort of actual training program either. They just take these things and then they might job inside the house for a few minutes, do a few sit ups and pushups, and maybe use our weight machine for a couple of minutes also. All in all, I'd say it's no more than 10 or 15 minutes a day, if even that.

Anyway, could the stuff that they are taking be the cause of the obvious personality change? It's almost like they are a totally different person. I don't think creatine actually has anything in it that directly effects it, but what if you take it and it gets the blood flowing and all of that, and they have that extra energy? Could that not then lead to someone being more apt to blowing their top, especially if they are almost always in a stressful environment?
no, those products have no effect on personality. is this person a teenager?

the fat burner may increase one's blood pressure but they won't give someone 'roid rage' (which is an urban legend anyway)
enrage is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 06:32 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Aostin, TX, USA
Posts: 19,876
Originally Posted by heimerSWT
1fast400.com is a pretty reputable site--I recommend them. Avoid GNC.

Is there a VitaminShoppe in Austin?
Actually, there's one like half a mile from his apartment, just north of me, just east of him... I wondered what that place was good for...

Any particular brands you like, Heimer? And how are those recessed lights????
Y2K Falcon is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 07:20 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk God
 
twikoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Right Behind You!!!
Posts: 79,497
speaking of creatine
anyone know anything about the so called 'advanced creatine' tablets?
twikoff is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 07:27 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
No, the person I'm talking about is almost 40 years old.
Brent L is offline  
Old 04-21-06, 07:53 PM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 72
dpsnutrition.com is a pretty good site. Fast shipping and very competitive prices as well as coupons once you order from them. I have been using them for about 6 years now.

For most people that change their attitude after starting supplements it is all mental whether they know they are doing it or if it is just subconsious (sp?). It's that old thing called ego and everybody has one.

Order over $125.00 and get $5.00 off (Enter Promotional Code DPS1)
Order over $200.00 and get $10.00 off (Enter Promotional Code DPS2)
Order over $300.00 and get $18.00 off (Enter Promotional Code DPS3)
Order over $400.00 and get $25.00 off (Enter Promotional Code DPS4)
barroz is offline  
Old 04-24-06, 10:21 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Alexandria, Va/Milpitas, Ca
Posts: 858
Sounds like they are depressed.


Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
No, the person I'm talking about is almost 40 years old.
Barney1234 is offline  
Old 04-24-06, 12:15 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: My Apartment
Posts: 1,116
Originally Posted by Geofferson
then go with www.muscleshoppe.com.
.

I'll save you the time from shopping and comparing all the different sites cuz I've already done the leg work.

I 2nd the muscleshoppe....I've compared about dozen different stores that sell creatine and they have the best rates for the creatine, protein or whatever else your looking for and i calculated the shipping into the rates, belive me I've researcehd. Mind you this is if you want the 5lb bags.

Also bulknutrition has really good prices as well. if you buy 10lbb bags go with muscleshoppe, if you want 5lb bags go with bulk nutrition...the difference is under a dollar but every penny counts. And i've compared the total cost with all the different sites people are talking about and muscleshoppe & bulknutrition are still the best prices accordingly.
phatboy is offline  
Old 04-28-06, 02:11 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Rob V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the lake
Posts: 10,125
No, the person I'm talking about is almost 40 years old.
Thanks, I just spit my Pepsi onto my computer. What a hillarious story - sounds like your friend is just an a$$hole.
Rob V is offline  
Old 04-28-06, 03:39 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Docking Bay 94
Posts: 14,259
You can also look @ www.vitamins.com. They have a bunch of deals (buy 1, get 1; buy 2, get 3; $10 off $50 coupon, free shipping over $100, etc.)
bboisvert is offline  
Old 04-28-06, 11:01 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,391
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
I wanted to ask a question about creatine, but I didn't really feel like I should start a thread about it.

Someone I know has been changing over the last year, personality wise. While they used to be pretty laid back and easy going, they now explode at the drop of a hat. I don't mean they actually hurt anyone, at least that hasn't happened yet. They are just a lot louder, using bad language (even to parents, etc...), and their face gets very red and it looks like they are literally about to explode.

Over this time, they have started to take things such as No X-Plode (it's a creatine mixture I believe), Zantrex 3, and other such things. I don't believe that they take in enough of water as they should while taking all of this either. They do not have any sort of actual training program either. They just take these things and then they might job inside the house for a few minutes, do a few sit ups and pushups, and maybe use our weight machine for a couple of minutes also. All in all, I'd say it's no more than 10 or 15 minutes a day, if even that.

Anyway, could the stuff that they are taking be the cause of the obvious personality change? It's almost like they are a totally different person. I don't think creatine actually has anything in it that directly effects it, but what if you take it and it gets the blood flowing and all of that, and they have that extra energy? Could that not then lead to someone being more apt to blowing their top, especially if they are almost always in a stressful environment?
What's up with the use of 'they'? Do you not know your friend's gender?

Anyway, I recommend CEE (Creatine Ethyl Ester) over Monohydrate any day. It's far more effective.
natevines is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.