Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Super hot deal on VoiP viatalk.com $12.42 per month

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you goto www.viatalk.com and sign up for 1 year of service (plus 2 monts free) for $199.99 and use coupon code RICOKWOWBR you will save $25.00 off and receive all the equipment free. That comes out to $12.42 per month. I have tried the following VoiP companies and this one seems to be the best so for.
Sunrocket - very bad
Vonage - Good but cost to much per month
Packet8 - Good but again cost too much.
ViaTalk - best so far!
Old 03-17-06, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI....one of my friends called and signed up. He asked them to waive the shipping fee and they did. So, the total with coupon code RICOKWOWBR will be reduced by another $9.99.
Old 03-17-06, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry but I failed to let you know that ALL PLANS NOW COME WITH 2 MONTHS FREE. SO, YOU CAN TRY THE SERVER FOR 27.50! Sign up for one month with a rate of $22.95 and receive 2 months free. You will have to pay the Activation fee of $29.95 (call to have the shipping waived $9.95) and use coupon code RICOKWOWBR to save $25.00.

Breakdown.
$22.95 (three months of servce)
-$25.00 (coupon code RICOKWOWBR)
=(-$2.05)
+$29.95 (activation)
+$9.99 (shipping unless you call to have it waived)
Total cost of three months $27.50 (if shipping is waive) $36.45 (if shipping is not waived)
Old 03-17-06, 05:48 PM
Banned

How does this service compare to skype for international calls? anyone try yet?
Old 03-17-06, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm half tempted to do this. I currently have VoiceLine through Net2Phone. While the phone service has been perfectly fine, and I'm grandfathered into $9.99 a month for 300 outgoing minutes plan that is better for me than anything out there, their customer service has to be some of the worst I have ever come across. I wouldn't recomend them to anyone at their current rates....
Old 03-17-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
That's a decent deal, though I disagree wth Sunrocket being described as very bad. They've had their ups and downs, but overall it's a very good service, and a great price. They're giving you 3 months free on their $199 annual plan, so you get 15 months for that price, which includes all fees and taxes. (13.27 a month for 15 months)

While I'm sure it doesn't matter to most, Sunrocket includes unlimited calling to Puerto Rico in addition to Canada and the US. You're also given $3 a month credit for international calling, after that, you have to pay. I've never used it for an international call, so I don't know how it sounds or anything.
Old 03-17-06, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
That's a decent deal, though I disagree wth Sunrocket being described as very bad. They've had their ups and downs, but overall it's a very good service, and a great price. They're giving you 3 months free on their $199 annual plan, so you get 15 months for that price, which includes all fees and taxes. (13.27 a month for 15 months)

While I'm sure it doesn't matter to most, Sunrocket includes unlimited calling to Puerto Rico in addition to Canada and the US. You're also given $3 a month credit for international calling, after that, you have to pay. I've never used it for an international call, so I don't know how it sounds or anything.
Let me say this. I tried SunRocket 2 different times 8 months apart and it was very bad. SunRocket CS & Tech support is located in India whereas ViaTalk is located in the United States. This alone means you can understand them and they get back to you ASAP if you need help. I waited (no kidding) over 6 weeks for SunRocket to get back with me on an issue (I had no service during this time) and they never found out what the problem was. The clarity of the calls really seems like you are using a POTS line and not VoiP. I have never and I mean NEVER had customer service like ViaTalk provides from an online company. They are very nice and always go above and beyond what they need to do to help you. Take it from me that are the best out there to date. Also you get a free 800 number with your service. Now there is only 60 minutes per month for this number. But hell anyonce can call you know for free...atleast the first 60 minutes As for international calls, it sound perfect or at least close to perfect you can get. I call my parents who retired to Mexico and I can not tell the difference.

Last edited by TheKobra; 03-17-06 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-18-06, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If the coupon code RICOKWOWBR does not work you will need to put it in the additional comment section and they will take the $25.00 off your order. It appears they were have some issues with the codes and Customer Service told my friend who signed up for the service. The assured him he would receive credit. This is what I did when I signed up a few weeks ago and they credited it back to my CC.