DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Free USB stick from Microsoft (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/457996-free-usb-stick-microsoft.html)

X 03-07-06 11:31 AM

How much do you want to bet it's only a readable device?

Capn 03-07-06 12:22 PM

thanks...

crazyronin 03-07-06 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by X

Quiet, buzzkill!:mad:
;)

I hope I haven't applied for a thing I will just throw away. Oh well, Its on Bill Gates pony, I think he can afford a few.

p.s. I'd thank the OP in this thread, But I got in on this when it was posted on the freebies thread.

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 03-07-06 10:23 PM

well, took a shot. we'll see what happens.

rfduncan 03-08-06 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by X

Awfully expensive way to send out material don't you think? I mean they could put up to 4GB on a DVD for a heck of a lot less than a write-protected USB thumb drive.

Xander 03-08-06 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Awfully expensive way to send out material don't you think? I mean they could put up to 4GB on a DVD for a heck of a lot less than a write-protected USB thumb drive.

That's what I was thinking. If it was only the material, it'd be way more cost efficient to just send out a disc of some sort.

X 03-08-06 11:46 AM

Except you wouldn't get half a million people ordering a DVD with that material and reading it while trying to figure out how to erase it.

kenbuzz 03-08-06 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by MarineCorps
Heard about this on another forum
Mines on the way

"1, 2, 3, 4, I love MarineCorps"
http://www.rleeermey.com/cgi-bin/dow...e=1234corp.wav

Thanks OP!

spyd3rgt 03-08-06 02:55 PM

A lot of companies send out data on USB drives now. They're usually just sent out to the first 250 or something, though.

Richsand25 03-09-06 01:27 PM

Thanks I gave it a shot..

toucheturtle7 03-18-06 04:31 AM

Thanks OP!

princessducky 03-18-06 08:04 AM

Thanks!

RavenTwo 03-18-06 03:08 PM

In for one, thanks!

yourlocalcinema 05-26-06 12:53 PM

Looks like some of us won't be getting these. Just got this email:

Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last. Supply is depleted at this time, so we encourage you to please utilize the online alternative today.

Simply download* the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly at:

www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

To help simplify Windows Desktop Licensing, keep these points in mind:

There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.
Volume licensing covers Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
OEM operating system licenses live and die with each PC–they are not transferable.

Again, thank you for your interest in Mystery Solved and for helping us spread the word about proper Windows licensing.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Corporation

twikoff 05-26-06 01:00 PM

i got the same email
damn buttholes! i dont want to check out the information online, i wanted to delete the info and keep the stick.. sheesh

of course.. a 2gb usb stick is only $31 now... so Im sure the little one they were giving out isnt worth squat

strife 05-26-06 01:54 PM

got that email too :(

Aphex Twin 05-26-06 02:05 PM

The supplies are gone dude

TheNightFlier 05-26-06 05:25 PM

got the e-mail also.

rsxtreme415 05-26-06 05:45 PM

Thank you for your interest in the valuable Windows Desktop Licensing information pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, we have reached the limit of this offer and are no longer accepting orders. Please download the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly.
=[ ....

jrobinson 05-26-06 05:59 PM

:( me too

mbs 05-26-06 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by twikoff
a 2gb usb stick is only $31 now...

sorry for the off-topic, but... who is selling them this cheap? I'd like to pick up one at that price. Thanks!

SunMonkey 05-26-06 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by yourlocalcinema
Looks like some of us won't be getting these.

The OP over at FW even got the email. I wonder if they sent any of the drives out....

MarineCorps 05-26-06 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by mbs
sorry for the off-topic, but... who is selling them this cheap? I'd like to pick up one at that price. Thanks!

Well newegg is selling 2GB ones for $40 so I'd assume somehwere out there someone is selling them for $31. Rather cheap considering I bought my 1GB one for $80....

Yeah I recived this today also. Rather amused that they bothered to send me an email. Still I wonder if they shipped any out...

runner001 05-26-06 07:11 PM

I agree with SunMonkey. Who here got one of these? I also received this email. I didn't bother searching for this thread to post it but since its already here, I'll add my case too.

Lateralus 05-26-06 07:37 PM

I was on the Microsoft licensing site activating licensing information for the company I work for and I filled out the form at least a week before the FW thread and I did not even get it.