Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Any Dell Coupons Floating Around?

Old 02-20-06, 02:52 PM

Any Dell Coupons Floating Around?

Here is why I ask....

I have been drooling over this monitor for a long time now

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/P...ctlisting.aspx

My friend has the same monitor so I have seen it in action, and being a gamer I was suprised to see that it handles current games with slim to NO ghosting.

I just received an email from dell saying that there is a 20% off deal on select monitors right now (with free shipping). It includes that one, if you click the link it will show you the price WITH discount, its an instant discount, no coupons.

If there were any coupons out there that I could stack on top of this deal, I would be VERY tempted to buy it.

Thanks.
Old 02-20-06, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Check eBay and search for Dell Coupons, they usually cost you $4, but you can save up to $110 depending on which coupon you grab.
Old 02-20-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought the 2005FPW last week and tommorow I'll be getting my third (hopefully last) replacement. Backlight bleeding is a HUGE problem. The replacement on is even worse than the first. If the third one is bad I'm getting a refund. Other than that it is an awsome monitor. It just might take you a few tries to get a good one.
Old 02-20-06, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Thunderball
Check eBay and search for Dell Coupons, they usually cost you $4, but you can save up to $110 depending on which coupon you grab.

This may be a real dumb question so please bare with me. I took your advice and started looking around ebay and found some interesting prospects. Here is one example: http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-SHIP-4-DELL...QQcmdZViewItem

My question is this. These are one time use unique coupons right? So does that mean they are stackable? The auction I posted above comes with 4 35.00 off a 300.00 purchase coupons, so would I be able to use all 4 together for a total of 140.00 off my purchase? It sounds like one of those "to good to be true" kinda things....
Old 02-20-06, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower
I bought the 2005FPW last week and tommorow I'll be getting my third (hopefully last) replacement. Backlight bleeding is a HUGE problem. The replacement on is even worse than the first. If the third one is bad I'm getting a refund. Other than that it is an awsome monitor. It just might take you a few tries to get a good one.

Dont tell me that

My friend bought this monitor about 5 or 6 months ago and his works great, I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope most of thier monitors arent like that. Maybe my friend just got lucky?
Old 02-20-06, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mrmagoo
Dont tell me that

My friend bought this monitor about 5 or 6 months ago and his works great, I am very sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope most of thier monitors arent like that. Maybe my friend just got lucky?

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?...hlight=2005fpw

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?...hlight=2005FPW

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?...hlight=2005fpw

Read those. I hate to burst your bubble but that's how they are. You're friend got lucky. Fortunately Dell has the 21 days no questions asked return policy. My second came in less than 24 hours from when I called to request a replacement and my third will be here tuesday only because they don't ship on the weekends. The 2405 doesn't have the problem unfortunately it is double the price of the 2005.
Old 02-21-06, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

mr magoo : I believe they are stackable. It also is "too good to be true", as I think they are only stackable with other deals not each other. I could be wrong however.
Old 02-27-06, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got one of those dell coupons for a dollar and ist saved me 35+free shipping.

So I was getting a Sony DSC-N1 for 389, too good to be true.

It was, Dell charges tax (lame) but thats still at the bottom price from price grabber so I went ahead.

DSC-N1 Cyber-shot Digital Camera Qty: 1
Unit Price: $499.00

Dell Home Customers: Save 15% off Select Digital Cameras!
Expires on 2006-03-02 11:59:59 - $74.85

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS

Get free ground (3-5 day) shipping on peripheral items over $49!
Expires on 2006-03-02 11:59:59 - $8.00

Dell Home Customers: Save $35 off orders over $300!
Expires on 2006-03-01 12:59:59 - $35.00
Sub-Total $389.15
Shipping Discount -$8.00
Shipping $0.00
Estimated Tax $33.14
Total $422.29
Old 02-27-06, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got this in my email today; I think it's a one-time use coupon.

OUR THANKS TO YOU:
SAVE 20% ON ESSENTIAL DESKTOP ACCESSORIES!

Thank you for your recent Dell™ desktop purchase. Get the most from
your new system with these exclusive Customer Appreciation Savings.
Right now, save on valuable upgrades, desktop extras and more!¹

Just enter coupon code 9Q$HJX8N99$Z0L at checkout.
Online only.
Expires 03/03/06.
Post back here when you use it.
Old 02-27-06, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Got one of those dell coupons for a dollar and ist saved me 35+free shipping.

So I was getting a Sony DSC-N1 for 389, too good to be true.

It was, Dell charges tax (lame) but thats still at the bottom price from price grabber so I went ahead.

DSC-N1 Cyber-shot Digital Camera Qty: 1
Unit Price: $499.00

Dell Home Customers: Save 15% off Select Digital Cameras!
Expires on 2006-03-02 11:59:59 - $74.85

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS

Get free ground (3-5 day) shipping on peripheral items over $49!
Expires on 2006-03-02 11:59:59 - $8.00

Dell Home Customers: Save $35 off orders over $300!
Expires on 2006-03-01 12:59:59 - $35.00
Sub-Total $389.15
Shipping Discount -$8.00
Shipping $0.00
Estimated Tax $33.14
Total $422.29

Congrats dude!

Thats a pretty kick butt looking camera. After I seen your post I googled the camera for the heck of it to get a better look at it and came across an INTERESTING site. I too am sort of "in the market" for a digital camera too, and I like what I see from this camera. I REALLY like the idea of the INTERNAL memory so you dont have to use memory cards (although you can if you need to) plus the memory cards that it uses are the same kind that my PSP uses Its very small and sleek looking and has a whopping 3 inch screen (not too shabby for a camera that small) Plus I like the idea of the rechargable battery it comes with. Although I have NO idea what the actual life of the battery is per charge. I have a lot of friends and family with all different makes and models of digital cameras and the one thing that seems to be common in all of them is HORRIBLE battery life The touchscreen feature ala a PDA or Nintendo DS is a VERY COOL feature too. Would you mind giving me a review of the camera once you get it and have time to play around with it? In about a week or two at the most I am going to have some tax $$ burning a hole in my pocket Good luck to ya! enjoy the site below:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/sony/dsc_n1-review/

Last edited by mrmagoo; 02-27-06 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-27-06, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

thats the site I used to decide (check out their pic section (they have pics from all the top sony cams (most in the same spot so you can better compair))).

I'll let you know about it when I get a feel for it though.

I hope Apple doesn't pic tommorow to finally come out with their own Digital Camera (again).