DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Monster Cable PowerCenter HTS3500 MKII $99.99 Shipped AR! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/456219-monster-cable-powercenter-hts3500-mkii-%2499-99-shipped-ar.html)

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 02-17-06 10:02 AM

Monster Cable PowerCenter HTS3500 MKII $99.99 Shipped AR!

Buy.com lowered its price on the Monster Power HTS3500 MKII 10-Outlet Home Theater PowerCenter to $159.99 before a $50 mail-in rebate, bringing it to $109.99 w/ Free Shipping!

The PowerCenter HTS3500MKII features a max surge capacity of 2,775 joules, Monster Clean Power Stage 3 filters, 10 power outlets, three coaxial outlets, phone jack, and 8-foot cable. Deal ends February 28.

link

http://www.buy.com/prod/Monster_Powe.../90119434.html

rebate:

http://ak.buy.com/buy_assets/retail/..._50Monster.pdf

$10 off $100
http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp...662&adid=17662

$10 off $175

$15 off $200

GMan2819 02-17-06 11:29 AM

Dude, that link benefits another site so you might want to fix it.

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 02-17-06 11:34 AM

sorry bout that. i think i fixed it now.

Numanoid 02-17-06 01:08 PM

Thanks! Picked one up for my new home theater.

eau 02-17-06 01:59 PM

Any review on this unit? I wonder if one can see/hear a difference between using and not using an unit like this.

Cusm 02-17-06 02:23 PM

That is a awesome price, even w/o the rebate. I havce the 2600 I bought with a employee discount of $125.

phraseturner 02-17-06 08:52 PM

picked one up. thanks!

yashan 02-18-06 12:06 PM

A little off topic, but did anyone also check the box for this deal when buying the HTS3500MKII?

Receive a free domain from GoDaddy.com worth up to $8.95 with the purchase of this item from Buy.com. If you choose to receive this offer, simply check the box above, click the "Buy Now" button and proceed to checkout. Details on how to get your free domain will be emailed within 48 hours following purchase. This offer is not compatible with any Buy.com or GoDaddy.com coupons, special offers or Instant Rebates.
Is there any small print that I should be aware of? :)

yashan 02-18-06 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by yashan
A little off topic, but did anyone also check the box for this deal when buying the HTS3500MKII?

Is there any small print that I should be aware of? :)

Looks like I found the small print once I tried adding it to my cart...

receive a Free GoDaddy domain with any Buy.com purchase. This offer is not compatible with any Buy.com coupon, special offer, or Instant Rebate.
It made the $10 coupon invalid so I guess no free doman for me. :)

JustinCleveland 02-18-06 05:16 PM

I've been meaning to get a new surge protector, this sounds like more than I ever dreamed for! Thanks!!

ShallowHal 02-18-06 06:04 PM

Is there a real benefit for having this? My Belkin has 8 outlets and the $15k warranty (though I haven't heard anything +/- about it), so why is this better?

eau 02-19-06 03:41 AM

I ordered one with the 10% off coupon they emailed me last week. $95 AR.

From Monster website:
  • Component—width chassis suitable for rackmounting or stacking (rack "ears" included).
  • Monster Clean Power™ Stage 3 filters optimized for digital, high current audio, and video applications.
  • $100,000 Connected Equipment Warranty.
  • Protects coax lines used with cable TV, DBS, and DSS equipment from surge pulses.
  • Ultra—high 2775 joule rating provides full capacity surge protection.
  • 12 volt trigger input for remote turn—on of switched outlets.
  • Dual Mode Protection provides audible and visual alarm for maximum protection and performance.
  • High sensitivity volt meter measures incoming voltage and shows AC power fluctuations.

Mikecheck 02-19-06 05:43 PM

I've been looking to get one of these for some time now but never found one at a price I liked. I went ahead and got this one, at this price I couldn't pass it up. Thanks D.Pham00!!

namlook 02-19-06 09:10 PM

You can do a $5 pricegrabber rebate and when you complete the purchase you get offered a $25 buy.com rebate for doing a one month free trial with "Great Fun". Brings the price down to $70.

Review:

HTS3500

-

X 02-19-06 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by namlook
Review:

HTS3500

That's about the most subjective equipment review I've ever read. I wouldn't rely on a word of it since they didn't supply the simplest of objective measurements that could have very easily been made.

eau 02-19-06 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by namlook
You can do a $5 pricegrabber rebate and when you complete the purchase you get offered a $25 buy.com rebate for doing a one month free trial with "Great Fun". Brings the price down to $70.

I believe the $5 PG rebate is for the older model (non-MKII). The one that is on sale at buy.com is HTS-3500MKII. The $5 rebate is likely not eligible.

The $25 rebate for signing up Great Fun after placing an order at buy.com is not from buy.com, but from Great Fun which entices people to sign up their membership with generous gift/rebate and helps that people forget to cancel their membership before the trial period is over. You just HAVE TO remember to cancel your membership before the 30 days are over and get a cancelation confirmation number.

Fielding Mellish 02-21-06 08:36 AM

Price just raised to 169.99, FYI

eau 02-21-06 02:00 PM

Mine shipped yesterday -biggrin-

drmoze 02-21-06 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by X
That's about the most subjective equipment review I've ever read. I wouldn't rely on a word of it since they didn't supply the simplest of objective measurements that could have very easily been made.

Subjective AND downright silly, if not ludicrous. $^)

Lessee, the Clapton album had much greater bass detail and the separate notes were clearer with better decay, just by using the power conditioner. Uh-huh. DVDs had less video noise and colors were a touch more vibrant. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Not to mention how he describes the amount of "dirty power" that's in our power supplies (*gasp*!) and components that throw noise back into the outlets which can infect other components. Really.

Gotta say, this guy (and I'm sure he isn't the only one) is quite the Bozo, the audio tech equivalent of a hypochondriac. He 'sees' and 'hears' and 'knows about' (i.e. he imagines) all sorts of problems, and spends beaucoup $$$ to try to fix them. EVen worse, he is trying to sound authoritative with all of the 'objective' sound and vision quality analysis, in an attempt to con others into buying into the snake oil hype as well. Not surprising that the reviews are sponsored by a hi-end accessory company!

Sheesh. This kind of BS hype really irks me. In case you couldn't tell...

The power 'conditioner' may well provide better surge protection for your components. But modern electronics include their own power conditioning/transforming circuitry anyway. Dirty power and noise doesn't spread like a virus between components. Voltage fluctuations a problem? Good ol' regular household a/c (even the 'clean' stuff!) has a voltage that fluctuates from between about +170 volts to -170 volts. 60 times every second. ANd didja notice that some equipment is designed to operate even at 220V/50hz? If it can handle that, then minor noise in 120V/60hz current won't degrade performance.

All that said, the OP's price for the unit isn't bad for a decent surge suppressor. But the review and reviewer are pretty silly.

TheMadMonk 02-24-06 10:20 AM

Got mine Thursday. Seems pretty nice. Haven't worked it into my system, so I can't comment on any improvement in audio/video.

I would have preferred it have a main power on/off switch on it; not just one to turn on the switched/timed outlets.

TheMadMonk 02-24-06 06:30 PM

Well, I can't see any difference in video quality, or hear any in audio quality, but I never really expected to.

It was worth the $95 to have a nice, sturdy, (and pretty) place to plug in almost all of my components.

Another thing I wish they'd have put on this unit: a on/off/dimmer switch for the 7 LEDs; they are bright!

eau 02-24-06 08:24 PM

My unit was delivered today. One thing about the rebate. There are 2 UPC barcodes - one on the outer, shipping box and the other on the white box. Both are the same. Which one are you going to mail in?

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 02-24-06 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by TheMadMonk
Well, I can't see any difference in video quality, or hear any in audio quality, but I never really expected to.

It was worth the $95 to have a nice, sturdy, (and pretty) place to plug in almost all of my components.

Another thing I wish they'd have put on this unit: a on/off/dimmer switch for the 7 LEDs; they are bright!

just cover it with electrical tape ;)

namlook 02-25-06 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by eau
My unit was delivered today. One thing about the rebate. There are 2 UPC barcodes - one on the outer, shipping box and the other on the white box. Both are the same. Which one are you going to mail in?

If they are both the same UPC numbers it won't matter which one you send in.

Fielding Mellish 03-01-06 03:06 PM

...and we're back up to the original $399 price point as of today. With no rebate.

Hope everybody who wanted one of these got one.