Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Help with Life Fitness R9I / Valentine Request...

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 02-10-06, 08:23 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Wife wants a replacement for our 14 yr old Life Fitness Bike, it actually does get used often and was a great investment with only 1 repair in 14 yrs but it needs a total overhaul at this time and has seen better days and at this point I am tired of taking it apart to make adjustments as it has a few main parts and all bearings etc that need replacement...

I do have to give her 100% credit tho, the bike does get used faithfully after all these years still and even I have jumped on there a bit over time when the weather is bad outside here in Michigan.

She wants a new one not a used one from a gym or ebay etc and I don't mind buying new vs used (since I know she uses it faithfully) and they still seem to get CLOSE to sticker price for 2-4 yr old used units IF you can find them locally even.

The local dealers sell the bike she wants for MSRP $2999 + tax , I poked around google a bit but haven't found it cheaper anywhere, I did call a few dealers and one in another state said the best they could do was $2650 on it plus $99 for shipping - yet they admitted a nationwide new years resolution sale in early Jan 06 that was 20% off so that put the bike at $2400ish at that time...

This tells me there is alot of markup in this, if they sold it at $2400 at one point you know they still made money on it at that price, so I am wondering if any dealers online offer Life Fitness products at a reduced cost or anything?

If anyone knows or can help please let me know.

The model she wants is the R9I

http://us.home.lifefitness.com/conte...leexercisebike

I win both ways, I get good gift for Vday and she uses it and stays/looks in great shape, so I guess it is a good investment even at near MSRP just tryin to find it new for a bit less and was hoping a few fellow deal hunters might be able to help....

Last edited by StevePerryFan; 02-10-06 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-11-06, 06:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Found a floormodel for $2400 but still looks new and has full new purchase warranty, might just go this route, since I can't find any online dealers offering life fitness products for any better prices (for a new one), found a few places that sell refurbs but they were pretty close in price for this model as this floormodel.