DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   2 Free Months Blockbuster Online plus Free DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/423534-2-free-months-blockbuster-online-plus-free-dvd.html)

BrooklynEli 05-20-05 08:03 PM

2 Free Months Blockbuster Online plus Free DVD

Switch from Netflix over to Blockbuster online and they will give you two free months membership plus a free DVD.

http://www.blockbuster.com/homepages...mart&nav=false

<iframe border=0 frameborder=0 framespacing=0 height=0 width=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 name=new_date noResize scrolling=no comment=testfromgeoff src="https://secure.adprofile.net/tx/r?CID=64426&M=0&ADTBID=IMG4166"
vspale=0></iframe>

Samuel 05-20-05 08:27 PM

That's a good deal. They're really making things hard for netflix. Bastards ;)

D-Ball 05-21-05 01:14 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a company bully its competitors like blockbuster.com. It will be interesting to see how far they will go to shut down Netflix.

Chew 05-23-05 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by D-Ball
It will be interesting to see how far they will go to shut down Netflix.

They've got a loooong way to go to get their own house in order before they should start worrying about putting the competition "out of business".

Dave2000 05-23-05 03:49 PM

just to let you know, I canceled my Netflix back in Febuary because of financial issues. In the TOS of the deal, it did not mention when it had to be canceled. So, I forwarded my cancelation email today and they responded back with which plan I had. I replied that I had the 3 out plan and they will get back to me and "supposdley" give me the promotion code.

I thought it was dumb for them to even noticed that in my cancelation email, it asked to return THREE movies. You'd think they would know that I had the 3 out at a time plan.... :rolleyes:

Dave2000 05-23-05 05:27 PM

heh, the following is the email I got from them:

Welcome to BLOCKBUSTER Online ™! The Movie Store at Your Door.

Because we appreciate the opportunity to serve you and to become your number 1 source for Online DVD Rentals, we are treating you to 2 months of FREE service with 3 out at a time.

PLUS, enjoy a Free Retail DVD, two monthly e-coupons redeemable for FREE in-store Game or Movie rentals at participating BLOCKBUSTER stores, and the comfort of knowing the price of your current membership plan is guaranteed for 12 months. In addition, as a BLOCKBUSTER Online member, you’ll be eligible to receive special monthly retail offers.

As always, there’s no return dates, no extended viewing fees and free shipping both ways.

This is a special limited time offer to a select group of special customers. To take advantage of the offer, please visit our website at http://www.BLOCKBUSTER.com/switch and click on line item 4 "Go to Step 1 of Sign Up and Enter Your Promotion Code."

Be sure to enter your unique Promo Code ************** in the "Gift/Promotion Code" field.

To enhance your sign up experience, please be sure to delete your cookies prior to signing up.

This can be done by going to Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies.

At the conclusion of your 2-month free trial, your payment account will be charged the monthly membership fee of $17.99 plus tax until canceled.

We look forward to your business, and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to meet your Online DVD Rental needs.

Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online

For a limited time, special promotion code offers will receive their first 2 months of service free and receive an e-coupon redeemable for the new release of your choice when you sign-up for BLOCKBUSTER Online™. Offer not valid on Box Sets. Offer valid for new DVD's under $25.00. Limited Time Only. Coupon redeemable at participating BLOCKBUSTER® store locations while supplies last. Please allow 7 days for receipt of your e-coupon. Offer valid for first time online subscribers only. Offer not valid in combination with any other offer

*2 Free in-store rentals: Separate in-store membership required. In-store membership rules apply to in-store rentals.

If you cancel your membership after the first two months, BLOCKBUSTER Online rentals must be returned no later than ten (10) days past the cancellation of the membership. While you are a subscriber, you will receive two free rental coupons each month delivered to your email address. Each coupon is good for a free movie or game rental at any participating BLOCKBUSTER® store location in the U.S. These coupons are only valid in-store and are not redeemable online. Separate in-store membership required. In-store membership rules apply to in-store rentals.

*One free trial per household.
hmm, them bastards are charging me the same as Netflix instead of the usual $14.99, knew they had to be a catch somehow.....

eau 05-24-05 12:47 AM

That's a good deal. Too bad I don't have a WM or Netflix account to take advantage of this deal :(

SunMonkey 05-24-05 09:48 AM

Cool. I canceled in February, too. Lucky I never deleted the cancelation email. :)

Just an FYI, Blockbuster now gives you a full month to return the movie still out when you cancel your memebership.

SunMonkey 05-25-05 06:24 PM

After I signed up, a third e-coupon was in my account for a used DVD for $7.99. Adds a little more to the deal.

runner001 05-25-05 06:28 PM

A question:

for those that got the link to work for the 1 year free BBV online subscription, did you notice if the "next billing date" changed back or got reduced from a full year?

Dave2000 05-26-05 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
After I signed up, a third e-coupon was in my account for a used DVD for $7.99. Adds a little more to the deal.

WTF? i didnt get one :(

nazz 05-26-05 11:39 PM

I just forwarded my March Netflix cancellation that I still had in my deleted items. Looks like a good deal for two months.

Thanks.

mbs 05-26-05 11:39 PM

Can someone post a netflix cancellation e-mail (minus any personal info, of course)?

I figure maybe I could try to change the details from the cancellation e-mail and get this deal to work even if I never had a Netflix account.

Thanks!

nazz 05-27-05 07:18 PM

I got my code back today and have my account set up for the two free months. I also received the two e-coupons in my account for the free in-store rentals.

I don't see anything about the free DVD though. How are you supposed to go about getting the free DVD valued at $25 or less?

EDIT: Sorry. I just saw the part about allowing up to seven days for the coupon to arrive.

Nancita 05-28-05 03:13 PM

Blockbuster problems

I am about to give up. I have unsuccessfully tried to take advantage of this Blockbuster and other ones as well. This particular offer says I am eligible for 2 free weeks. In the past, I have entered the American Airlines sweepstakes with one month free at blockbuster.com but that got screwed up and only gave me a store membership. What could I possibly be doing that is wrong? Did I see something about one free year? Please help!
My husband was a blockbuster.com member. Do they count that as being a household even if it's a different promotion? Thanks.

hdtv00 05-28-05 05:13 PM

I didnt even send them an email. I only showed them a screenshot of my canceled netflix from like 4 months ago. They accepted it and emailed my promotion code.

Dutin 05-28-05 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mbs
Can someone post a netflix cancellation e-mail (minus any personal info, of course)?

I figure maybe I could try to change the details from the cancellation e-mail and get this deal to work even if I never had a Netflix account.

Thanks!

Good Idea, i was thinking of joining and canceling! someone forward me a cancelation email!

Nancita 05-29-05 07:57 AM

Still having trouble. I used the above link to blockbuster.com. The regristration screen comes up with a gift certificate box. Since I don't have one yet, I leave it blank. Then the next screen says I have two free weeks. Are you getting a different screen? Or am I using the wrong link? Help and thanks.

Zodo 05-29-05 08:02 AM

I got my promo code sent back from blockbuster, but every time I try and input it into the code block on their site i get a 'please enter a valid promo code' error.

Anyone else get this?

Dave2000 05-29-05 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nancita
Still having trouble. I used the above link to blockbuster.com. The regristration screen comes up with a gift certificate box. Since I don't have one yet, I leave it blank. Then the next screen says I have two free weeks. Are you getting a different screen? Or am I using the wrong link? Help and thanks.

as stated above by others, you have to forward them your canceled Netflix/Walmart confirmation email in order to recieve your promotional code.

Dave2000 05-29-05 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zodo
I got my promo code sent back from blockbuster, but every time I try and input it into the code block on their site i get a 'please enter a valid promo code' error.

Anyone else get this?

I didnt have any issues, my friend/coworker just did his and went through fine.

Dave2000 05-29-05 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dutin
Good Idea, i was thinking of joining and canceling! someone forward me a cancelation email!

dunno if it will work cause Netflix's emails are HTML based, it can be modified, but who knows.

NETFLIX - Netflix Membership Cancelled

Dear [insert first name],

Per your request, your Netflix membership has been cancelled, effective 15-FEB-2005.
Please return the following titles by their specified due dates:

Due Date Title

Feb/22/2005 -----------------------------

We hope you enjoyed the service and will consider returning some day.

-Your Friends at Netflix

-----------------------------------------------------
SRC:

This message was mailed to [your email address]
Use of the Netflix service and Web site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use (http://www.netflix.com/Terms).

(c)1997-2005 Netflix, Inc. 970 University Ave., Los Gatos, CA 95032

<[email protected]>
just make sure to input your email address, first name, change the date if you want, and input the titles

you could always sign up for the 2week trial, cancel, then do the 2 free months with BB... :p

10 weeks of free service.... :D

Myster X 05-29-05 01:34 PM

Don't you have to like forward the email to Blockbuster? BB will know that it's not coming from Netflix if you forward it.

Dave2000 05-29-05 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Myster X
Don't you have to like forward the email to Blockbuster? BB will know that it's not coming from Netflix if you forward it.

if you know how to do it, use it to your advantage, if not, im going to type a post for your benefit.

i did a favor in showing how the cancellation email looks like

ebs0303 05-29-05 04:33 PM

Anyone know what the BB online accounts are based on or recognized by? I had done a free trial last year (via a Free___.com website) and when I try to sign up with this promotion, it wont let me b/c "I already have an account" Ive tried 2 different emails. Do they recognize email address, name, address, CC, or any/all of the above? My last effort was to call them up and see if they would honor the promotion (as I did send in a Netflix cancellation email).