Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

2 Free Months Blockbuster Online plus Free DVD

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

2 Free Months Blockbuster Online plus Free DVD

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 08:54 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It can be any DVD as longs as its less than $25 and not a box set, although I have seen some people on here get a boxset, so YMMV.

As for the coupon, they send it to your account within 7days of activating your service.

As for an end date, who knows, its been goin on for the past month and on their website, it even listed newer movies to get for free, so who knows, there is no date in the fine print at the moment.
Old 06-27-05, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long does does netflix take to send the cancellation email. I canceled my netflix this afternoon and have not received the email yet.

Jason
Old 07-18-05, 11:36 AM

Has anyone used the free DVD coupon with a preorder?
Old 07-18-05, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dave2000

As for an end date, who knows, its been goin on for the past month and on their website, it even listed newer movies to get for free, so who knows, there is no date in the fine print at the moment.
Looks like the deal is over.

Here is what the web site says [link]:
• We apologize, but this offer expired on 7/8/2005.

• If you have already signed up under this offer, your FREE DVD ecoupons are still effective through 8/31/2005.

• If you are still interested in BLOCKBUSTER Online, you may sign up here for one of our current offers.

Old 07-24-05, 08:33 AM
Cool New Member

Well, my 2 months are over and so far, I like it. Their turnaround is just about the same as NetFlix and the 2 instore rentals makes this a deal. Im going to stick with them. Whats weird, this is my third month, instead of 2 instore coupons, I got 4. Plus I got 2 more for bickering on a few DVDs that I have in my que that have said "Long Wait" for the past 2 months, and a few others that say "Coming Soon" and it came out 2 months ago. So far, its been great.

Also, did anybody still have their "Free DVD" coupon extended? Im wondering if its the same numbers as the one I used or simply they gave me another one. The first one I got was valid from 05/24 - 06/24, in which I used. Then for some reason, the same coupon was in there and extended to 05/24-07/30, but not sure if its the same numbers are not. Heh, they have treated me like royalty so far

Here's a tip. To change your monthly fee to the usual $15/month instead of the Netflix price of $17.99, just go to your account, click on "Change" under Online Membership, and just change it to the normal $15/month program. I did this a week before my free service was up and they didnt charge me till I was due. No need to call in about it.
Old 07-24-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My free 2 months is about to end and I'm pretty much all out of movies that I want to see... the only problem is that I want 1 more DVD before the end runs out (8/2), but I know that I want be able to return it before that date.

If I cancel my membership, but still have a disc from them and don't return it until a few days after 8/2 what will happen?
Old 07-24-05, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They give you 10 days to get back any dvds after you cancel - however, when I canceled, they said I had till September to get them back (!).
Old 07-26-05, 08:23 PM

Anyone else get this email from BB Online??? I may have reported about 5 missing dvds in the last 7 months or so.

We hope you are enjoying your BLOCKBUSTER Online™ membership.

We've noticed that in the time you've been with us you have reported a number of issues with DVD shipments getting lost or damaged in the mail. We know incidents beyond anyone's control occasionally happen with our DVD shipments. We take these issues seriously, and we are working closely with the U.S. Postal Service in your area to monitor the quality of your service.

To ensure that you are receiving the most efficient shipping possible:

* Verify your shipping address at blockbuster.com
* Contact your local post office or mail carrier to make sure that the DVDs are delivered to your mailbox and not left in a visible location.

Of course, even with these precautions, problems can still occur.

If a DVD Is Lost
If a DVD doesn't arrive within 3 business days of its ship date, please let us know at www.blockbuster.com/dvdissues. We will send either a replacement disc or the next available DVD in your Queue as soon as possible. The option is yours. Please understand that if an unusual number of issues are reported, your account may be placed on hold while we investigate.

If a DVD Does Not Play
We regularly run each DVD through a special DVD wash process to minimize disc errors. Despite this process, dust, lint, and fingerprints may still build up on the DVD and the internal mechanisms in a DVD player. If a DVD is unplayable, wipe the back of the DVD with a lint-free cloth. You may also want to consider running a DVD player cleansing disc through your DVD player regularly. If the DVD is still unplayable or visibly damaged, report the problem at www.blockbuster.com/dvdissues. Remember that all damaged DVDs need to be returned regardless of their condition or they will be considered lost.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding either DVD Issues or other aspects of your BLOCKBUSTER Online service, please consult our FAQs or feel free to contact us online via Customer Service.

Thanks,
Your Friends at BLOCKBUSTER Online™
Old 07-27-05, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BBEANLPHIE
Anyone else get this email from BB Online??? I may have reported about 5 missing dvds in the last 7 months or so.
I got that today too and probably because of this:

I wanted to watch Ghost in the Shell (the first one). It's a 2-disc set with the second DVD being extras. For some reason BBO has mixed up what they put in their GITS Disc 1 paper sleeve. They've put the extras disc in there instead. Their Disc 2 paper sleeve also contained (correctly) the extra disc. I immediately returned the incorrect disc and marked it "wrong DVD was sent to me, please send it again." Well, it takes a few days and finally the replacement appears in the mailbox. Same problem! I report it again and follow-up with an e-mail. They say they'll correct it once I send it in. I wait a week and guess what, the same incorrect disc is sent in the same sleeve. How can I be sure, you ask? Well, I took pics with my digital camera. The same stain appears on the sleeve and the disc is scratched in the same place on the hub. Oh well, I reported the wrong disc and told them to send the next movie. I ended up renting it from BBV using one of those free DVD rental coupons. I feel a little bad for not following through with BBO. Now another poor, unsuspecting person who will get the wrong GITS DVD. Maybe they'll have better luck correcting the problem than I did.
Old 07-30-05, 11:12 AM

Did anyone else besides me get another Free Retail DVD Coupon as an e-coupon during the 2-month netflix swtich offer, or as part of the first paying month? A second one just appeared for me, and this would be my third month of free service, even though it's only supposed to be for two, and my next bill date isn't til end of September, so it seems like my two-months free is cycling over again. Anyone have this happen?
Old 08-04-05, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Carioca
Did anyone else besides me get another Free Retail DVD Coupon as an e-coupon during the 2-month netflix swtich offer, or as part of the first paying month? A second one just appeared for me, and this would be my third month of free service, even though it's only supposed to be for two, and my next bill date isn't til end of September, so it seems like my two-months free is cycling over again. Anyone have this happen?

When did you find out you got the third free month. I'm guessing most people are probably going to cancel before their two-month billing date hits. Had you decided to continue the service and simply noticed the next month was also free?
Old 08-09-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Check your Blockbuster Online Accounts, I have a new "FREE Previously Viewed DVD" coupon listed effective 08-02-2005 - 09-30-2005.

It's good only for the following previously viewed movies:

Barbershop 2
Bookies
Cheaper by the Dozen
The Clearing
The Cooler
De-Lovely
Gothika
A Home at the End of the World
In America
Intermission
Method
Mystic River
Shadow of Fear
Stuck on You
Triggerman
We Don't Live Here Anymore
Welcome to Mooseport
Catch that Kid
Club Dread
Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star
Girl with a Pearl Earring
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Out of Time
S.W.A.T
Spartan
Old 08-10-05, 11:58 AM

i just used my 2nd Free DVD coupon.
What i did was tried to cancel - and then they offered another month at 4.99....so i took it.

Just used the above free select previewed coupon for Spartan, the Free New dvd for Constantine, and another coupon in my account for any previewed dvd for 7.99 on National Treasure. Not bad, not bad...
Now the question is : Is the new DVD coupon going to cycle every month? Thats a nice incentive to stay a member =]
Old 08-13-05, 02:37 AM

I got the second "free retail dvd" coupon as well as the "free selected used dvd" coupon. When I went to redeem the second free retail dvd coupon today, they scanned it and told me that it had already been used. I explained that a second coupon appeared on my account after I had already printed and used the first one. They went ahead and honored it. There was no problem with the selected used dvd coupon.

If they keep throwing free dvds at me maybe I'll stay on as a member
Old 08-13-05, 10:09 AM

How are you guys getting a second free retail coupon? Is it a glitch on the site?
Old 08-13-05, 10:20 PM

Glitch as far as I know.