Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

2 Free Months Blockbuster Online plus Free DVD

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

2 Free Months Blockbuster Online plus Free DVD

Old 06-10-05, 05:39 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whotony
for me to rejoin and get the free month i had to use a new address.

i just added +1 to it.
example my address 23433 new address 23434.

there is no such address but the po will see the name and deliver to the correct house.
I registered in my friends address, and use my checking acct as the form of payment. AFter the membership went through, I went and changed my address back to my address and it worked and didn't give me that "you are already a member". So, I got 2 accts open (1 regular for 15.99 and 1 netflix promo for 17.99). I will probably close one out after the first month.
Old 06-10-05, 05:41 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Myster X
can somebody forward me the Netflix cancellation email?
Just copy and paste from the post on the first page.
Old 06-10-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by devynal
Went to the local Blockbuster the other day to redeem my coupon for my free DVD. The clerk looked it at few times with a blank face, said she has never seen a freebie DVD coupon before. Thanks, OP.
I handed mine to the manager who was the one checking me out. She got that same look at first. I don't think she had ever seen one either and strained to read the fine print carefully.
Old 06-11-05, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I sent my netflix cancellation email over a week ago and still havn't gotten a code back.. In fact i sent it in a second time 4 days ago and still nothing.. what should i do?
Old 06-11-05, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nazz
I handed mine to the manager who was the one checking me out. She got that same look at first. I don't think she had ever seen one either and strained to read the fine print carefully.
I guess BB has to save $$$ somehow! I'm assuming they saved by not training their employees or distributing information to their chains. I hope she did something to verify it. Otherwise, someone could take advantage of their lack of knowledge of new promotions.
Old 06-11-05, 07:37 AM
Banned

PHP Code:
I guess BB has to save $$$ somehowI'm assuming they saved by not training their employees or distributing information to their chains. I hope she did something to verify it. Otherwise, someone could take advantage of their lack of knowledge of new promotions. 

I believe they all have seperate UPC codes so the first time it runs the free coupon then it verifies in the system and cannot be run again
Old 06-11-05, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by runner001
I guess BB has to save $$$ somehow! I'm assuming they saved by not training their employees or distributing information to their chains.
I find this kind of crap annoying. That's why I'll go during a slow time at the store. I don't want to hold up other people while the workers huddle and come up with a plan.
Old 06-11-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Thanks BrooklynEli for posting this. I got a buy 2 used for $15 in addition to the DVD and 2 mo. free. Does anyone's Blockbuster carry Shaun of the Dead? I wanted to buy it with my coupon but they didn't have any. I check the used and the rental shelf but still nothing. Is it unrated? I thought it was R.
Old 06-13-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I signed up on May 23 but it looks like I am going to be billed already in few days. I need to know is this really free 2 month trial or some wacky 2 free months at cost of one month thing? At this time I would just cancel they are way too slow to be considered fair service.
"
Online Membership: 2 month free trial $0.00 for 1 month + tax Change | Cancel | View Terms
Last Billing Date: None View Billing History
Next Billing Date: 06/23/2005"
Old 06-13-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Darn! BB is the REAL DEVIL

BB try to SHUT down Netflix with this new 2 months free promotion and Free DVD.
Old 06-13-05, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by madara
I signed up on May 23 but it looks like I am going to be billed already in few days. I need to know is this really free 2 month trial or some wacky 2 free months at cost of one month thing? At this time I would just cancel they are way too slow to be considered fair service.
"
Online Membership: 2 month free trial $0.00 for 1 month + tax Change | Cancel | View Terms
Last Billing Date: None View Billing History
Next Billing Date: 06/23/2005"

I had something similar on my 1 year free account. However, when the billing date came (6-11-05) it just rolled the date to 7-11-05 with no charge on my CC. My billing histroy still shows none. I guess this is how they track your free months.
Old 06-15-05, 08:53 PM

I had signed up for a three week free promotion with blockbuster about two weeks prior to the two month plus free dvd promotion started. I called and haggled and now i have the two months free and the free dvd on top of the previous three week free promotion! I've got a free rental ride for awhile, haha.
Although, I'll probably go back to netflix and just cancel blockbuster before the two month trial is over. I greatly prefer netflix over blockbuster due to the difference in turnover rate i've experienced and i just like netflix's site design better.
Old 06-18-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, information shared here was correct. Hey what would be good pricey single new dvd release to use this free BB coupon on, any recommendations?
Old 06-18-05, 01:41 PM

I used it on Racing Stripes as a gift for my nephew. It was $24.99.
Old 06-21-05, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't find anything I wanted at my store so I special ordered Father Ted The Complete Series 1 which was $24.99.
Old 06-21-05, 11:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what movies do you get to choose from for your free DVD?
Old 06-22-05, 06:10 PM

I am getting ready for my blockbuster appearance when I try to use my free DVD coupon. I asked about it last time I was in and all the "workers" (your basic summer job with friends hanging around ignoring you,) said they didn't know anything about it and would have to run the coupon through to see if it works. What does an average DVD go for there? Thanks.
Old 06-23-05, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by jason978
what movies do you get to choose from for your free DVD?
Any new DVD they sell. I ended up picking up the 2 disc Shawshank Redemption.
Old 06-23-05, 10:15 AM

Can you special order things for the store? I went and the first four choices I had weren't there, their selection kind of blows. The closest was I, Robot which they had the old version of but not the new collector's edition. If I wanted say, Hoop Dreams (a criterion that I don't think they even rent normally), could they order that and hold it for me, or is that not likely?
Old 06-25-05, 04:19 PM

Here's my sob story. Yesterday I went to my local blockbuster. The very young manager said they do not participate in the free DVD promotion. I sent an email to blockbuster.com but nothing yet. I am not expecting anything positive.
As an aside, thanks to the hot deals forum, I applied for the Starbucks card and, guess what? My local Starbucks doesn't participate in any Starbucks promotions. I have to move!
Old 06-25-05, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heres my sob story,

I cut and pasted the netflix cancelatoin email, sent four different emails, got back the promotion codes, used my cc/checking/atm card and it worked, did it four times. Picked up LEON, ALIENS, SE7EN, HEAT all 2-disc. And about 15 rentals. KICKASS

THe trick is to make keep changing the business address and personal address and then change it back.

thanks for posting it btw.
Old 06-27-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lukewarmwater
THe trick is to make keep changing the business address and personal address and then change it back.

Yeah, but don't you also need a new credit card number each time?
Old 06-27-05, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well differnet forms of payment. I have cc/atm/checking. It just matters how many you have.

I hope netflix counters this with their own switch from block buster to netflix deal.
Old 06-27-05, 08:34 PM
Cool New Member

I finally used my Free DVD coupon last week and got Hitch. I tried to get Chappelle's Show Season 2, but it wouldnt let me, since, one, its $27 (i was just going to pay the difference), and two, it was a "boxed set". Oh well, got my free DVD at least.

I have used BB for a month now and I am VERY satisfied, up there with Netflix. The turnaround is great and basically rented about 21 DVDs in one month, not too shabby.
Old 06-27-05, 08:42 PM

Can the free DVD be a criterion-- or is there some kind of price limit? Also, can you get the 2 months plus DVD for free, or must you pay the $18 to get those?

And have they listed when this promotion will end? Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.