Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

2 Free Months Blockbuster Online plus Free DVD

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

2 Free Months Blockbuster Online plus Free DVD

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-05, 10:40 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dave2000
dunno if it will work cause Netflix's emails are HTML based, it can be modified, but who knows.

just make sure to input your email address, first name, change the date if you want, and input the titles

you could always sign up for the 2week trial, cancel, then do the 2 free months with BB...

10 weeks of free service....
Thanks Dave2000! I will report back if it works (in case other want to do the same thing).

You are right on the Netflix 2 week trial, however, I already used that a while back... Thanks again!
Old 05-29-05, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

hmm, them bastards are charging me the same as Netflix instead of the usual $14.99, knew they had to be a catch somehow.....
Yeah. That's apparently how they plan to recover their expense on this promotion. Doesn't matter to me though since I'll be cancelling it.
Old 05-30-05, 01:27 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you just cancel at the end of the 2 free months and keep the free DVD?

Old 05-30-05, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nazz
Yeah. That's apparently how they plan to recover their expense on this promotion. Doesn't matter to me though since I'll be cancelling it.
That wouldn't be happening anyways as you get your old subscription fee honored for a year when you switch. Noone could have done that and gotten charged bb's normal price yet.
Old 05-30-05, 04:59 PM

I sent them a "we want you back" e-mail from Netflix and they accepted it.
Old 05-31-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

will this promo work if you're a previous BlockBuster customer?
I've been switching back and forth between netflix and blockbuster.
Old 05-31-05, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Will they switch the price to $14.99 if you call and say you will cancel? I like the 2 monthly in store coupons and I will see how fast they are compared to Netflix, which was not to impressive. If I cancel BB and sign back up, do I get the $14.99 or my old Netflix price?
Old 05-31-05, 01:28 PM

Whew! It wasn't easy but I finally received the two months trial membership. I sent a Netflix page that said my account was closed. If you go to Netflix, they have your history. I had cancelled in 2000! Blockbuster then asked what plan I had and what the charge was. I still had problems after entering the gift code. Somehow Blockbuster recognized me as a blockbuster.com member but not blockbuster online. I had to call and they took all the info I had input online. Thank you all for your help, especially Dave2000 because I jumped ahead without the code. I read but I didn't read.
Old 06-02-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
What DVD is everyone picking up? I almost got A Life Aquatic, but it was only the single disc. Can you get a more expensive disc and pay the difference?
Old 06-02-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How long does it take to receive the promo code from BBV once you forward them the Netflix cancellation email? I sent it monday afternoon and have yet to hear anything back.
Old 06-02-05, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by timewaster
will this promo work if you're a previous BlockBuster customer?
I've been switching back and forth between netflix and blockbuster.
The BB Online TOS say that free trials are one per credit card number and email address, but I tried it anyway, because I was led to believe by the offer terms that this was different from a staright-up "free trial" and more like a special switch-over promotion. I cancelled Netflix, got sent to many dead ends on BB sign-up process with the new code, I assumed cause of my same CC number. Emailed BB explaining how I felt misled, they gave me two months, but no free retail. I plan to send another email after the "wait 7 days for receipt of E-Coupon" period, but you might want to foresee these same problems.

Originally Posted by timewaster
How long does it take to receive the promo code from BBV once you forward them the Netflix cancellation email? I sent it monday afternoon and have yet to hear anything back.
Sent mine Saturday evening, was in my mail box Sunday morning

Last edited by Joe Carioca; 06-02-05 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-02-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Joe Carioca
Sent mine Saturday evening, was in my mail box Sunday morning
Tomorrow will be seven days and still no free DVD coupon.
Old 06-02-05, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Whoops....I just checked the site and it was there. I was expecting an e-mail for some reason. This free stuff is so confusing sometimes.
Old 06-03-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know a number I can call on this?
Old 06-06-05, 04:53 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by mbs
Thanks Dave2000! I will report back if it works (in case other want to do the same thing).

You are right on the Netflix 2 week trial, however, I already used that a while back... Thanks again!
Did it work?
What is the email address that Netflix uses when they send the email? i.e.. [email protected] or what? How long did it take to get a response from BB?
Old 06-08-05, 02:35 PM
mbs

Originally Posted by jbroad572
Did it work?
What is the email address that Netflix uses when they send the email? i.e.. [email protected] or what? How long did it take to get a response from BB?
Sorry for not responding earlier, I just saw this thread again... yes, it did work. I used [email protected], but I have no idea if that is the correct e-mail address that Netflix uses for cancellations. I got an e-mail back the next day.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

mail i got was from [email protected]

I also sent the mail 3 days ago and havn't received any code
Old 06-09-05, 04:57 PM
Cool New Member

It worked for me as well, I told them I was paying the $17.99 for 3 rentals from Netflix and thats the rate they gave me for 1 year. That's not too cool. You think they will lower it to the regular price if I call into complain ?
Old 06-09-05, 05:06 PM

Went to the local Blockbuster the other day to redeem my coupon for my free DVD. The clerk looked it at few times with a blank face, said she has never seen a freebie DVD coupon before. Thanks, OP.
Old 06-09-05, 05:11 PM
Banned

I sent it my "We want you back" and they would not accept the code because It did not show how much I was paying or how many movies I had set up
Old 06-09-05, 05:21 PM

problem with 2month trial

I tried blockbuster's free trial a month ago but i thought that I could get their 2 month promo too.
I sent them the netflix cancellation email and got my promo code but when i registered (under a new email and new credit card but same address) they said i was already a blockbuster member.

What can i do?? ..besides calling them since I really don't know how to argue with them about this. thanks!
Old 06-09-05, 05:27 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by slcsnkman
I sent it my "We want you back" and they would not accept the code because It did not show how much I was paying or how many movies I had set up
Same, I just sent them a reply and gave them 3 movie titles, and a price. NExt day I had a code.
Old 06-09-05, 08:36 PM
mbs

Originally Posted by jbroad572
It worked for me as well, I told them I was paying the $17.99 for 3 rentals from Netflix and thats the rate they gave me for 1 year. That's not too cool. You think they will lower it to the regular price if I call into complain ?
Just quit and re-join, if you desire. If I plan on keeping BB-online, I'll definately cancel this after this trial and re-join. No sense in paying more than their going rate...
Old 06-09-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
for me to rejoin and get the free month i had to use a new address.

i just added +1 to it.
example my address 23433 new address 23434.

there is no such address but the po will see the name and deliver to the correct house.
Old 06-10-05, 12:05 AM
Banned

can somebody forward me the Netflix cancellation email?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.