Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

free one-year membership from Best Buy Reward Zone

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 04-19-05, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/p/8/287...18_550x453.jpg
Old 04-19-05, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

it's in bargains

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419090
Old 04-19-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 142 Likes on 105 Posts
Uncanny timing. Mine runs out at the end of this month.
Old 04-19-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is Best Buy going to take that copy?

Last time I did that they wouldn't accept it.
Old 04-19-05, 01:40 PM

Thanks!
Old 04-19-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, last time I actually paid for that club I never got my damn coupons..........
Old 04-19-05, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by kar10
Is Best Buy going to take that copy?

Last time I did that they wouldn't accept it.
It says no copies. However, they sent it via email. I think if you put up a fight, you could easily get them to take it.
Old 04-19-05, 04:22 PM

can i use this for a renewal? mine runs out some time this summer...
Old 04-19-05, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by hytec
Well, I just took it in and can confirm, at least at my store, that my membership was renewed. Mine was expiring at the end of the month so this was sweet.
Old 04-19-05, 08:26 PM

Deftones, you took in a printed copy or you had a hard copy?
Old 04-20-05, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by fliggil
Deftones, you took in a printed copy or you had a hard copy?
Printed copy from the link. Cashier looked at it, scanned it, and I was on my way. No problems at all.
Old 04-20-05, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool thanks.
Old 05-11-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
I got a letter from them the other day saying they were renewing my membership for free along with a coupon for double points on one item.
Old 05-11-05, 02:44 PM

same here... (free renewal)
Old 05-11-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 249 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by hytec
I just received a letter saying that mine was renewed for free and it included a double points coupon expires on 5/31.
Old 05-12-05, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I just received a letter saying that mine was renewed for free and it included a double points coupon expires on 5/31.
Got one too! Things like this make me really love BB
Old 05-12-05, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

really love BB? You are one of the few I think. If you are going to shop at BB this helps some but thier customer service is so awful 90% of the time it's worth it to pay more elsewhere. I'll go ahead and take advantage of this anyway in case I decide to buy anything from them. Though like Minor Thread las time I paid for this I never got my gift certificates then when I called asking them where they were they said they sent them. They said they would never resend and I still never got them.
Old 05-12-05, 05:16 PM
Banned

yep this was great deal to jump on
Old 05-14-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How did I miss this? DOH!
Old 05-15-05, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by KennyBoy
really love BB? You are one of the few I think. If you are going to shop at BB this helps some but thier customer service is so awful 90% of the time it's worth it to pay more elsewhere. I'll go ahead and take advantage of this anyway in case I decide to buy anything from them. Though like Minor Thread las time I paid for this I never got my gift certificates then when I called asking them where they were they said they sent them. They said they would never resend and I still never got them.
Well, I've seen the horror stories on the STORE FORUM, but fortunately, I've gotten my certificates without any problems. Their CS is a bit shady, I agree, but I try to interact with them as little as possible--I don't price match, I try to avoid returns, etc.

I just walk in, pick up my stuff, present my coupons, tell them what keys to press, and then walk out!
Old 05-16-05, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by victant
Well, I've seen the horror stories on the STORE FORUM, but fortunately, I've gotten my certificates without any problems. Their CS is a bit shady, I agree, but I try to interact with them as little as possible--I don't price match, I try to avoid returns, etc.

Same here. It's easier to pricematch in other stores, and the fight you have to go through to pricematch things at BB isn't worth the RZ points, for me at least. If they don't like pricematching, let them lose out on the sale completely, is my attitude. I like to shop there when the prices are the lowest, or they have good sales, but I try and avoid the hassle of customer service. I love the certificates and RZ deals and coupons. More than makes up for shotty CS in my opinion.
Old 05-16-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 249 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by victant

I just walk in, pick up my stuff, present my coupons, tell them what keys to press, and then walk out!

I get all of mine as well... at my parent's house. It's where I lived when I first signed up. I have since called them twice to change my address and they take my info, update it and give me a thanks for calling and a have a nice day. They still ship them to the old address. I guess the CSR updating my info doesn't have a save option.
Old 05-16-05, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Funny thing is I took this in store and it worked fine. Then last week I got a letter stating they were going to renew my memebership for free anyway. Wonder if I'll get 2 years out of it.
Old 05-16-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Best part is I got the free year in late April, but called them about a $500 purchase I made in early March and they credited My Rewards account with the purchase (took a week or so to show up) but they did it without any issues... so I've got some certificates coming already
Old 05-16-05, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by KennyBoy

didn't realize this was old and I had missed it.

I wish it was easy as walking in buying and walking out but it usually isn't. For example I went in to buy the twilight zone series dvd. I took it to the cashier in thier computer department as there was no one around and I had noticed the line up front was longer. The guy was sitting down talking to a new guy asking him something about where any item goes. Anyway the guy ignored me until the guy in training pointed me out to the other guy (as if he didn't notice I was standing right next to him and had put my dvd set on the counter. Anyway I said can I check out please. The guy said no you can't check out here because your not buying anything from the computer area (can't remember exact words he may have said this department). I told him I had never had a problem before. He said he can't do it because they are not supposed to. Anyway the guy was literally sitting there jokinh around with the trainee and he couldn't take two freaking sseconds to help me. I asked if I buy some dvdrs can you help me and I shit you not he said no because I had the dvd movie as well. This is only one example of many. Screw Best, one of my many goals is to be a devil customer to best buy. If you don't know what I mean by that you should look up what the ceo of bb thinks about it's customers. :end rant: lol sry