Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Looking for the best deal on a dyson vacuum...

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Looking for the best deal on a dyson vacuum...

Old 03-03-05, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We purchased "The Animal" through Heartland America just three weeks ago. We had just vacuumed the carpet when it arrived so we were able to do a shock test. It was amazing! We do not have pets, but the Animal came with so many extra parts and Zorba cleaning solution which made the extra $50 worth it. It arrived within 7 days via FedEx. We couldn't be happier with it.
Old 03-03-05, 12:50 PM

at heartland america, put it in your cart, register, but dont buy...two days later, they will send you a coupon for free s/h...it is actually $13, but it cost more to ship than $13. I got it for $266 dlvd...cheaper than ebay!
Old 03-04-05, 08:03 AM

After doing some extensive research into the Dyson vaccuum cleaners, my wife and I decided on the DC14 Animal. There are three major differences between the 07 and 14 models. The first is the way the handle comes out. In the 07 you have to flip it around and whatnot. The 14 does not need this. Second, the power consumption on the 14 is slightly *lower* than the 07. To keep suction power up, they made the inside diameter of the hose slightly smaller (increasing pressure). Third, the dirt fills in the canister in such a way that it doesn't cover up the dirt entry point (the 07 is set up 'in reverse' of the 14).

My wife and I just bought a new house (new carpet) and used the 14 Animal on the upstairs (3 rooms and a hallway). Amazing what comes out of brand new carpet....

I picked up so much, I emptied the thing after doing just the upstairs.

Incidentally, Bed Bath and Beyond will not only give you 20% off, but if you can find a store that carries the 14 for a lower price, they'll give you 20% off the *matched price*.

Here's what they don't tell you: There are 2 models of the 14 Animal: DL and SL... I couldn't find a reference to this on the Dyson website, but the guy at BBB tells me that Dyson told them that the difference between the two is the amount of attachments boxed up.
Old 03-04-05, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the difference between the SL and DL then? How do tell which model you are looking at?
Old 03-04-05, 02:32 PM

The full model number is on the box. I'm not sure what the different "package" contents comprise of....

And there's a posibility that this was a Steaming Pile given to me by the BBB person so he wouldn't have to price match ($150 difference at Target).
Old 03-04-05, 02:42 PM

On the 14's there are models only sold at certian merchants, I think there is a BB model and Sears only model...think I read this somewhere. There is nothing different, just a different color. And the differance between the Animal and Full Gear was the length of warranty.
Old 03-04-05, 08:03 PM

The DC14's vacuums ARE ALL THE SAME.

The only difference between the models is the extras (the attachments, a longer warranty, an extra filter, cleaning powder, etc.).

If you are thinking about buying a Dyson vacuum, go to Dyson's web site and decide what attachments you need, and then you'll know which model to get. I was perfectly content with the "low reach" red model (which is the least expensive DC014 version).

More attachments (or fancier attachments) = more money.
Old 04-03-05, 04:07 PM
Banned

Bumping this thread again - I'm in the market to purchase yet another Dyson - does anyone know any deals on the yellow vaccum?

I'd do the heartlandamarica deal, however, they're Out of Stock until 4/20/05 and I'd like to get it before then...

Thanks
Old 04-03-05, 06:31 PM

I know I've seen them at both Sam's Club and Costco, but don't recall the prices (or know which model).
Old 04-07-05, 10:25 AM
Banned

Costco's price isn't that great - i can get it cheaper from BBB or L&T using a 20% coupon. Wondering if anyone else has a deal up their sleeve...
Old 04-07-05, 05:57 PM

I was able to get a Dyson Animal DC14 from our local Linens & Things using a 20% off coupon combined with giftcards that were -20% (see giftcard threads here and on fatwallet). Our LNT didn't care that Dyson is "excluded" on the coupons and they were very helpful in actually ordering a DC14 since they did not have one in stock. In addition, they consolidated our 20 x $25 giftcards into a single card so they could use it on their in-store order system that only allows one gift card per purchase.

If you have a LNT or BBB nearby see if they will work the same deal for you. I suspect YMMV.
Old 04-07-05, 08:13 PM
Suspended

Warning: There are 2 of each Model

Just realize that for each Dyson, there are 2 models, the 7 and the 14....whether you are getting the cyclone or the animal. The ones they sell on heartland seem to be the 7's from what I can tell. Don't get me wrong, it seems to be a great price, but realize you are probably getting the cheaper version.

Councelor
Old 04-11-05, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jgottlieb
Incidentally, Bed Bath and Beyond will not only give you 20% off, but if you can find a store that carries the 14 for a lower price, they'll give you 20% off the *matched price*.
This is Definetly a YMMV, around here BBB doesnt care what you use the 20% on. I bought some All-Clad pots the other day with them
Old 04-13-05, 01:05 PM

Just came across this site http://www.popeilfamilystore.com/paymentplans.html
has anyone bought anything from this company? They offer payment plans on their dyson products.
Old 04-15-05, 04:10 PM
Banned

Just wanted to bump for any last min current deals... won't need the payment plans, i plan on paying this outright
Old 04-15-05, 09:24 PM

I bought a DC07 at Linens and Things last week, used a 20% of coupon with no problems
Old 04-18-05, 12:42 AM

FYI, for those looking to buy a Dyson, they are coming out w/ new models at end April / May 1st. DC15 - stronger suction, better design of wand, controls on the handle.

Got a question for those who own this thing. How fast do you sweep the area you are vaccuming? Mine (brand new) picks up a lot of fiber and dust, but sometimes it won't pick up small debris. Maybe I go too fast or need time to break in?
Old 04-18-05, 06:53 AM

We tried a Dyson... Purchased it from Best Buy. Got it home, and did the test, vacuming with our old vaccume first... We were NOT impressed with the Dyson at all... I thought I must have it put together wrong or something. It just did not pick up much more than our old Miele.

I went back to Best Buy and purchased a Hoover Windtunnel Cannister... Did the test, and after using both the Miele AND the Dyson, the Hoover pulled up dirt that must have been in the downstairs basement... It was just amazing...

Maybe we had a defective Dyson?

Anyone do a side by side at home comparison of the Dyson and the Hoover Cannister?

I like the way you don't have to clean the Dyson's filter, but that is only a minor problem with the Hoover...
Old 04-19-05, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I bought a Dyson yellow (basic model) because of all the glowing reviews. My primary purpose for it is to pick up dog hair and although the machine was easy to use and picked up alot of stuff from the carpet, it left many dog hairs behind. So useless for my needs. For that kind of money, it should do a better job. People are still sold on the marketing though and the idea that spending tons gets you a better machine.
Old 04-19-05, 09:20 AM

I think you nailed it Big...

I now remember that the brush on the Dyson barely touched the carpet and left alot of (cat) hair there...

The Hoover's brushes, when on, actually pull the head along the carpet. Coupled with the VERY STRONG suction, the Hoover was able to pull MUCH more out of the carpet than the Dyson.

I admit a MINOR incovienence in having to clean the filter on the Hoover every once in a while, (HINT: use a dust-buster on it!), but cosidering how well it vaccumes, and how light and easy it is to maneuver... I am quite happy with the Hoover.
Old 04-19-05, 09:34 AM

hmm...I just ordered a Dyson through Heartland America (BTW...they are back in stock there. It was a yellow DC07 animal I think). I'm going to really give this a thorough test now because I've got cat hair out to wazoo right now and need something to get rid of it. If this doesn't do the trick...then off to ebay it goes and I'll find something else.
Old 04-19-05, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by gr8vette
We tried a Dyson... Purchased it from Best Buy. Got it home, and did the test, vacuming with our old vaccume first... We were NOT impressed with the Dyson at all... I thought I must have it put together wrong or something. It just did not pick up much more than our old Miele.

I went back to Best Buy and purchased a Hoover Windtunnel Cannister... Did the test, and after using both the Miele AND the Dyson, the Hoover pulled up dirt that must have been in the downstairs basement... It was just amazing...
gr8vette,
I too have the same experience as you. Did you have problems returning a used item to Best Buy? I'm thinking about returning it. My old Windtunnel seemed to have better suction than the Dyson, and I got the latest model out, red DC14.
Old 04-19-05, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think BB charges 15% RESTOCKING NOW?
Old 04-21-05, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I purchased my Dyson using BestBuy online for pickup. Used it a couple of times and returned it within 30 days and I received a full refund. No restocking fee either. So give it a try. Target will even take them back for 90 days.
Old 04-21-05, 09:12 AM
Banned

What is up with the last few negative posts - I've always seen raving reviews about any Dyson model... has their quality gone down?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.