Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

www.yourmusic.com - new music club - $5.99 CDs w/free shipping

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

www.yourmusic.com - new music club - $5.99 CDs w/free shipping

Old 05-10-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dtcarson
And while the average cost if you max out the club is perhaps lower, some of the intermediate purchases can 'feel' more expensive.
Plus, signing up and getting 10-15 CD's at a time, then getting 3 or 4 at your fulfillment, is almost overkill. I always have trouble finding 15 things I want all at once.
5.99 with no tax and free shipping is still a bargain.
I agree. I can never find enough at BMG to make it worth it.
Old 05-12-05, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump-last chance to place an order for $4.99. The club changes to the $5.99 policy on May 13.
Old 05-12-05, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Bump-last chance to place an order for $4.99. The club changes to the $5.99 policy on May 13.
Yeah, I got that email. Makes me want to cancel the whole thing. Honestly though, I've got pretty much everything I want from them and they haven't added anything new that I wanted in a long time.
Old 05-12-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank goodness I saw this thread--I just bought the last 10 CDs in my basket. : )

Now it's time to cancel my membership.
Old 05-13-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still $4.99 for the time being.. I don't know if it'll change over during the course of the day, or if this is the last complete day of $4.99 cds.

I just went ahead and ordered the last of my for-sure buys off my list after debating spending that much at once. Only have three more on my list, and two of them I'll probably land up not getting, and the third I'll figure out next week if I want to spend $5.99 on it at that time (the movie comes out, so I'll see if the soundtrack is worth it).
Old 05-17-05, 03:15 AM

I don't see why everyone's so upset about the price increase....that's still the least you will ever pay for a new CD without joininig BMG.
Old 05-17-05, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by jetflair
I don't see why everyone's so upset about the price increase....that's still the least you will ever pay for a new CD without joininig BMG.
Sure, NOW it's the least I will pay....

I'm still a member and have about 20 CDs in my queue, I'm just going to buy a little slower now. I had over 80 queued before I found out about the price increase- many "must have's" were purchased in groups of 4 or 5 in the past month, and many more impulse additions to my queue were removed. Some items I might have taken a chance with at 4.99 are somehow a little less appealing at 5.99 (I guess I'll never hear Mandy Moore's take on XTC, Joni Mitchell and Todd Rundgren songs from her covers album...*sigh*). On the other hand this site's great if you want to take a chance on some great artists you may have missed the first time around (The Clash, Jethro Tull, Flaming Lips, Bettye Swann, Bob Dylan, Chemical Brothers to name a few for me).
Old 05-17-05, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Tscott
Sure, NOW it's the least I will pay....

I'm still a member and have about 20 CDs in my queue, I'm just going to buy a little slower now. I had over 80 queued before I found out about the price increase- many "must have's" were purchased in groups of 4 or 5 in the past month, and many more impulse additions to my queue were removed. Some items I might have taken a chance with at 4.99 are somehow a little less appealing at 5.99 ...
I agree totally. It's still a great site, but with all the cds I had on my list, I figured I'd save the $30+ and purchase them at $4.99 a shot. And it's not like they have every cd available on their site. If so, I'd be a member for life. So I grabbed what I wanted, and will be moving on for the time being. I'd still recommend the site to others!

So, no, I'm not upset at all. It just crunched my time frame for buying (yay tax return!).
Old 05-17-05, 07:25 AM

I'm not too upset, I'm just using it to pick up my 1 monthly selection, it's nice to get something new every so often. Does anyone know why there is such a lack of selection? They don't have anything from most of my favorite artists, is it only a deal with select record labels?
Old 05-17-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone ever had wrong CD mailed to them by yourmusic.com? Just recently yourmusic.com sent me a wrong CD. I contacted them and they already shipped the new correct CD to me. They also told me they are sending me a postage-paid label I can use to return the wrong CD. But I haven't receive the postage-paid label from them yet. I'm just wondering usually how long I need to wait to get the label from them.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-25-05, 10:37 PM

Is yourmusic still in business?

Tried to go to the website but couldn't be found also they never shipped my July selection. Anyone know whats going on?
Old 07-25-05, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Interesting....They didn't ship my July selection, but I thought it was because we had a credit card mix up [bank gave us a new one to prevent some fraud and we forgot to tell yourmusic till just the other day.]
One time tonight the site did come up for me, but it said "Our site is now down for scheduled maintenance", so it's possible it's just routine.
Old 07-26-05, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Out of curiousity I went to their site, and all seems normal to me (granted I'm not a member anymore, so I can't access that part of the site).
Old 07-26-05, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, it came up. Yesterday afternoon and last night it wouldn't do anything. I guess they fixed it, whatever 'it' was.
Old 07-26-05, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fliggil
I'm not too upset, I'm just using it to pick up my 1 monthly selection, it's nice to get something new every so often. Does anyone know why there is such a lack of selection? They don't have anything from most of my favorite artists, is it only a deal with select record labels?
I'd guess they make deals with record companies -- and are probably selling a lot of stuff that is still popular but not necessarily "hot." -- There'd be no reason for ther record companies to sell them "hot" titles at a really reduced rate.

Their selection is ok. I have about 35 CDs in my queue.
Old 03-21-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually just ran across this site, and I was wondering if anyone here is still enrolled at yourmusic.com? There are plenty of CDs I want to get, and if this is still a well-run site I'd be interested.

Anyone out there still use this group? Thanks.
Old 03-21-06, 09:27 AM

yeah, i still get the occasional CD from them - still well run and worth it if you're interested.
Old 03-21-06, 11:57 AM

I was a member, cancelled, and then rejoined. The service I have gotten since rejoining has been great. The free shipping seldom takes more than three or four days to arrive, and all of the products are perfect. No complaints at all.
Old 03-21-06, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I rejoined before Christmas to buy one cd as a Christmas present. Rejoined, ordered, shipped, cancelled. No complaints.
Old 12-01-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just got this email..

Thank you for being a valued yourmusic.com customer.

Starting on January 1, 2007, we will be increasing the monthly fee and CD prices at yourmusic.com to $6.99.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription at the $6.99 price, you are free to cancel at any time by accessing your account.

We hope you'll continue to enjoy your subscription and take advantage of our still low price of only $6.99 with free shipping.

Sincerely,
Yourmusic.com
Old 12-01-06, 01:34 PM

Yeah, I got that email too. I've been thinking about canceling anyway because there's just not that much they have that I want. This just helps me make my decision. Maybe in the future when more stuff has been added I'll think about rejoining.
Old 12-01-06, 01:38 PM

I was thinking of rejoining, but after seeing that they are raising the price to $6.99 a month makes my decision easy.....
Old 12-01-06, 06:16 PM

I got the email too. I whittled my queue down from 20+ items to about 9 "must haves". I just ordered 5 of those and plan to quit before the end of the month with or without the remaining four.

Their service has been a lot slower lately, taking over a week to ship orders to me. Plus the site has constant bugs (one recent order somehow mutated so it listed 8 copies of each of the CDs I had ordered- even though I only owed them around $19, the order was listed for several days as being a $150+ order). Then finally I got two shipping notice emails on the same day for this order- one said they were shipped on the 24th, one said they were shipped on the 26th- both said I was charged $19 for the order. I notified them about this order and it was cleared up in a couple days, and I was only charged once, but I'm ready to move on from this service (once the Jesus and Mary Chain dual-discs I ordered get out of backorder status).
Old 12-01-06, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Wow. That's pretty sucky. Guess I better clear out the 4 or 5 discs in my queue. Mostly P-Funk remasters.

It's amazing how shitty this service has gotten..
Old 12-01-06, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Obviously if they're having shipping or billing problems, that's one thing, and I know we're used to 5.99, and really enjoyed the 4.99, but is 6.99 really all that bad for new CDs, with no tax and free shipping [assuming you can find a title you want]? It still seems like it beats the crap out of buying at a B&M or paying 9.99 for an itunes album.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.