DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   One & Only BMG Music Service Thread Part 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/354625-one-only-bmg-music-service-thread-part-2-a.html)

Hollowgen 05-23-04 02:22 AM

Originally posted by potnoodlez
It's just a mistake. It will be fixed in a few days. Yeah, I did receive my free cds. A few were out of stock but they gave me vouchers to choose replacements.
ah, so you've spoken with a csr regarding the error on the website?

potnoodlez 05-23-04 10:51 AM

No, I didn't contact them. I was hoping I could get away without buying anything but they realized their mistake.

Hollowgen 05-23-04 01:56 PM

No, I didn't contact them. I was hoping I could get away without buying anything but they realized their mistake.
ok, i guess i'm still a little confused. what you're saying is that the same thing happened to you, but was corrected in a few days, therefore you're assuming the same will go for pOpus?

potnoodlez 05-23-04 03:59 PM

Yes. I know it has happened to others before and it was always corrected. It seems like it's the default setting when you open an account with a PSN but I'm not certain.

Hollowgen 05-23-04 04:37 PM

hm, ok. well i've just attempted to open an account with WXR, so i'll report back once i've been accepted.

DVD Josh 05-25-04 09:09 AM

If anyone has an extra Preferred Status Number lying around, I could really use one. Please e-mail me through the link. Thanks very much!

aisle9 05-25-04 08:47 PM

it's been an while since I've seen a BMG B1G3 code....anyone?

Hollowgen 05-26-04 01:33 PM

Originally posted by Hollowgen
hm, ok. well i've just attempted to open an account with WXR, so i'll report back once i've been accepted.
just accepted, and it was apparently a fluke. no such luck for my purchase requirements. however, i was able to submit a new member application while the site was having other problems... i managed to get some box sets for my enrollment package! if there's one thing that gives CH an advantage over BMG, it's a buggy website that benefits the customer :)

Hollowgen 05-27-04 12:57 PM

Originally posted by aisle9
it's been an while since I've seen a BMG B1G3 code....anyone?
To get the "Buy 1, Get 3 Free" offer, enter promotion code "E4MD" in the box on the left side of our homepage. Hurry! Offer expires 06/30/04.

potnoodlez 05-27-04 01:48 PM

just accepted, and it was apparently a fluke. no such luck for my purchase requirements. however, i was able to submit a new member application while the site was having other problems... i managed to get some box sets for my enrollment package! if there's one thing that gives CH an advantage over BMG, it's a buggy website that benefits the customer :)
Sweet, I hope you receive them! I tried signing up for a new account last night. I couldn't order any box sets, but a bunch of 2 disc sets came up as 1 cd in my cart. Unfortunately, when I placed my order they came up as 2 disc sets. So if you score those box sets you end up with a really sweet deal!

diesteldorf 05-27-04 02:23 PM

To get the "Buy 1, Get 3 Free" offer, enter promotion code "E4MD" in the box on the left side of our homepage. Hurry! Offer expires 06/30/04.

I tried this code and it seemned to be accepted. However, it always charges me full price for my 3rd FREE selection.

Can anyone actually get this to work?

Hollowgen 05-27-04 03:21 PM

Originally posted by diesteldorf
I tried this code and it seemned to be accepted. However, it always charges me full price for my 3rd FREE selection.

Can anyone actually get this to work?

hm, yes, just tried it. must be an error. they'll likely have it fixed soon. they usually send out e-mails when they have the bugs corrected.

love_DVDs 05-31-04 10:35 AM

One account, which is already fulfilled, has the B1G3 Free offer on the website when I log in without a code. However, the other account, which is not fulfilled yet, does not. If I enter the code B1G3 free, it always charged me for the 3rd selection. If I enter the code to fulfill, it became B1G1 free. Anyone has the same problem?

atlantamoi 06-01-04 07:27 AM

How were you even able to see box sets when you signed up? I mean, did I just strike out looking for the 10 I was curious about?
CH website blows compared to BMG. At least BMG will let you see a box even if you can't add it to the cart. Would love if someone could list one box available on CH so that I can at least see if I was just searching for the wrong boxes. I searched for popular titles like Petty, Dylan, Velvet Underground, etc... I own them already, but want to see if I can at least find ANY boxes.

Hollowgen 06-01-04 01:33 PM

Originally posted by atlantamoi
How were you even able to see box sets when you signed up? I mean, did I just strike out looking for the 10 I was curious about?
CH website blows compared to BMG. At least BMG will let you see a box even if you can't add it to the cart. Would love if someone could list one box available on CH so that I can at least see if I was just searching for the wrong boxes. I searched for popular titles like Petty, Dylan, Velvet Underground, etc... I own them already, but want to see if I can at least find ANY boxes.

they technically won't let you get box sets, or even see that they have them upon enrollment. the site was screwy, so i took advantage of that. it's typically down and/or full of glitches on the weekends, i've noticed. i just thought i'd mention it there so others could be on the lookout for it and realize that my new member application was indeed approved with the box sets.

potnoodlez 06-01-04 03:52 PM

Originally posted by atlantamoi

You can only view box sets if you are a member of the club. I was hoping I could catch the glitch Hollowgen mentioned so I could order AC/DC's Bonfire but it did not appear as an enrollment selection. They definitely carry it though because I can find it when I log into my account. If you are looking for any particular sets let me know and I'll look them up for you, but you won't be able to find them for yourself without some sort of glitch.

Hollowgen, let us know if you actually receive the box sets!

atlantamoi 06-01-04 04:43 PM

Thanks guys... CH really should go the way of BMG and let you see all they have to offer. I wouldn't care that they have restrictions on what you can enroll on, but what stores do you know that keep things hidden from potential buyers (besides pawn shops!)? potnoodlez, thanks for the offer on looking up box sets, but I just wanted to peruse all of it and at least see what a member can get. I would take up too much of your time.

love_DVDs 06-07-04 09:40 PM

got the code B1G3 free (BMG) worked on an unfulfilled account last week. Got an email saying the CDs were shipped on 6/4 and received them today 6/7 - the fastest I've ever seen. Also got other 4 free CDs as promised. <br>
Edited - maybe because I paid online by a credit card? The CDs were shipped right after the charge was clear.

potnoodlez 06-09-04 12:25 PM

Tomorrow is reduced shipping for CH.

DVD Josh 06-09-04 02:08 PM

Tomorrow is reduced shipping for CH.
Got the e-mail as well...any idea what the "reduced" charge usually is?

love_DVDs 06-10-04 09:39 AM

got the email as well. The website does say that 1.99 for each additional CD after 2.99 for the first selection. However, the check out page wasnt updated yet, it still showed regular shipping @2.99 each at 10:30AM East Coast time.

DVD Josh 06-10-04 10:03 AM

Not too much later, but the site is also showing $2.99 each for me. Not so great of deal, so I'll pass.

potnoodlez 06-10-04 02:53 PM

Originally posted by DVD Josh
Got the e-mail as well...any idea what the "reduced" charge usually is?
The last time I ordered on reduced shipping it was $2.24 per cd. Not the greatest deal around, but I wound up saving a little more on reduced shipping instead of their normal 10% off sale.

If you do B1G3 for 2.99 for the first one and 1.99 for the rest it still comes out to $2.24 per cd or $8.96 in total. So you save $3. Again, it's not the greatest deal but it beats 10% which is the only other sale they run.

The last time I ordered the reduced shipping didn't show up on their site for me either but I did get the sale without having contact them.

raspy 06-28-04 02:35 PM

BMG 70 % off code expires 6/30

F4OD2 or F4OD6

not as good as 60% off with free shipping (in most cases). Anyone get one of those?

raspy

potnoodlez 06-28-04 03:07 PM

I don't have a 60% off but there is a 50% off with free shipping. F4OD13.

F4OD10 is another 70% off code.