DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Looking for a fogless mirror for my shower, any ideas or bargains? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/251693-looking-fogless-mirror-my-shower-any-ideas-bargains.html)

neiname 11-18-02 01:45 PM

Looking for a fogless mirror for my shower, any ideas or bargains?

Thanks

Meatpants 11-18-02 02:58 PM

Bed Bath & Beyond and Linens N Things often have coupons, they sell fogless mirrors.

http://www.savinghunter.com/printabl...ensnThings.gif

SuperJim88 11-18-02 05:30 PM

-eek- There is a such thing as fogless mirror? WOW

Buford T Pusser 11-18-02 08:55 PM

I have one from Sharper Image that I never installed and have been meaning to put on Ebay. It was $40 new but you can have it for $12 plus shipping.

Email me if interested.

Here's one that sold on Ebay for $21. It looks like the circle might be silver colored, but mine is white and matches the connector line.

http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_...4e45c2/i-1.JPG

kantonburg 11-18-02 10:29 PM

It's shower science. You can't argue with science :D

xpguy 11-19-02 02:59 AM

do you really need a fogless mirror?

isn't there a kind of stuff that you can put on regular mirrors to make regular mirrors fogless? i know there's stuff for eyeglasses that you can put on to make them not fog up

kar10 11-19-02 08:45 AM

Now...........

wax?

This new spray you can use for you car windshield and you can also use this for that small mirror in the shower.

towbinaj 11-19-02 02:12 PM

I just bought one at Target for $6. It is a square mirror with places to hold 4 razors and a bar of soap or whatever else you might want to hold in the shower. The mirror is 4x6 inches and the whole contraption is 6x12 inches. It sticks on to the shower wall with suction cups. It is fantastic!

BDB 05-05-03 09:28 AM

bump.

so how are the mirrors working, I have had one for a while now and while it was good it's now crap.

neiname 05-05-03 10:20 AM

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
bump.

so how are the mirrors working, I have had one for a while now and while it was good it's now crap.

Never ended up getting one, while I am now shaving in the shower I am doing it blind and touching up when I get out. I'm atually getting used to it and getting most of it.

chillg8r 05-05-03 10:48 AM

Mine fogs up also....I'll never buy one again although I amy try some Rain-X.

gtr986 05-05-03 02:50 PM

Try rubbing some conditionerless shampoo on the mirror. It should stay fog free long enough for you to shave. It works for me anyhow.

gtr986

mikedep 05-05-03 02:52 PM

don't know if this will work "inside" the shower but it's worth a try:

i saw haley's hints on pbs the other day and he said you could rub some shaving cream on the mirror, then wipe it off. this is supposed to keep the mirror from fogging up.

also saw this on the net:
http://www.hometalkers.com/forums/showthread/t-514.html

hope this helps.

BDB 05-05-03 03:15 PM

have tried the shaving foam thing, and no luck really

Reelfun20 05-05-03 04:30 PM

Try a dive shop. They sell stuff you can spray inside your scuba mask to keep them from fogging up underwater. Might work on mirrors, but I don't know.

DAC 05-05-03 07:18 PM

http://www.amazing-solutions.com/ima...s/antifog3.jpg

grrrah 05-05-03 08:41 PM

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
have tried the shaving foam thing, and no luck really
I tired it and it worked!, but only lasted a couple days.

Cygnet74 05-06-03 07:57 PM

avoid mirrors by z'fogless (or something like that)... the mirror only remained fogless for a month.

changingman 05-06-03 09:24 PM

Sharper Image one has worked for me the past year. Virtually fog-free.

mjquilly 05-06-03 09:57 PM

Originally posted by towbinaj
I just bought one at Target for $6. It is a square mirror with places to hold 4 razors and a bar of soap or whatever else you might want to hold in the shower. The mirror is 4x6 inches and the whole contraption is 6x12 inches. It sticks on to the shower wall with suction cups. It is fantastic!
I bought the same one a few months ago. Highly reccomended. But now I hate going places where I can't shave in the shower.

Bond007Fox 05-06-03 10:21 PM

id like to get one of those..

anyone have a linky please?

spyzdope 05-06-03 11:59 PM

Originally posted by towbinaj
I've gotten those from Target too. They have a couple of drawbacks, but they're so cheap it doesn't really matter.

For one thing they gradually lose their ability to stay fog-free over time. After a couple of months, you'll notice that they start getting foggy again within less than a minute or so, however you can just spray/splash some water accross it to buy yourself another 30-60 seconds or so of fog-free use. This is obviously much easier if you have a shower head that is on a hose, since you can just hold the shower head there, alternating between spraying the mirror surface and using it to rinse your razor. Eventually, it will get so bad that you'll have to throw it out and buy another one, but since it's only about $6 it's not a big deal. Also, IIRC the instructions tell you to spray it with some Formula 409 (or other household cleaners) if it starts getting foggy, but when I did that I found that it put a bunch of tiny cracks in the surface of the mirror. If you try using this method, I would suggest that you thouroughly rinse the cleaner off, becuase I think the cracks developed over time since I didn't rinse it off of the mirror every time I used it.

The other drawback is that the places to hold the 4 razors are too small to hold a Gillette Mach 3 razor which I use, so I just set it on the little shelf.

SpacemanSpiff 04-29-05 11:10 PM

i gotta bump this thread, i bought a 10 dollar mirror from bed bath and beyond a couple of months ago and the stupid thing is fogged up all the time now
im gonna try to return it but they probably wont go for it

any ideas?

RVP 04-30-05 10:29 AM

I bought a cheap one from Target and it lasted about a month before it started to fog up. I have read that this type of mirror works well. Fogless mirror

It connects before your shower head and usses the hot water to heat up the mirror.

Buford T Pusser 04-30-05 12:17 PM

I have one of those RVP is talking about. I mentioned it earlier in the thread. It came from Sharper Image and has never been out of the box.

I offered it to sell it to someone before and they emailed me but I couldn't find the thing. I've since found it in case anyone is interested.