Horror FREAKS! Click here to visit this social group

What would be your idea for the ultimate horror film?

Old 01-12-09, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What would be your idea for the ultimate horror film?

Let your imagination run wild. Maybe it's a pairing of famous monsters ala Freddy vs. Jason or maybe it's an original idea or crazy concept of your own. What is the horror movie that you would love to see.
Old 01-13-09, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: What would be your idea for the ultimate horror film?

Well, my favorite thing about horror is seeing something that I didn't expect... and not knowing what is going to happen. So THAT would be the ultimate horror film to me. The last movie to creep me out a little was the original version of The Eye so I'm looking for something to creep me out again.

As for wishful thinking, I always thought it would be cool to see a movie with many horror icons in it: Freddy, Jason, Frankenstein (monster), Dracula, Michael Myers, Pinhead, Wolfman, The Mummy, Ash, Chucky, Creature from the Black Lagoon, etc... kind of like a modern day Monster Squad.
Old 01-19-09, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd love a movie that is just totally relentless. No jokes to break the tension. Just keep building to an ending that will blow me away.
Old 01-21-09, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus View Post
I'd love a movie that is just totally relentless. No jokes to break the tension. Just keep building to an ending that will blow me away.
I love relentless and you so rarely see it.
I've wanted to see a Jason movie where he's not hiding in the bushes because he's unstoppable. He's out in the open, slowly walking down a busy main street in a major city and brutally killing anyone who's stupid enough to come up to him. The TV news teams cover it which only brings more crazies trying to take Jason on with a large, growing crowd of onlookers cheering them on. All challengers get diced and the crowds start to slowing vanish. The police arrive and they get sliced. Then the feds; same fate all captured on TV. The mayor calls in his best guys and comes up with plan after brilliant plan, all fail. It looks hopeless. It is hopeless. Suddenly, Jason shows up at city hall . . .