Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Radiance Films - from Fran Simeoni, formerly of Arrow

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Radiance Films - from Fran Simeoni, formerly of Arrow

Old 05-08-24, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,993 Likes on 1,312 Posts
Re: Radiance Films - from Fran Simeoni, formerly of Arrow

Old 06-05-24, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

FREE UK SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER £50 SHOP NOW
SEPTEMBER RELEASES

In its Blu-ray world premiere we are delighted to present Seijun Suzuki's classic period yakuza tale of brotherhood and honour. Featuring a new audio commentary by Suzuki biographer William Carroll and newly edited archival interviews with Suzuki, art director Takeo Kimura and more.

Released in the UK and US/Canada: September 23rd/24th

Damiano Damiani returns to Mafia themes but this time showing the effect on a single man who refuses to kneel. This riveting crime drama features stars Giuliano Gemma and Michele Placido on top form and comes newly restored in 4K and featuring a host of new and archival interviews.

Released in the UK and US/Canada: September 23rd/24th

Elio Petri adapts Leonardo's Sciascia's novel with Gian Maria Volonté as an amateur investigator caught up in a conspiracy involving Church and Mafia. The film won best screenplay at the Cannes Film Festival and an Italian Golden Globe for Volonté. Newly restored, it is released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.

Released in the UK: September 23rd

Elio Petri brings real life couple Franco Nero and Vanessa Redgrave together for this horror about art, sex and madness, set to an eerie score by Ennio Morricone. A UK Blu-ray premiere, this edition features new and archival extras along with a booklet featuring new writing.

GRINDHOUSE RELEASING
We are pleased to welcome Grindhouse Releasing as our latest Hosted Label. The celebrated boutique founded by Oscar-winning editor Bob Murawski and actor Sage Stallone makes its UK debut with the highly regarded restoration and release of Death Game. The 2-disc edition features a host of special features including booklet and slipcover in the first pressing.

LATEST ANNOUNCEMENTS SHOP NOW

OFFERS

As with our current bundle (ending today) September's bundle will automatically update when each item is added to cart, giving 10% off the total bundle price. The bundle offer will be available until July 3rd.

Add at least four titles to be eligible. Bundle discount automatically applied at checkout!

Old 07-10-24, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Old 07-10-24, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 694 Likes on 514 Posts

I’m impressed with Radiance’s efforts to get a better cross-section of vintage Japanese films released over here compared to a lot of companies revisiting the more well-known choices. I’ve seen SNOW WOMAN – can’t remember how or when – as well as a 2021 pseudo-pinky retelling of the same legend that doesn’t exist according to IMDb but which is very much in stock at my local library, of all places! (there was also a mainstream version in 2016)

I’ve seen a couple of versions of THE GHOST OF YOTSUYA over the years (there are many), but not the Kenji Misumi take on it.

I’ve seen a couple of the Radiance Japanese boxes in stores here (SHINOBI and BOUNTY HUNTER) and they’re tempting, but my budget only allows for a sale, something I wish they’d have morr often.

SNOW WOMAN trailer

(I think this is the trailer for the YOTSUYA film that’s in the box:
Old 07-10-24, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 372 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Elio Petri brings real life couple Franco Nero and Vanessa Redgrave together for this horror about art, sex and madness, set to an eerie score by Ennio Morricone. A UK Blu-ray premiere, this edition features new and archival extras along with a booklet featuring new writing.

I had A Quiet Place In The Country on dvd at one time and enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to picking up the Radiance blu-ray.