DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Blu rays with long Making Of supplemental features (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/655147-blu-rays-long-making-supplemental-features.html)

ViewAskewbian 03-31-22 01:51 PM

Blu rays with long Making Of supplemental features

Just finished watch Hell Boy 1 and 2 and both films have a 2 1/2 plus making of doc. I love this behind scenes stuff.
Obviously LOTR and The Hobbit films are the bench mark to huge making off features longer then the films. Bladerunner also comes to mind.

Share some others with me.

TheMovieman 03-31-22 01:59 PM

Re: Blu rays with long Making Of supplemental features

I think pretty much any movie from Ridley Scott has extensive making-of featurettes like Kingdom of Heaven. Also I recall all of the Alien movies (the first four anyway) having long making-ofs as well. The most illuminating was Alien 3.

ViewAskewbian 03-31-22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman (Post 14083007)
I think pretty much any movie from Ridley Scott has extensive making-of featurettes like Kingdom of Heaven. Also I recall all of the Alien movies (the first four anyway) having long making-ofs as well. The most illuminating was Alien 3.

Oh yes, those Alien discs are fantastic. Gladiator, too, has a great one. Permetheus, too.

Cardsfan111 03-31-22 02:03 PM

I'd have to go back and check but one or more of the releases of Rob Zombie's Halloween had a huge one (4+ hours, if I recall).

OldBoy 03-31-22 02:55 PM

Iron Man...saw the making of twice. great stuff.
Empire of Dreams from the OT Star Wars saga.

Why So Blu? 03-31-22 03:55 PM

Blade Runner: Final Cut has the epic Dangerous Days documentary, which is like 4 hours. A few of the participants have passed away since, as well.

milo bloom 03-31-22 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14083056)
Empire of Dreams from the OT Star Wars saga.

That was on the first trilogy DVD set, did it get brought over to any of the Bluray or 4K sets?

Josh Z 03-31-22 05:07 PM

The Sleeper Must Awaken: The Making of Dune (82 minutes). A very good and thorough doc, available in this sucker, which is sadly a major PITA to get to the United States.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...2600434f24.jpg

It's also in the German SteelBook, which is somewhat less difficult to import.

I believe Arrow put it on their streaming platform, though I don't subscribe so I'm not sure if you can watch it in the USA or only in England.

OldBoy 03-31-22 05:31 PM

^ I got that German set. Haven’t got to doc yet.

OldBoy 03-31-22 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 14083108)
That was on the first trilogy DVD set, did it get brought over to any of the Bluray or 4K sets?

i think it’s in the trilogy Blu-ray set that was released. Could be wrong.

Paff 03-31-22 06:47 PM

Sleep Tight had a great making-of doc that was 6 minutes longer than the film itself. And it was complete, as in it went from the pre-production phase to the filming, to post, and distribution.

Kurt D 03-31-22 08:23 PM

The hunger games, at least the download version, has a feature length making of documentary plus a bunch of other stuff. The making of doc is easily as good if not possibly better than the movie itself and explains everything in such a logical wonderful, inspirational way. Highly recommended

DJariya 03-31-22 08:28 PM

Terminator: Genisys has a 2+ hour documentary on the making of the movie. But, it's not a true 2 hour documentary. It's a bunch of featurettes that range from a few minutes to 10+ minutes and there is a "Play all" option to make it 2+ hours.

DJariya 03-31-22 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by milo bloom (Post 14083108)

I don't think so. Empire of Dreams was only in that OT DVD Box set for physical media.

The only other place you can watch it is on Disney +

Josh Z 03-31-22 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 14083189)
^ I got that German set. Haven’t got to doc yet.

Did your acrylic case survive shipping intact? Mine didn't.

davidh777 04-01-22 01:24 AM

Rent has a great two-hour documentary about the history of the show and the movie.

OldBoy 04-01-22 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Z (Post 14083354)
Did your acrylic case survive shipping intact? Mine didn't.

yeah, it was perfect when i received it. no dings or anything.

ViewAskewbian 04-01-22 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 14083381)
Rent has a great two-hour documentary about the history of the show and the movie.

Yes, that DOC on Larson is a great one to pair with Tick Tick Boom