Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Old 07-09-18, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
Re: The Official Arrow Blu-ray Thread

Definitely, The Last House On The Left turned out nicely and is the definitive edition.

http://doblu.com/2018/06/19/the-last...lu-ray-review/
Old 07-14-18, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 612 Likes on 450 Posts

Surprise announcement from Arrow yesterday: CANDYMAN LIMITED EDITION - October 29, 2018
https://arrowfilms.com/product-detai...lu-ray/FCD1820

Supposedly Region B but deep down in the Twitter replies Bernard Rose joined in (posting pics of him and the DP working on the transfer) and claimed its coming to the U.S. as well, which suggests it might be one of the 10 titles Shout announces at SDCC. Which then further suggests exclusive bonus features that will force people to buy both. Guess we'll see.

Solid package either way:

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restoration from a new 4k scan of the original negative, supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond

• 5.1 DTS-HD MA and Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio

• Optional English subtitles

• Exclusive packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

• 6 Lobby Card reproductions

• Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth

• Limited Edition perfect-bound booklet reproducing the original hand-painted storyboards by Bernard Rose

• Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd

• Brand new audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman

• Be My Victim – a brand new interview with Tony Todd

• It Was Always You, Helen – a brand new interview with Virginia Madsen

• The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – a brand new interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart

• Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – brand new interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier

• A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”

• Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman – a critical analysis of the film with writers Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes

• Theatrical Trailer

• Three rarely-seen Bernard Rose short films, newly restored in HD: Looking at Alice (30 mins, 1978), A Bomb With No Name on It (3 mins, 1976), The Wreckers (5 mins)

Last edited by Brian T; 07-14-18 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-14-18, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I'm just glad to get to retire my dvd.
Old 07-27-18, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Terry Gilliam

• DTS 5.1 Master Audio

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing

• Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven

• The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)

• Extensive image galley

• Theatrical trailer

• More to be announced!

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Nathan Rabin and archive materials

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements, supervised and approved by writer-director Jim VanBebber

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation

• Original uncompressed PCM mono audio

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

• Brand new free-wheeling audio commentary with Jim VanBebber (’Goose’, The Ravens’ Gang Leader), actor Paul Harper (’Danny Carmodi’, The Spyders’ Gang Leader) and guest Cody Lee Hardin, moderated by filmmaker Victor Bonacore (Diary of a Deadbeat: The Story of Jim VanBebber)

• Jim VanBebber, Deadbeat Forever! – a brand new retrospective documentary on VanBebber and the Deadbeat legacy by Filmmaker Victor Bonacore, featuring first-time interviews, super-rare footage, VanBebber’s college films and much, much more!

• Archival 1986 behind-the-scenes documentary – Nate Pennington’s VHS documentary on a failed Deadbeat shoot

• Outtakes, newly transferred in HD

• Four newly-restored VanBebber short films – Into the Black (1983, 34 mins), My Sweet Satan (1993, 19 mins), Roadkill: The Last Days of John Martin (1994, 14 mins) and Gator Green (2013, 16 mins)

• Jim VanBebber Music Video Collection, featuring never-before-seen Director’s Cuts

• Chunkblower – promotional trailer for an unfinished Gary Blair Smith-produced gore-soaked feature film

• Extensive Image Gallery – Never-Before-Seen Stills!

• Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Peter Strain

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector's booklet featuring new writing by Scott Gabbey and Graham Rae

LIMTED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original negative by Arrow Films

• Original uncompressed 1.0 mono and optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

• Original English and Italian soundtracks

• Newly translated, optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack

• Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack

• Audio commentary with star Catriona MacColl and journalist Jay Slater

• Audio commentary with star Giovanni Lombardo Radice and writer Calum Waddell

• We Are the Apocalypse, new interview with writer Dardano Sacchetti

• Through Your Eyes, new interview with Catriona MacColl

• Dust in the Wind, new interview with cameraman Roberto Forges Davanzati

• The Art of Dreaming, new interview with production designer Massimo Antonello Geleng

• Tales of Friendship, new interview with cinematographer Sergio Salvati

• I Walked with a Zombie, new interview with actor Giovanni Lombardo Radice

• They Call Him "Bombardone", new interview with special effects artist Gino De Rossi

• The Horror Family, new interview with father and son actors Venantino and Luca Venantini

• Previously unseen interview with composer Fabio Frizzi

• Archival interview with actor Carlo De Mejo

• Building Fulci’s City, a new video interview with Stephen Thrower, author of the definitive tome, Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci

• Reflections on Fulci, a new appraisal of Fulci’s Gothic period by actor, writer and director Andy Nyman (Ghost Stories)

• The Dead Are Alive!, a new video essay by Kat Ellinger on Lucio Fulci and the Italian zombie cycle

• Behind the scenes 8mm footage with Roberto Forges Davanzati audio commentary

• Alternative US Gates of Hell opening credits

• Original trailers and radio spots

• Extensive image gallery featuring over 150 stills, posters and other ephemera from the FAB Press and Mike Siegel archives

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Wes Benscoter

• Double-sided fold-out poster

• 6 lobby card reproductions

• Limited 60-page booklet featuring new writing by Travis Crawford and Roberto Curti, an archival interview with Lucio Fulci, and original reviews

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative

• Original lossless mono soundtrack

• Audio commentary by writer/director John Landis and makeup artist Rick Baker

• New video interview with author and critic Kim Newman

• Birth of a Schlock, a 2017 video interview with John Landis

• Archival video interview with cinematographer Bob Collins

• 1972, 1979 and 1982 US theatrical trailers

• US radio spots

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by Arrow Films

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of both versions of the film: the 94-minute Italian and 90-minute English cuts

• Original lossless Italian and English mono soundtracks*

• English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack

• New audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, author of All the Colours of Sergio Martino

• New video interview with co-writer/director Sergio Martino

• New video interview with actor Luc Merenda

• New video interview with co-writer Ernesto Gastaldi

• New video interview with filmmaker Federica Martino, daughter of Sergio Martino

• New video interview with Mikel J. Koven, author of La Dolce Morte: Vernacular Cinema and the Italian Giallo Film

• 2017 Abertoir International Horror Festival Q&A with Sergio Martino

• Italian and English theatrical trailers

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais
Old 07-27-18, 09:03 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

are those region locked? the current US version has that Hamster Factor doc too, right?
Old 07-27-18, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ I think they all are except for Torso.
Old 07-27-18, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
are those region locked? the current US version has that Hamster Factor doc too, right?
Per Arrow's Facebook page:

12 Monkeys - UK/US/CA
Candyman - UK
City of the Living Dead - UK
Deadbeat at Dawn - UK/US/CA
It's Getting Weirder! The Making of House II - UK
Schlock - UK/US/CA
Torso - US/CA

Titles listed only for UK will most likely be Region B locked. The others should be Regions A/B.
Old 07-29-18, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Very excited for Deadbeat At Dawn & Candyman!

I still have my Dark Sky Films release of Deadbeat At Dawn on DVD. I'm glad this upcoming release will put the film back in print and accessible to anyone who wants to see it, as the prices on Amazon Marketplace & Ebay for said DVD are absurd.

Also looking forward to that 4K Restoration of Candyman. I kept the 2004 DVD release of the film because the A/V treatment of the film around the world hasn't been great.
Old 07-29-18, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Ooh, nice! Is there a pre-order link for the 12Monkeys first pressing?
Old 07-29-18, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Since 12 Monkeys will be released in the US, that means that Arrow will now be releasing Universal Studios Films?? The possibilities!
Old 07-29-18, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
Since 12 Monkeys will be released in the US, that means that Arrow will now be releasing Universal Studios Films?? The possibilities!
Normally it's been Scream/Shout Factory releasing the Universal distributed ones stateside.
Old 08-31-18, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

LIMTED EDITION CONTENTS

• Original 5.1 and 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and optional English 2.0 DTS Headphone:X Audio

• Optional Descriptive Video Service® (DVS®) for the visually impaired

• Audio commentary by co-writer and director Guillermo Del Toro

• The House is Alive: Constructing Crimson Peak, a newly edited, feature-length documentary with cast and crew interviews and extensive behind the scenes footage

• Previously unseen Spanish language interview with Guillermo Del Toro

• The Gothic Corridor, The Scullery, The Red Clay Mines, The Limbo Fog Set; four featurettes exploring different aspects of Allerdale Hall

• A Primer on Gothic Romance, the director and stars talk about the key traits of Gothic romance.

• The Light and Dark of Crimson Peak, the cast and crew talk about the film’s use of color

• Hand Tailored Gothic, a featurette on the film’s striking costumes

• A Living Thing, a look at the design, modelling and construction of the Allerdale Hall sets

• Beware of Crimson Peak, a walking tour around Allerdale Hall with Tom Hiddleston

• Crimson Phantoms, a featurette on the film’s amazing ghosts

• Kim Newman on Crimson Peak and the Tradition of Gothic Romance, a newly filmed interview with author and critic

• Violence and Beauty in Guillermo Del Toro’s Gothic Fairy Tale Films, a new video essay by the writer Kat Ellinger

• Deleted scenes

• Original trailers and TV spots

• Double-sided, fold-out poster

• Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions

• Limited Edition packaging newly designed by Crimson Peak concept artist Guy Davis

• Limited edition 80-page, hard-bound book featuring new writing by David Jenkins and Simon Abrams, an archival interview with Guillermo del Toro, and original conceptual design illustrations by artists Guy Davis and Oscar Chichoni
Old 08-31-18, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't see that one coming. Seems to come from the idea that all of the films from a certain director are worthy of a a SE. Now I wonder if Criterion will follow suit and add it to their collection of Del Toro films.
Old 08-31-18, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Excited beyond words about the remastered Django!
Old 08-31-18, 11:02 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Yes!

The DePalma De Niro set is interesting. I have shitty DVDs of those. I don’t remember the movies being that good.
Old 08-31-18, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did a post get deleted that linked to Django and De Palma?
Old 08-31-18, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Did a post get deleted that linked to Django and De Palma?

No, I only posted the CP one.
Old 08-31-18, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
No, I only posted the CP one.
Where's the link to the other announcements that they are seeing?
Old 08-31-18, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Didn't see that one coming. Seems to come from the idea that all of the films from a certain director are worthy of a a SE. Now I wonder if Criterion will follow suit and add it to their collection of Del Toro films.
The Arrow announcement claims that Crimson Peak is a UK/US release, which means they licensed it for the American market and Criterion can't.
Old 08-31-18, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,237 Posts

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FArrowVideo%2Fposts%2F2103901912977125&width=500" width="500" height="559" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FArrowVideo%2Fposts%2F2103894722977844&width=500" width="500" height="663" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FArrowVideo%2Fposts%2F2103892236311426&width=500" width="500" height="443" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FArrowVideo%2Fposts%2F2103890059644977&width=500" width="500" height="719" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
Old 08-31-18, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Yep, this is great news.
Old 08-31-18, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Never seen the Django films. Assuming I'm still up for spaghetti Westerns after exploring the ones I already have (and the ones I'll pick up in a near future Kino sale), this set looks promising.

I was on a HUGE DePalma kick earlier this year, revisiting most of his late 70's early 80's work. I've come to really love this material, and his style, as I get older. The only early film of his I've been curious about is Home Movies. I'm not sure about this set though. I'll have to read up on the films first, as I'm sure plot wise there may be enough to hold my attention.
Old 09-21-18, 07:04 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Obvious Price Error Alert:

Amazon's Canadian site has the Last House on the Left 3 disc Limited Edition set for $7.99 CAD right now. It has to be some kind of mistake, but according to some folks at Blu ray dot com who have ordered and received them it has been confirmed to be the 3 disc LE (2 Blu-rays, 1 CD, booklet, poster, slipcase, etc).

Here's the link:

Amazon Amazon

If a much higher price is shown, make sure to click just below that, it should say "New from $x.xx". Get your order in before someone wakes up.
Old 09-21-18, 07:32 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by slybone
Obvious Price Error Alert:

Amazon's Canadian site has the Last House on the Left 3 disc Limited Edition set for $7.99 CAD right now. It has to be some kind of mistake, but according to some folks at Blu ray dot com who have ordered and received them it has been confirmed to be the 3 disc LE (2 Blu-rays, 1 CD, booklet, poster, slipcase, etc).

Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.ca/Last-House-Lef...oding=UTF8&me=

If a much higher price is shown, make sure to click just below that, it should say "New from $x.xx". Get your order in before someone wakes up.
Following the link will just take you to the US site, so just go to amazon.ca and search for it. Also shipping to the US is more than the movie.
Old 09-21-18, 07:45 AM

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Following the link will just take you to the US site, so just go to amazon.ca and search for it. Also shipping to the US is more than the movie.
True about the shipping charge, but it still works out to be about 1/2 the price verses the US Amazon price, roughly $15 total including shipping from Canada verses over $30 shipped from Amazon US.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.