Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-16, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Official Arrow Blu-ray Thread

Originally Posted by islandclaws
The cases TT uses are thinner than Arrow's, so the cover art wouldn't quite fit.
I don't have any Arrow releases, so I wouldn't know how their cases differed from TT's. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-27-16, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by islandclaws
The cases TT uses are thinner than Arrow's, so the cover art wouldn't quite fit.
Damn. I've tried contacting them twice with no response, so I think that's the answer. I've never seen a clear three- disc case anywhere else.
Old 07-27-16, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Damn. I've tried contacting them twice with no response, so I think that's the answer. I've never seen a clear three- disc case anywhere else.
When I received my Deep Red LE from Amazon UK, the case (3-Disc Clear BD) was shattered in at least 5-6 pieces when it got to me

Emailed Arrow about a replacement case and they told me they don't care replacement cases, that I should contact who I bought it from.
Old 07-27-16, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep. I'm a reviewer and my recent copy of Suture came smashed to shit. I contacted my PR rep and even he said he can't get replacement cases. Pretty lame. I'm having a bitch of a time finding anything that works.
Old 07-28-16, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by asianxcore
When I received my Deep Red LE from Amazon UK, the case (3-Disc Clear BD) was shattered in at least 5-6 pieces when it got to me.

Emailed Arrow about a replacement case and they told me they don't care replacement cases, that I should contact who I bought it from.
Damn. I ordered it from Amazon UK a month or more ago, so I doubt they'd honor it .
Old 07-29-16, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 608 Likes on 447 Posts

Amazon UK is usually pretty good about shipping replacements for damaged stock shipped overseas, but because the Deep Red LE sold out, it's probably impossible to find a replacement case (short of ordering two copies of one of their different 3-disc sets during their semi-annual UK website sales).

My situation with that one was just as bad. I pre-ordered it last year at a great price and it got lost in the mail (or possibly mis-delivered to a neighbour who wasn't kind enough to deliver it to me). Amazon gave me a refund, but talk about a sorely missed opportunity.
Old 07-29-16, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
Damn. I ordered it from Amazon UK a month or more ago, so I doubt they'd honor it .
Amazon UK couldn't replace the Deep Red LE due to it being limited, so they gave me a full refund. Wouldn't hurt to try and contact Amazon UK.
Old 07-29-16, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mondo-Digital's review of the Female Prisoner Scorpion Box Set

The new Blue/Green Tint that is on all of the films in this Arrow set gets addressed.

http://www.mondo-digital.com/femaleconvict.html

I cancelled my pre-order last week when Ian Jane first posted test disc screenshots over at Rock Shock Pop.
Old 07-30-16, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Got my Female Prisoner Scorpion set today. I hope to be able to watch some of it tonight. I was initially surprised when I saw the thin clear cases inside. They're actually thinner than a standard blu-ray case. I kind of like them for these box sets. Hopefully they continue to use them.
Old 07-30-16, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

The Female Prisoner Scorpion set is going to generate wildly differing reactions. The films look much different than what people have seen before. There could be riots.
Old 07-30-16, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Amazon UK couldn't replace the Deep Red LE due to it being limited, so they gave me a full refund. Wouldn't hurt to try and contact Amazon UK.
This isn't anything limited, but like I said, I bought it a month or more ago, and Amazon already replaced another Arrow disc for me, and they're overseas. I just don't think they'd be willing to do it again. I'll ask though. I wonder who Arrow get their cases from? It's pretty annoying that they won't replace them. Shame you can't get those from some supplier or eBay or something.
Old 08-02-16, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/Bride-Re-Anim...edigitalbit-20

Looks like Bride of Re-Animator is being re-released as a 2-disc version on October 18th.
Old 08-02-16, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://www.amazon.com/Bride-Re-Anim...edigitalbit-20

Looks like Bride of Re-Animator is being re-released as a 2-disc version on October 18th.
I've all ready seen the standard edition at Best Buy.
Old 08-04-16, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm past my return period with Amazon UK. Curse you Arrow ! All I need is a case! First world problems.
Old 08-05-16, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The Female Prisoner Scorpion set is going to generate wildly differing reactions. The films look much different than what people have seen before. There could be riots.
Boy you aren't kidding on that one. The other forum is essentially writing Arrow off. DVDBeaver on the other hand (and the Facebook group) are very much happy with it.

For my money, they look great. I am getting the discs next week, so that will be my final say.
Old 08-06-16, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by macnorton
Boy you aren't kidding on that one. The other forum is essentially writing Arrow off. DVDBeaver on the other hand (and the Facebook group) are very much happy with it.

For my money, they look great. I am getting the discs next week, so that will be my final say.
And for me, no reviews are going to make me think this is a great presentation...it makes me weep looking at these clips:

Old 08-07-16, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Some of these screen caps are crazy tho. I'm still getting the release, and ive never seen the films, but this seems too much.

Credit: cakefactory @bluray

Old 08-07-16, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck
Some of these screen caps are crazy tho. I'm still getting the release, and ive never seen the films, but this seems too much.

Credit: cakefactory @bluray

From what Arrow is saying, there wasn't a lot they could do:

https://arrowvideodeck.blogspot.co.u...-scorpion.html

Again, I am not an expert on how they should look, but if this is what the materials were, shouldn't that be an idea of what to expect? My opinion still stands, they look good to me.
Old 08-07-16, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's revisionist coloring, there is no real way to get around that fact. Some will like it more than its older color, some will like it less.
Old 08-09-16, 03:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

I swear to god the packaging for the Bride of Re Animator set is made out of tissue paper and wet farts. I'm doing a little rearranging and put the slightest amount of pressure against the box with another dvd and the top caves in like a sandcastle on a low tide. ugh.
Old 08-09-16, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It's revisionist coloring, there is no real way to get around that fact. Some will like it more than its older color, some will like it less.
The clips in that trailer look more like color fading than deliberate revisionism.
Old 08-09-16, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Just opened the box for Scorpion. Holy shit this is a beautiful set. Hell with the transfers

Reversible artwork, hardcover book, 2 posters. Amazing.
Old 08-10-16, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
The clips in that trailer look more like color fading than deliberate revisionism.
Can you elaborate on this a little more? I am curious as to how you came to this conclusion.
Old 08-10-16, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts

Can you elaborate on this a little more? I am curious as to how you came to this conclusion.
I'm not saying that authoritatively based on any inside knowledge. However, it doesn't look to me like a deliberately applied blue tint - more like other color layers have faded, leaving the blue overemphasized. The bleached flesh tones remind me of what faces look like on my projector if I turn the green and red controls way down.

Generally, when a colorist adds a blue or teal tint intentionally, those colors will look more saturated than what I see in that trailer.

Given the post in the Arrow Video blog about the film elements for these movies being in poor shape, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt that this is the best they could do with them.
Old 08-10-16, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The physical packaging for Female Prisoner Scorpion is very cool. I haven't always liked their art design but it strikes the right chord this time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.