Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Angel has Fallen -- 4K UHD and Blu-Ray -- 11/26/19

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 10-12-19, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

• Angel Has Fallen 4K UHD, Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Special Features:
  • • "Even Angels Fall: The Story" Featurette
  • • "Someone to Watch Over Me: New Blood" Featurette
  • • "Calling All Angels: Casting" Featurette
  • • "True Faith: Authenticity" Featurette
  • • "Fight for You: Stunts and Action" Featurette
  • • "Earth Angel: Recreating DC" Featurette
  • • "Angel Declassified" 3-Part Audio Commentary with Director Ric Roman Waugh
https://movieweb.com/angel-has-falle...date-features/

The latest stand-alone installment of the full-throttle Has Fallen action series comes home when Angel Has Fallen arrives on Digital November 12 and on 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital), Blu-ray™ Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), DVD, and On Demand November 26 from Lionsgate. Filled with edge-of-your-seat action set pieces, explosive moments, and jaw-dropping hand-to-hand combat.

In Angel Has Fallen, there is an assassination attempt on U.S. President Allan Trumbull (Morgan Freeman), his trusted confidant, Secret Service Agent Mike Banning (Gerard Butler), is wrongfully accused and taken into custody. After escaping from capture, he becomes a man on the run and must evade his own agency and outsmart the FBI in order to find the real threat to the president. Desperate to uncover the truth, Banning turns to unlikely allies to help clear his name, keep his family from harm, and save the country from imminent danger.

This comes out Black Friday week on Tuesday. I don't know if we'll be seeing any discount on this being a new release that week. I'd like to get it to wrap up the Mike Banning trilogy. It was a little better than London IMO.
Old 10-14-19, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Angel has Fallen -- 4K UHD and Blu-Ray -- 11/26/19

Movie is worth seeing, but I'll pass on the 4K. I don't think you're really going to miss anything by getting the standard Blu-ray (or just buying on digital). Huge improvement over London Has Fallen though, so a step in the right direction for this (ongoing?) series.
Old 10-14-19, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Re: Angel has Fallen -- 4K UHD and Blu-Ray -- 11/26/19

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Movie is worth seeing, but I'll pass on the 4K. I don't think you're really going to miss anything by getting the standard Blu-ray (or just buying on digital). Huge improvement over London Has Fallen though, so a step in the right direction for this (ongoing?) series.
That's what I'm thinking too. I might just go with regular BD on this one when it's not too expensive. There's nothing about the way it's filmed that would be enhanced dramatically by 4K. It's a perfectly fine viewing experience in just regular HD.