Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is the movie Run (1991) with Patrick Dempsey streaming or on Blu-ray anywhere?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 09-04-19, 07:37 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Really want this in best quality possible. Just hard to believe with his tv success, it seems no where to be found except DVD.
Old 09-04-19, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Is the movie Run (1991) with Patrick Dempsey streaming or on Blu-ray anywhere?

Maybe rent it from the same video store that also has copies of Christopher Columbus: The Discovery.

I jest, I actually forgot all about Run until you brought it up.
Old 09-04-19, 07:48 PM

Re: Is the movie Run (1991) with Patrick Dempsey streaming or on Blu-ray anywhere?

I remember it was just a non-stop chase and young Kelly Preston. Seems ripe for it to be easily accessible somehow...
Old 09-04-19, 08:05 PM

Welp, never mind. It’s streaming on Amazon Prime! For fucks sake, I checked that just watch streaming site that shows if and where a movie is streaming. And I checked Amazon for foreign releases and didn’t see this for streaming. Fuck yeah! I also have the foreign DVD from somewhere, but I’ll never find it. This will do just nicely!
Old 09-05-19, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
Welp, never mind. Itís streaming on Amazon Prime! For fucks sake, I checked that just watch streaming site that shows if and where a movie is streaming. And I checked Amazon for foreign releases and didnít see this for streaming. Fuck yeah! I also have the foreign DVD from somewhere, but Iíll never find it. This will do just nicely!
I've also been waiting for this title to have a Blu-Ray release. I believe the DVD is full frame. How's the quality on Amazon Prime? Is it in HD?
Old 09-05-19, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not only can it be watched via prime, it looks like it can be purchased in HD for $3.99 right now. Not sure if it is Full Frame or Widescreen. It does look like there is a good trailer out there on YouTube in widescreen that looks pretty good.

Old 09-05-19, 05:22 PM
Premium Member

It's widescreen on Prime, but I don't know if it's normal or cropped. Just scanning through it a lot of the scenes look close-up, but I've never seen it before to know either way.
Old 09-05-19, 08:27 PM

Says HD, 1080p. Looks pretty damn good actually.
Old 09-06-19, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Says HD, 1080p. Looks pretty damn good actually.
Did you buy it or stream it free on Prime? When we watched it via Prime, it for sure was 480p with Linear PCM sound.
Old 09-07-19, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Did you buy it or stream it free on Prime? When we watched it via Prime, it for sure was 480p with Linear PCM sound.
Streamed free. The Amazon display info showed HD, 1080p...
Old 09-07-19, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Streamed free. The Amazon display info showed HD, 1080p...
Interesting. Maybe we didn't have a good stream. We have 100mbs service and most everything on Amazon looks amazing. For some reason this wasn't good quality.
Old 09-07-19, 06:16 PM

i run close to 100 as well...

Old 09-08-19, 08:22 PM

What a fun, breezy movie. Always loved the young Dempsey movies. Didnít realize it had such a high body count and he does actually kill one person, with an uzi of all things. Always remembered and loved the final kill though. Good, cheesy stuff.