Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hal Hartley's Surviving Desire -- Kickstarter

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 04-18-19, 02:49 PM

Like he has done in the past with the Henry Fool and Long Island trilogies, Hal is doing another Kickstarter campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...re-and-company

We are now restoring Surviving Desire (1991) in HD, along with two short films that have usually been presented with it, Theory of Achievement and Ambition (both also completed in 1991). This will be a 2-disc boxed-set, the third edition of my complete works, subtitled in Japanese, French, Spanish and German, as well as English. There will be a 16 page booklet with an essay and interview as well as a lot of photos.

Also, we are rebuilding the little musical film, Opera No. 1 (1993), featuring Adrienne Shelly, Parker Posey, James Urbaniak and Patricia Dunnock. This will be included as well.

Finally, bowing to intense pressure from five or six devoted (and very well informed) fans from various parts of the globe, I am restoring—as much as possible—the “juvenilia”— that is: the two short films I made in the 1980’s that still exist: Kid (1984) and The Cartographer’s Girlfriend (1986). So this boxed-set will contain all the work I did in 16mm.

As with the Henry Fool Trilogy and Long Island Trilogy boxed-sets, rewards will include a calendar, and a CD of new music based on tunes from these films. But also a new book of the scripts—including the original 1986 version of Theory of Achievement, recently rediscovered!

We aim to deliver all this by December 1, 2019

Last edited by dex14; 04-18-19 at 02:55 PM.