HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

CAPTAIN MARVEL: 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray

Old 03-08-19, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

CAPTAIN MARVEL: 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/captain...?skuId=6332725

https://www.target.com/p/captain-mar...l/-/A-54502514
Old 03-08-19, 09:41 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Re: CAPTAIN MARVEL: 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray

i like Target better since it shows more of Brie and I love her, but again, SteelBook™, fancy packaging doesn't always do it for me anymore. if digital has all the extras that's all i need, but would import a regular 3D version...
Old 03-09-19, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not worried about any exclusive content or special packaging. I did like this movie and will add it to my Marvel collection in 4K. I still have one more BB GC I got for Christmas around here somewhere.
Old 03-09-19, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hav every Best Buy first run exclusive MCU Steelbook since The Avengers (I.e. Every film since that one except Iron Man 3). No need to stop collecting now. I like that one. It is strange that sometimes Best Buy has tons of those Steelbook and others are incredibly limited. Preordered this one now just to be safe.
Old 03-09-19, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Same here These and the Target DC steelbooks are pretty much the only ones I really pick up anymore.
Old 03-11-19, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Having seen the movie, I'm going to have to give buying the film some thought. However, I bought "Iron Man 3" and "Thor: The Dark World" and I didn't care all that much for them, either.
Old 03-11-19, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Already pre-ordered mine. $20 RZ so my cost should be about $5
Old 05-09-19, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got a notification from BB on the release date, June 11th
Old 05-09-19, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bonus Materials:

Alternate Movie Versions:

Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan

Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.

FEATURETTES:

Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.

Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.

The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.

The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.

The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.

Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.

DELETED SCENES:

“Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.

Starforce Recruits – Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree’s mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.

Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.

“What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.

Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.

Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.

Gag Reel – The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.

DIGITAL EXCLUSIVES:

Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.

What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!

Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.

On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.
​​​​​​​

Old 05-09-19, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I preordered but I just cancelled. My birthday is the 18th so I'll let my wife pick it up for my birthday. She's always asking for ideas so that will be an easy one. I'll save the GC for the other Marvel movies being released in 4K
Old 05-09-19, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
I preordered but I just cancelled. My birthday is the 18th so I'll let my wife pick it up for my birthday. She's always asking for ideas so that will be an easy one.
I won't tell you what I usually ask for on my birthday.
Old 05-10-19, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
I won't tell you what I usually ask for on my birthday.
My wife stopped giving me that for my birthday years ago so I stopped asking.