Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD -- 4K UHD (Theatrical, Cannes, Argento cuts) coming from Second Sight

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD -- 4K UHD (Theatrical, Cannes, Argento cuts) coming from Second Sight

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-20, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD -- 4K UHD (Theatrical, Cannes, Argento cuts) coming from Second S

What's bizarre is I placed three Arrow orders, all within about four or five days.

The last order, which was the smallest, shipped last and arrived first- about eight or nine days ago.
The second order shipped a couple days before that last one and showed up last week.
The largest order, which was the first. shipped the earliest and was in NYC ten days ago and now is who-knows-where. I'm in NYS, so it should have been here well before now.

I just hope when it does finally get here I don't have to deal with too much damage and loose discs from several extra weeks of being bounced around.
Old 07-23-20, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: George A. Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD -- 4K UHD (Theatrical, Cannes, Argento cuts) coming from Second S

My Base dot com order is still holding on strong to the original price, so doesn't look like it will go up due to the increase in UK postage.
Old 07-23-20, 08:19 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

I don’t even know how to check. Why isn’t this up on Amazon?
Old 07-23-20, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
My Base dot com order is still holding on strong to the original price, so doesn't look like it will go up due to the increase in UK postage.
They specifically said they wouldn't, that the orders already placed would be honored at the original S/H price quoted.

When I ordered Walkabout a week or two back, it was also at the £2.99 s/h, which I found curious but certainly wasn't going to complain about.

As an update, a couple of the "lost" packages came in today. Still no signs of the Arrow though.
Old 07-24-20, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
They specifically said they wouldn't, that the orders already placed would be honored at the original S/H price quoted.

When I ordered Walkabout a week or two back, it was also at the £2.99 s/h, which I found curious but certainly wasn't going to complain about.

As an update, a couple of the "lost" packages came in today. Still no signs of the Arrow though.

Ah, I did not know that they specifically said they would honor the price. Cool!
Old 08-19-20, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

An update- Base just canceled a bunch of US orders for Walkabout, including mine.
Old 08-19-20, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mine is still intact.
Old 08-19-20, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

your order of Walkabout or Dawn Of The Dead?

After I got the notice for W, I went and cancelled the order for DotD I had with them.
I was more than likely going to do it at some point anyway. The business with Walkabout just made it seem more convenient to conclude my interaction with them now.
Old 08-19-20, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

your order of Walkabout or Dawn Of The Dead?

After I got the notice for W, I went and cancelled the order for DotD I had with them.
I was more than likely going to do it at some point anyway. The business with Walkabout just made it seem more convenient to conclude my interaction with them now.
Dawn of the Dead. Oh, so you canceled your order of DOTD. That's different than what you initially posted. I did not order Walkabout.
Old 08-19-20, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Base cancelled Walkabout on me.

After that I decided to go ahead and cancel my order of DotD.
I would have canceled at some point, the Walkabout business just pushed me to do it now.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear before.
Old 08-19-20, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ah, gotcha.

Old 09-01-20, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

an update-

My order for Walkabout, placed directly with Second Sight, arrived at NYC USPS induction point on 8/21.
As of early morning today, there were no tracking updates other than that, but it was delivered this afternoon.

SS packaged it in a large box with air cushions and bubble wrap. It looks to be in excellent condition.

I already trusted them to do a good job with these releases after seeing what they did with Changeling two years back. The physical production of the Walkabout set is superior to any Arrow set I own. And those guys are no slouches either.

The only bad part is that my expectations for DotD are now sky high.

one other thing- a couple weeks after cancelling my order, Base re-listed Walkabout for sale.
Old 09-02-20, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

So, what's the best deal for the 4K shipped to the U.S.?
Old 09-03-20, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Probably DD using a coupon- if they don't end up cancelling it on you.

The only other option I'm aware of now is Zavvi.
Old 09-03-20, 08:20 AM

what about Base?
Old 09-03-20, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Base is now charging £29.99 for shipping on this set.

After conversion, you'll end up paying more for it via import now from Base, than if you get it from DD with a coupon.

If you've already gotten an order in with Base for the original £2.99 shipping- that'll be the best deal by far...unless they cancel it at the last minute - like they did with my Walkabout order.
Old 09-03-20, 08:53 AM

Ah. Didn’t know that. Gotcha.
Old 09-03-20, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My Base order is still holding with the original shipping price.
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (09-03-20)
Old 09-03-20, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Can't justify paying $110 (w/ shipping) for it when I'm already laying down $130 for F13 as well.

Wonder if there's any chance this will be released for NA?
Old 09-03-20, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
My Base order is still holding with the original shipping price.
just hope it doesn't end this way...

Old 09-03-20, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Wonder if there's any chance this will be released for NA?
Anything's possible, but if it were gonna happen this year, I think we'd have heard about it by now. To discourage losing sales to importing, if nothing else.
Old 09-03-20, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 972 Likes on 685 Posts

What's wrong with Amazon? As far as I can tell this is available to ship to the US for £57 total.

Edit: Nevermind. I see that's Blu Ray only.

Old 09-03-20, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
What's wrong with Amazon? As far as I can tell this is available to ship to the US for £57 total.

Edit: Nevermind. I see that's Blu Ray only.
Amazon can't ship some Second Sight items to the US (the "Walkabout" LE, for example). DOTD is another.
Old 09-03-20, 01:57 PM

rocket is correct, the DotD Blu-ray can ship to US. In fact, I just cancelled Base and going with Amazon. Thanks rocket!

Old 09-03-20, 02:01 PM

Even Walkabout LE Blu-ray can be shipped as well, though never heard of the movie.
The following users liked this post:
E Unit (09-03-20)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.